41

Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh my body is so tired it's not even funny but promise is a promise so here it is, folks!

-Jiyongchy

My day has gone brighter as second goes by. Everyday I got reminded that I am going to be debuting soon as I discuss and choose concepts and songs that will best suited for my image. Ultimately, we have concluded that I would not go for the bubbly image that most people would opt for considering my age. Instead I’d be given a more fierce stage presence. Like CL, but girlier.

Songs has been lined up for me to pick and lyrics has been beautifully crafted to accommodate the melody. From the list of songs, I can already picture my image as an artist; poised, powerful but elegant. I feel giddy everytime I think about it.

BigBang has been gone for quiet sometime as they enjoy their massive popularity around the globe. I haven’t seen my brother for a while because he would stay in Japan in between their world stage. Of course, he never fail to contact me every single day and giving me feedbacks about my album.

Today is the first day to mark myself as an artist. I am going to do my first recording in this very building with none other that Tablo, the genius behind Epik High! Sajangnim had approve the song that Tablo had planned to do for me as a duet with Dong Min and today we are going to start the recording. I couldn’t contain my excitement as I skip my way to the room 402 and hum the melody to the song that I’m going to sing.

I open the studio room wide, expecting Dong Min and Tablo inside, but freeze once I see the man that I haven’t seen for months who seems to be waiting inside the room.

“How you doing?” He raises one eyebrow.

I froze, standing at the doorframe, looking at the devil that’s lurking inside the studio. He looks tired and frail. His eyes are almost completely covered by the dark circles and his cheeks are already concaved. It’s as if he’s been through hell and he finally made his way back to earth. But amidst all the weariness, his eyes shine.

“What are you…”

“I’m here to supervise” He quickly answers.

“Why?”

“Because I’m tired” He answers, a broken smile is visible on his face.

“Tired?”

“Yeah…” The smile on his face grew weaker.

“What are you talking about?” I crinkle my forehead.

He smiles darkly at me, “I’m tired of holding back”

I stun, not understanding what he means by his word but I don’t think I want to understand, when the door behind me spring open with two men walking in.

“Ji! What are you doing here, man?” Tablo walks pass me and high-fives Kwon Ji Yong.

“Ah, just checking on some things…” He answers while his eyes are on me.

“When did you arrive?” Tablo asks, oblivious to Kwon Ji Yong’s gaze.

“Two hours ago.” His answers simply as if it’s not a big deal.

“Then why are you already here??!” I didn’t realize it was my voice until everyone is looking at me.

“I told you, supervising” His voice is cold, “Hi Dong Min”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Sunbaenim” Dong Min, who has been standing behind me the whole time, quickly bows 90 degree towards the dragon.

“Have you guys practice the song?” He asks while Tablo starts setting up the studio for a recording.

“Err… no, I was wondering if Hana would want to do it…” Dong Min answers but quickly interrupted by Kwon Ji Yong.

“No. No time.” He says.

“Ya! They need to practice first Ji! It’s a love song!” Table quickly retorts.

“They can do it while they record. There’s no need to spend more time to hang around now do we?” Kwon Ji Yong folds him arm in front of his chest and keeping his stance, as if he’s the one in charge with the whole thing.

“Ya. You’re not the producer!” Tablo smacks Kwon Ji Yong in the back of the head and I couldn’t hide my satisfied giggle.

“Hyung~ I’m trying to help you here” He turns to Tablo and pouts.

Tablo clicks his tongue and shake his head instead, “They need practice so we don’t have to go back and forth recording this thing. Hana and Dong Min go ahead.” He turns on the music as if giving us a cue to start practicing and Kwon Ji Yong can only sulk in the corner.

Dong Min and I stand face to face and keeping our gaze as we recite the lyrics in hope to find the deeper emotion and can connect with the song and with each other better. We repeat certain parts whenever we feel that the emotion is not properly conveyed the first time.

The song is about a girl who is waiting eagerly and desperately for a guy to finally make his move but the guy feels that he's too inadequate to stand next to the girl so he can only stare from afar, not knowing that the girl has been waiting for him the whole time.

We try our best to convey emotions between u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter