Last Tears

Last Tears

Last Tears

 

"Kim Kibum!!"

 

Kibum's eyes are wide open. The papers in his hands scatters on the floor.

 

------

 

Jinki breathes the oxygen in and out with difficulty, but that doesn't really what he cares now. He's surprised, sad, angry, felt betrayed — everything.

 

His whole body is shaking, tears threatening to fall.

 

"You," Jinki starts when Kibum doesn't lift his head. Love, please look at me. "Tell me what I saw just now isn't real."

 

Silence.

 

"Why aren't you responding? I'm talking to you, Kibum-ah."

 

------

 

Kibum feels the hand on his wrist tightening, it hurts.

 

But Jinki's heart must be more, more hurt. Kibum can't lift his head, can't meet the other's eyes. He just can't.

 

"You," He tenses when Jinki's voice breaks the silence. "Tell me what I saw just now isn't real."

 

He keeps staring the tile, unsure what to tell Jinki. If... If he do as what Jinki had said then... then he'll be a liar.

 

"Why aren't you responding? I'm talking to you, Kibum-ah."

 

Kibum doesn't want to lie, especially to Jinki. Of course not. So—

 

"It's true. Your eyes don't lie to you. J-Jinki-yah.." Tears begin to form in his eyes. No. Why now— "I'm.. I'm s-sorry. Really, v-very sorry, Jinki."

 

------

 

Jinki's heart torn into pieces when Kibum break down in front of him. The last time he saw Kibum cry is when they had lost Taemin (the boy that Kibum said he's our son) in a supermarket (but they found him, anyways.)

 

What Jinki can do now is hold Kibum; his boyfriend, close to his chest.

 

"I don't have much time, Jinki."

 

"Kibum-ah, don't say that..." Jinki whispers into Kibum's soft hair.

 

"But it's true. My heart is a failure, Jinki."

 

They sleep that night with holding each other close. Jinki doesn't sleep, though.

 

"I promise I will make you happy till... till the end, my love." Jinki says into the air. He cries silently.

 

-----

 

Kibum tries to breath properly. He can't sleep with the pain all over his body.

 

"I promise I will make you happy till... till the end, my love."

 

Kibum manages to smile with tears falling down from his eyes.

 

Stay strong for me, my love.

 

He wants to say it when he hears Jinki's sobs, but—

 

Kibum's last tears stains his already pale face. He takes his one last breathe in Jinki's arms.

 

 

rain-bow's corner

Comment after you've done reading, you!