September 21 in 8 Years

One Wish Changes Everything

September 21, 2001

 

It's Jongdae's 9th birthday and he celebrated his day with his 7 years old brother Jongin, 11 years old best friend Minseok, and 10 years old friend Yixing. They went to the backyard and decided to play EXO. It's a game where you have powers and fight exotic creatures. You come from an unknown world called EXOPLANET and travel to a world called earth.
"I call teleportation" bellowed Jongin running from place to place making it seem like he's "teleporting".
"I want healing" uttered Yixing. He kneeled down in front of a white flower. He curled his fingers in one by one and lifted his hand upward trying to "heal" the plant.
"Okay. I get frost and Jongdae you get lightning, okay?" Jongdae nodded his head in agreement. He agrees with Minseok a lot.
They played for hours. When it was 8 pm they went up to Jongdae's room.
"Hey guys. What if we actually had powers? Wouldn't that be cool? We'd be able to do things others can't." Explained Jongdae.
"Why don't we just wish for powers" suggested Jongin.
"Yeah! We can wish for the powers we want!" Continued Yixing.
"I mean I guess we could. It wouldn't hurt to try." Said Jongdae.
So that's what they did. Minseok wished for the power of frost. Yixing wished for the power of healing. Jongdae wished for the power of lightning. And Jongin wished for the power of teleportation.
"Did it work?" Questioned Yixing.
"I don't know. Lets try." Minseok walked towards the window, opened it and raised his hand up to the sky.
"What are you doing?" Asked Jongin.
"Shhh. I'm trying to make it snow." clarified Minseok.
"Ooooooh" was all Jongin could say.
A few seconds passed and nothing happened.
"I guess it didnt work." A disappointed birthday boy Jongdae said.
The boys were upset their wishes didn't come true.
"It just wasn't meant to be guys." elucidated Minseok. He closed the window and headed out the room.
The other three boys followed him out.
 
September 30, 2009
 
The past week had been unusual to the 4 teenagers. Everything Minseok touches becomes cold. When he drinks water the glass turns icy. Yixing has been avoiding pain without even trying to. One time he was cooking and accidentally touched to steaming hot pan but he didn't feel a thing and the mark disappeared after 2 seconds. Jongdae seems to shock people whenever they shake hands with him. Whatever he touches there's static. Unlike before Jongin is never late for anything. He's everywhere. One second he's at the dance studio and the next he's at home. 8 years have passed since they last wished for their powers and they're starting to believe that their wishes are coming true.
It was 8 days ago when strange things started happening. On Jongdae's birthday.
"This is so strange. Why? After 8 years? Why now?" asked Jongin. He was still confused as to why this is suddenly happening. After school they decided to go to their favorite coffee place SMent_Coffee. They always go there after school when they need to talk about serious and important things which is most of the time.
"The real question is, why did this happen? Why did our wishes come true?" continued Minseok.
Minseok was right. Why did their wishes come true. It's not normal to wish for powers and for it to come true..........at least, not in the real world. I mean they were just kids. They knew little. They believed most of the things they watched from tv shows and comic books.
"So what now?" asked Jongin. He reached for his cup of coffee and took a small sip not realizing its hotness and ended up burning his tongue. He cursed himself in a whispered voice but loud enough for the other three to hear. They just brushed it off and continued their conversation.
"Well to answer your question younger brother" started Jongdae "I think we should learn how to use and control our powers. It wouldn't be fair to us and others, of course, if we didnt know how to control our powers. We'd just end up destroying the whole world."
After a minute or two of thinking about what Jongdae had just said they came to a conclusion.
"Okay. I'm up for it." Minseok spoke first.
"Me, too." answered Jongin and Yixing in unison.
"Good. Well it's obviously too late to practice at this time and we're exhausted so we can't pick today." everyone agreed with Jongdae.
"Then we start tomorrow." said Minseok. After their "little meeting" they all went home to rest for the next morning. They need all the rest they could get. They're going to wake up to a tiring, painful, busy day.
 
_______
Chapter 1 DONE!!!!
Please comment and subscribe.