Then she smiles

Sweet Surrender

 

AS USUAL, Jung Hana went to work at Poisonously Sweet Café as one of the maids. She wrapped her frilly white apron around her perfectly curved waist and went out the locker room to serve costumers.

Unlike most of the maids who has a cute moe character, Hana or Zinger at the shop, has a cold attitude. Therefore, she was dubbed as the mysterious type and she was very popular to the M type of patrons.

Little did they know that her actions weren't just for the café but it was her real persona. She distances herself from others for she didn't want any of them to get to know her better. She was cold as ice for them to be unimpressed of her. But in the end, they still liked her. It was to be expected at a maid café.

She has been working at the café for half a year. Pretty much, she has gotten used to everything and she has forgotten most of her problems. Working there became a pass time.

But a part of her heart would definitely not get healed by just running around serving costumers. That bitter part of her needs to be cured by someone. Her belief of all men are jerks need to be changed. Not all men were cheaters like her past boyfriend. Her life needn't to be dull as gray just because of one person.

Masochists called for her and she would shot them death glares they love every time they rushed her for their order. Up until now, those Ms hadn't known her story in contrast with me.

I entered the maid café and sat at my usual place at the farthest back of the shop and asked for her service like always. 

She walked towards me as soon as she finished serving the Ms.

"Noona!" I flashed her my gummy smile. It may have creeped the hell out of other maids but I would always show my wide grin for her.

Her expression slowly changed. "What would be your order, Mir-nim?" she sweetly smiled back.

And only to me, she did that. Because after a long time of courting her, proving her my worth, only me smothered her with sweetness. A sugar she needed after a long bitterness with her coffee during winter.

I am that sugar. And I am the reason of her sweet surrender.

-Bang Cheolyong

 

The End