The End

Warm Milk Is Best Taken On Sleepless Nights

 

Taemin sat rigid and still as Jinki ordered their food, along with Jessica’s guidance off the menu and rolling her eyes and laughing when he couldn’t pronounce the English words properly. Across from his seat, Krystal had the nonchalant expression and the laid back position with her fiddling with her phone. But he knew her appearance now was the calm before the storm and later—he shivered—later he would show her wrath. He even experienced the first pain of her rage. She had stepped on his foot earlier and he was sure she was wearing some cleats for it to hurt like hell.

Krystal caught his eyes and she narrowed it, a promise for the doom that was about to come. Again, Taemin shuddered, gulped and looked away.

Both their attention transferred from each other as Jessica began to speak. To be honest, Krystal was rather scared of her sister. She had been awfully quiet after they all had sat down on one table and she knew her sister well enough when she is quiet.

“So… you two…” The blonde pointed at Krystal and Taemin suspiciously. “Are on a date, am I correct?”

Krystal gulped nervously before answering, “Yes.”

Jessica continued to eye her suspiciously before following another question. “And how long have you two been dating?”

“For a while.” Taemin answered, not really looking at anyone at the moment.

Jinki raised a brow at Taemin but said nothing. He had not heard of this from the younger man. They were relatively close in SHINee, Taemin never missing the chance to tell his secrets and share whatever adventure he had encountered for the day. For him to have a love life and not tell Jinki about it was utterly ridiculous and unnatural.

Their food arrived soon to Krystal’s relief and they all ate in silence, save for a joke Jinki shared. It was so lame but Jessica didn’t seem to mind. She even choked a little, trying not to burst into a fit of giggles. Krystal had no idea what her unnie found interesting about SHINee’s leader. He was rather plain in her opinion and she could definitely do better.

Then again, some of Jessica’s previous boyfriends were awful and mean to her so maybe Jinki wasn’t so bad. If he could stop with the lame jokes, then he would be bearable.

Surprisingly, the “double date” went well. No one pressed the matters of Taemin and Krystal and they all had a good time. Unfortunately, that didn’t mean they were off the case. They barely escaped. The matter will be pressed if not now, then soon. Krystal felt chills on her spine. She didn’t really want to deal with this mess she’d gotten herself into. It was troublesome. When they bade the older couple away, the younger Jung suggested they go to a secluded park and talk about the matters at hand. Finding an almost empty place, Krystal sat at a bench and patted the seat next to her. Taemin, without saying a word, obliged.

“This was a disaster.”

“You got that right.”                                          

“Everything was so off plan.”

“Yeah.”

“Telling them that we were on a date was stupid by the way.”

“Agreed. Spur of the moment. Sorry.”

“It’s fine. I don’t really mind anymore.”

“Us dating?”

“No, ew. That’s gross. That was a pretend date. Never going to happen again. Anyway, what I meant was I don’t mind my sister and Jinki oppa dating anymore.” Krystal confessed.

Taemin raised a brow, curious and slightly annoyed. “And why is that? Did you forget about our agreement?”

“I didn’t, okay. Calm down and let me explain,” replied Krystal, irritated by his attitude. “I just think that they’re happy together. I mean, weren’t you there? They look like they’re in love. It was so cheesy and mushy it kind of made me want to puke.” She made a look disgust that made Taemin laugh. “I’ve never seen my sister happy like that. I don’t really want to ruin it either. It seems immature to do so too, don’t you think?”

Taemin didn’t respond and continued to stare at nothing. Sensing something, Krystal spoke again.

“Why do you want them separated anyway? Don’t you like them together?”

“No! It’s not that…” He answered hesitantly. “Jinki hyung happy makes me happy. I’m just… Just a bit… I don’t know… A bit jealous, that’s all.”

She laughed. “Of my sister?”

“Yes, I guess?” Taemin scratched his head, also confused. He had no idea how to explain it. He had trouble convincing his other hyungs before and surely, he would have trouble convincing Krystal too. He had to give it a try though. “I’ve known Jinki hyung since I was thirteen. We hanged out a lot. It’s like I grew up with him and since we debuted, we rarely had the chance to bond. Living in the same dorm wasn’t helping either. Whenever we’re home, either we’re too tired to talk or we go to sleep early to recover lost rest. And every time we do have free time, he’s always out with family or her. I don’t know really… I just miss him.”

Krystal hummed her reply. She could understand Taemin’s sentiments perfectly. Her sister practiced day in and out for her debut so they rarely had the chance to form a tight sisterly-connection. When Jessica came to live with the other girls on their dorm, it felt like she had no sister. She missed her terribly most of the times. She could see where Taemin was pulling all these thoughts from.

“You should tell Jinki oppa that then. Tell him you miss him.”

Taemin scoffed. “Psssshhh. That’s gay.”

Krystal rolled her eyes. “You’re impossible. Seriously though, you should do it. It’s the only way.”

“Maybe.” Taemin mused. “You know, you’re quite cool Soojung. Unexpectedly.”

“So I’ve heard.” She shrugged and they sat and talked for the rest of the night. They bade their goodbyes later. When Taemin got home, he told Jinki everything. Jinki immediately planned a special getaway for the two of them (and the rest of SHINee). A sort of vacation with no fans and flashing lights and lots of food. Taemin couldn’t be any happier.




A/N: YES I'M FUCKING DONE. NOW ON TO OTHER FICS