Unrequited love is heartbreaking but Betrayal is devastating

My Neighbor, Shin Dongwoo [Hiatus]

“What about our lunch…” Juniel mumbled as she pouted at CNU’s closed door.

“Juniel ssi…would you like me to help you back to your apartment?” Ah In offered.

“No thanks…I’ll be fine on my own.” Juniel smiled as she limped off towards the lifts.

“Be careful on your way out.” Ah In called after her as she watched her figure disappear into the lift.

He wanted to ask Juniel badly if she recognized him since they went to middle school together but thought against it, maybe now wasn’t the right time yet.

Juniel limped out of the lift towards the door to her apartment; looking at the bottle of ointment CNU gave her in her hand. He seemed like a gentle and caring person, the other time he had also pulled her away from the road to prevent her form getting knocked by the car. Juniel wondering what would make a person like him want to hide away from the world…she was curious as to what secrets CNU had.

Juniel looked up from the bottle as she approached her apartment, realizing to her surprise that Jonghyun was standing outside her door waiting for her.

“Oppa…” Juniel trailed off, at a loss for words.

“You’re back…why didn’t you answer my calls or messages?” Jonghyun asked.

“Why are you here?” Juniel asked, fishing out her house keys from her pocket.

“Jun hee ya…we need to talk, I rushed down here after recording with the band….didn’t you see my message?” there was a serious look on Jonghyun’s face which made Juniel a little nervous.

Jonghyun was probably going to tell her something that would upset her badly…but she had to accept it eventually.

Juniel sighed as the lock clicked open.

“Let’s go inside and talk.” She said.

“What happened to your leg? Did you get hurt?” Jonghyun asked, there was a look of concern on his face now.

“It’s nothing….just a small accident, I’m fine.”

“Is tomato juice okay for you?” she said, pouring some tomato juice into a glass.

“Mmm…” Jonghyun nodded, taking a seat on the couch.

“I baked cupcakes this morning, try some.” She said, placing the glass of tomato juice and a small plate with a cupcake on it on the table.

Jonghyun smiled a little.

“Jun hee ya…are you still mad at oppa?” he asked.

“Did you come all the way here just to ask me that?” Juniel replied, she knew Jonghyun didn’t come here today to make small talk.

“Have you seen this?” Jonghyun asked, passing his Galaxy Note with the article to Juniel.

Juniel frowned as she scrolled through the article.

“Aren’t these kind of articles common, this isn’t the first time….Oppa…are you ashamed to be labeled as a couple with me!?” Juniel raised her voice a little.

“Jun hee ya…you know that’s not what I meant….you always jump to conclusions…” Jonghyun was about to continue when Juniel cut him off.

“You….like Hye Jeong eonni don’t you…” she said, staring into Jonghyun’s eyes.

She had finally said it, all these years she didn’t want to ask…she didn’t want to believe that it was true. It was like finally pinching herself to wake up….Jonghyun was never going to like her like he liked Hye Jeong.

Jonghyun blinked at Juniel, what she said surprised him a little. He didn’t know what to say.

Juniel let out a small laugh.

Silence meant consent.

“Oppa, it’s not like you didn’t know how much I liked you…..I made it so obvious, but you only treat me like your little sister! What’s wrong with me oppa!? How is Hye Jeong eonni better than me??”

“How is she better than..someone you’ve known since you were a child?? I thought we got along well together Oppa…I’ve always been waiting for the day you would tell me….you like me too…but I guess I should just give up now…” She finished, turning to look away from Jonghyun so she wouldn’t feel like crying.

“Jun hee ya…”

“Forget it, I know what you’re here for….you don’t have to worry…this is the last time that I’ll get in between the both of you. Oppa…you’re free to date Hye Jeong eonni now, I’ll disappear….I won’t bother the both of you…”

“Maybe we shouldn’t see each other so frequently anymore.” Juniel said, biting her lip and crossing her arms.

“Jun hee ya…you know this is not what I want…” Jonghyun said, standing up and holding onto Juniel’s shoulder.

“Then what do you want oppa!?” Juniel screamed, spinning around and pushing Jonghyun’s hand away.

Her lip trembled as she stared into Jonghyun’s eyes.

“You want me to stay by your side and try to get along well with Hye Jeong eonni…and support the both of you being together!? I can’t! I can’t do it!! Don’t expect me to!” she continued, turning away from Jonghyun.

“I’m Sorry…” Jonghyun apologized.

“Sorry…isn’t really the right word to use in a situation like this is it?”

“Are you finished saying what you have to say? Because I still have a lot to unpack….” Juniel didn’t want to be in the same room with Jonghyun any longer, she felt like she was going to explose any moment.

Jonghyun sighed as he placed his band’s album with a post it note stuck on top on Juniel’s coffee table.

“I brought my band’s new album for you to listen…..you said you wanted to be the first to hear it…” Jonghyun said.

“I’ll call you later okay?” he finished as he walked out the door.

Juniel took a deep breath as she heard the door close shut, she had to calm herself down and gain her composure back.

She pressed her eyes shut as she let herself collapse onto the couch…her body shivered as she quickly grabbed her huge hello kitty pillow that was beside her on the couch and hugged it tightly.

Juniel sat there quietly for a few seconds as tears started to fall from her eyes.

Juniel’s silent tears quickly turned into violent sobs as she pulled her knees to her chest and continued to cry.

It was all over now…..nine years of liking Jonghyun…nine years of waiting for him to say that he likes her back…her first love….it was just all destroyed…in a flash.

CNU sighed as he stared through the window at Juniel, he had seen the whole argument between Jonghyun and her. He didn’t know the details or what they were arguing about….but he could feel how sad Juniel was feeling just by watching her sobbing in the corner.

After all he wasn’t new to sadness, sadness followed him for most of his life. Sadness was the reason why he locked himself up in his home and refuse to go out and meet or talk to anyone.

Sadness….

-Flashback-

CNU wasn’t a loner all of his life, in High School he was like any normal kid who had friends.

CNU had a best friend named Gongchan they did everything together. They sat together in class, walked home together and they used to play basketball at the basketball court near their houses almost everyday after school. CNU was good at studies and he would always teach Gongchan anything if he didn’t understand…and sometimes even let him copy his work!

CNU and Gongchan were, as some would say, they were inseperable!

One day, a girl named Seolhyun transferred to their school. She had long straight hair and big eyes, she was very pretty.

“Yah, Dongwoo hyung….look at the new student…she’s so pretty!” Gongchan hissed into CNU’s ear.

“I know right…I was about to say that too, she’s prettier than any girl in our class!” CNU shot Gongchan a smirk as they laughed together.

“Keep quiet at the back!” the teacher ordered.

Gongchan smiled at CNU.

“Hyung, wanna bet? I can make the new girl become friends with me faster than you!.” Gongchan smirked.

“Yah….what do you want to bet?”

“If….I win…you’ll do my homework for a month! If you win….I’ll get you anything you want! How does that sound?”

“Deal!” CNU smiled as the two boys shook hands.

And that was how it all started….

Eventually, Seolhyun became friends with both CNU and Gongchan and now the three of them were inseparable. Slowly, CNU started to fall for Seolhyun….after all she was pretty and kind hearted and smart too! Gongchan knew how much CNU liked Seolhyun..but one day CNU found himself sitting alone at his desk in school.

CNU frowned as he opened his literature textbook to read, thinking Gongchan and Seolhyun were just late for class.

Just then, Gongchan and Seolhyun walked into class together…they were chatting happily when they caught CNU’s gaze. CNU smiled as he raised his hand to wave at them, but to his surprise they ignored him and walked over to two empty desks and sat together.

CNU’s expression changed as he watched the two of them during class, never did they once turn back to look at him or come over to talk to him…they were even talking to other students.

CNU looked to the empty desk beside him, he and Gongchan used to be inseparable…what happened to that?

During lunch, CNU waited but Gongchan and Seolhyun never came to ask him to go to lunch together with them. Upset, he sat at his table reading his favorite book, as he was reading a groups of boys suddenly surrounded him at his table, one of them grabbed the book out of CNU’s hands and threw it onto the floor.

CNU stared at the boys, he was afraid to speak.

“Don’t dare to speak now since Gongchan isn’t by your side any more huh!?” the bully shouted.

“You’re nothing now without Gongchan and Seolhyun! You’re just a stupid nerd!!” the bully shouted, grabbing CNU by the collar.

“Yah! What do you want!! Stop it!!” CNU shouted back.

He looked through the corner of his eye and realized that Gongchan and Seolhyun had came in from the door, they saw CNU and then the bullies and then quickly walked back out of the classroom pretending they hadn’t seen anything.

At this moment CNU was overwhelmed with emotions, he wanted to know why! He wanted to know why his friends didn’t want him anymore…

“Nerd!!!” the bully shouted as he slammed CNU’s body against the wall.

CNU cringed as another one of the bullies pulled his spectacles off and threw it on the floor, stomping on it.

CNU raised his arms to protect his face as the bullies started hitting him.

He curled into a ball in the corner of the classroom as tears streamed down his face.

From that day onwards, CNU decided to shut himself out from the world and never spoke to anyone again.

 

A/n: Surprise cameo by Gongchan!! Hope you guys liked it! ^^

P.S. Here's a little picspam for you guys who ship shinchan otp!!!! kekekekeke~