39

Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I rush out to the door, checking the room number. Studio 402. It is the right room, but why am I in the dragon lair? I walk back in and Kwon Ji Yong is already entertained by my stupefy expression. He grins mischievously at me, while rocking his chair left and right, looking at me from top to bottom.

“Why the surprise?” He raises one eyebrow teasingly.

I can feel my heart is in my throat, “I-I I thought you were Tablo-ssi”

“Tablo hyung? Why would he be here?” He wrinkles his forehead.

“Isn’t he supposed to be the producer?” I ask nervously. Oh please God don’t make him my…

“But I’m your producer” He interrupts my pray to God and answers it himself.

I freeze and I feel like my soul is elsewhere. I stare at him motionlessly, unable to function after he basically told me that I’m going to be stuck with him until my debut. I think life is playing its joke on me right now. Just when I am slowly forgetting my feelings for him, life knocks my head and shoves me back the devil.

“You don’t look happy” He his head sideways, unimpressed by my reaction, “I am one of the most sought after producer/song-writer in Korea, and you’re having doubts about me?”

I gulp. It then occurs to me that he will be my ticket to a successful debut. I need to man up and it in. “No no no no… I… I am extremely grateful that you are my producer, Sunbaenim” I bow.

“Sunbaenim?”

“Ne” I quickly answer. Oh please don’t ask me to call you Opp—

“I thought we’ve established that you’d call me oppa?” He smirks. I want to punch his face.

“That was then” I cant help my brusqueness.

He chuckles, satisfied for successfully agitates me. “Snappy”

I stay quiet and try to control my temper. After what this man has put me through, I can’t believe I am stuck with him for the next few months! I might possibly did a very bad thing in my previous life and now I have to pay the price.

“What do you think about the song I just played?” He turns back facing the mixer and I cant help not to make a face.

“Hmm?” He turns and caught me in the act when my fist is mid air, as if I’m strangling him in my mind.

I quickly shoved my hands in my pocket and retaliate, “I think its great”

He laughs at me and turns back to his mixer, “What do you think of that song as your debut song?”

“WHAT?!” My voice is deafening the room. That song that he just played was cool and all but it is certainly not my scene!!

He quickly turns, and faces me. “Why? You just said that you like it”

“I…”

“Did you lie when you said the song is great? I really hate liar, Hana” He wags his fingers at me.

“I didn’t lie…” I answer timidly.

“Then do you agree with my idea? I can picture the MV just by hearing the music. You could wear FUBU and baggy pants and we could cornrow your hair. We’d have the studio filled with big cars and race cars and heaps of gold chain on your neck. It’d be badassery to its fullest” He explains proudly and clicking his tongue.

I gape, can not believing what I just heard coming out of this supposedly genius musician.

“ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MIND?!” I can not hold my annoyance any longer.

He stares at me as I catch my breath, to even out my breath, until his face contorted weirdly and finally succumbs to the laughter. He laughs so hard that he falls to the floor, holding his stomach.

“HAHAHA--OH MY GOD!! ! YOUR FACE!! THAT FACE!! YOU SHOULD’VE SEEN YOURSELF!! HAHAHA--” He shouts in between his laughter and I can feel my whole body burns up in embarrassment. He was joking??

He was still laughing, as he picked himself up to sit back on his seat, when the door behind me opens. I turn instantly.

“Hana-ssi?” The man calls my name.

“Ne!” I notice that voice.

“Ah” He is finally in the studio, “I’m sorry I was late, I had to call my wife”

“That’s okay, hyung” Kwon Ji Yong answers instead. I turn my head, growl at him.

“Oh you’re still here Ji?” Tablo look pass me, acknowledging the devil. “Then you didn’t feel alone while waiting for me, did you?” He asks me with apologetic eyes.

I lowered my head, “No, Tablo-ssi” and I can hear muffled laughter from the man in the chair.

“Did you show her the song, Ji?” Tablo walks pass me and my body stiffens. Wait, so that song really is for me??

“Of course, hyung” His eyes flashes as he eyeing me.

Why did I ever say that I love him? I want to strangle him with my mind and watch him as he lets out his last breath.

“What do you think about it, Hana?” Tablo is clicking away while staring at the computer screen.

“I…” I want to object when a song booming from the speaker.

The song is not the same as the one Kwon Ji Yong had played. This one is full of intricate melody mixed with a head-banging beat. I could feel my body starts to sway as the symphony progresses. The song doesn’t have any lyrics but I could already picture myself singing this song on stage.

Tablo and Kwon Ji Yong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter