001

Choice

Notes: Texts in Grey-Colored are flashback.


Chapter 1

“I’m so tired of this. When can we debut?” Ailee whines, walking back and forth inside their trainee room. “Calm down. I heard our last member who is in charge of visual has already been chosen.” Nana said, smiling. “Jinjja?” Ailee asked, her eyes twinkled from excitement.

The door cracked open, reveals a girl with her bag and innocent look, coming inside with a nervous look. “Annyeong.” The two grin, waving at her. “A-Annyeonghaseyo.” She bows back. “I’m Nana. This is Ailee.” Nana smiles.

“What’s your name?” Nana asked. “Park Jiyeon!” She smiles. “Oh my god.” Ailee laughs in disbelief. “Since, you’re helping us to debut faster, a person who help others, what about Rian?” Nana smiles. “Rian? What does it mean?”  Ailee asked. “A person who brings happiness and peace to other.” Nana answers while Ailee nods.

“Rian! How do you like it?” Nana grins earning a nod from Rian. The door opened, reveal yet two more boys inside. “Whoa! Who is she?” Siwoo comes in, pointing at Rian. “Yah! Don’t come closer to our Riannie!” Nana said, pulling Rian to her, hugging her with Ailee. “Siwoo oppa is a big playboy.” Nana said as the two girls nod while JB laughs his throat off at Siwoo’s priceless reaction.

“Mworago? I’m not.” Siwoo said. “Anyway, I’m Siwoo. Nice to meet you, Rian!” Siwoo held his hand out and Rian slowly shakes his hand. “Come on. Let’s take picture.” Siwoo said, pushing JB to Rian. Both of their shoulders hit against each other slightly and they just stood there in awkward.

As Siwoo held up the camera, everyone flashed their own style to the camera. “Cha, whoa! Jarentas!” Siwoo said as the whole group peek over to see their photos. “I’m JB!” JB smiles as he held out his hand too. “Park Jiyeon!” She smiles, shaking his hand.

Their hands fit perfectly, as if it was a puzzle god made for them. JB and Rian walks outside, as, JB took her around. “So, I heard you’re going to be HershE’s visual?” He asked. “Ne.” She answers. “Do you like it?” He asked. “Ani.” That kinda shock him. “Wae?” He asked with a slight blink.

“Being a visual is not fun. We have to care about what we eat, our outfits, our skin, not to get injured, all clothes must fit perfectly. It sounds so tiring.” She said. “It seems like it does.” He chuckles.

“Yah! Rian-ah! Where are your soul?” Nana asked, waving her hands in front of Rian. “Oh, Waeyo?” Rian asked, snapped out from her thought. “You were dozing off and seems to be in such a deep thought. Are you thinking about JB?” Nana asked, grinning cheekily with Ailee, as both of them took a seat in front of her.

“Mwo? No way!” She protests, almost like immediately. “Why would I be thinking about him?” She asked, trying to cover up. “You know, first love never die. Maybe, you still has feeling for him, that’s why.” Nana said as Ailee nods. Rian just scoffs. Deep inside, her head recalls back the memories they shared, her heart start to ache again from the pain.

Rian rushes to hospital immediately when she found out that JB’s father had passed away. She knew that JB is probably had a serious mental breakdown. Why? His dad passed away on his debut day, the day that his dream has finally came true.

Without anymore thought, she ran to JB who is crying on the stairs with his head down and a rubix cube inside his hand. “JB-ah! I heard about it! I’m so sorry to heard about that.” She doesn’t know why, but, tears just came out without thinking twice. Maybe because JB’s father  treated her so well, or, maybe because she felt sad for JB.

“Let’s break up.” He said between his cry, his head shot up with tears streaming down. It was hard but JB had made such a difficult choice, he had forced each words out from his mouth. Rian’s world seems so misery. It seems as if the whole world had just collapsed right there. Her heart broke into million pieces like there’s no tomorrow.

Apparently, there seems to be no tomorrow for her. “I don’t want to break appa’s promise. I want to do my best, making him proud.” He said. But, Rian had already start crying more than before. Am I here being a disturbance to you that you cannot concentrate on your career? As much as she wants to ask him that but she couldn’t bring herself to speak nor utter a word.

“I- I u-understand.” She stutters. She understands it just completely. She has to lets him go toward his dream. She cannot be selfish alone and do not give him a chance to where he supposed to and what he supposed to have. She gave him a chance. But, little did JB know, he made such a regretful choice that simply just completely change Rian’s attitude. She’s no longer the same as everyone knew...

She had made a dramatic transformation to her appearance, she cut off her bang, applying on a serious smoky makeup, wearing something that gave off the rich and strong feel. And, little did he know, she had started to treat everyone differently, even the person that doesn’t hurt her. She’s starting to treat JB badly. But, he’s just too dump to notice that. Why did she do that? Because, she wants to escape from everything. She wants to forget everything so badly.

She wants to start over as a strong, emotionless person so badly. She wants to erased him so badly, but she couldn’t. Even though, giving herself a change that is hard to accept and to act, yet, Rian couldn’t forget him. All their memories flashed to her everytimes she saw the things they used to do.

“Psh. Whatever. Let’s go eat.” Ailee said, standing up with Nana. Rian got up, almost walked outside with her members, when Mrs. Hyun walked in. “Get ready. We’re going to Kirin Art High School in 5 minutes. All of your luggages and stuffs had already been set in the car.” She said and walked off.

“Luggages?” The three of them muttered. “Why are we going to Kirin Art High School? Why that lousy place out of all school?” Siwoo asked, walking behind Mrs. Hyun. “Are we moving there?” Rian asked. There are 4 groups of people she’s opens up and being her old-self to, her family, Siwoo, her HershE members and her other unnies she had met since she was 11 years old.

“But why? All of sudden, why are we moving from a comfortable place to that school?” Ailee asked. Mrs. Hyun didn’t answer, instead, she pushed all of them into the car. “I’m not going.” Siwoo shouts, being shoved harshly into the car. “Aish! Yah! Why aren’t you complaining even abit?” He asked JB. Nana, Ailee and Rian turned to JB.

“Why should I?” He asked. The four sighed and stared back to the front.

Meanwhile...

“Jin Yoojin! Look, I’m very sorry about yesterday—“ “YAH! YOU BOTH GET OUT OF THE WAY!” A bunch of students shout at the same time. “Can’t you find another way to walk?” Yoojin snapped back. “Aish! Jinjja! Both of you are so annoying!” A girl with big pink glasses kicked the small trash can they’ve been clearing the gums and put into.

“YAH!” Yoojin stands up angrily, pointing to the girl. “Wae?” The girl asked, pulling a fake upset facial expression. Another girl run together and bump into Haesung, spilling their coffee on her outfit, Yoojin turns his head to her. “Aish. My coffee. You should have pay more attention.” The two girls said. Yoojin was about to open his mouth when they threw the coffee on the ground. “I’m not going to drink anymore.” They said and walked away.

“Aish. People like them should really get a life.” Yoojin angrily said as he kicked the coffee, flying and hit the principle right one his face. “JIN YOOJIN!” The principle shouts on top of his lung. “S-Ssaem!” He stutters, shock at the incident. “I’m going to punish y—“ He was cut off when all the students gather and start shouting randomly.

Haesung and Yoojin stand up and turned to where the students are shouting at. Haesung dropped her trash can, seeing JB comes out from the car. All the idols got out from the car, walking elegantly and standing in front of the students, letting the reporters took their photos.

“Why aren’t you telling us first?” Siwoo whines, after the press conference end. “Does the company need to inform you about this?” Mrs. Hyun raised her voice. “But, it’s our own privacy.” He said. “Privacy? Your privacy is known by the world. What’s there to call it privacy?” She scoffs.

“Whatever. I’m going to film my drama.” Rian said. “Don’t you understand the word, cease of activities?” Mrs. Hyun said. Rian froze, “Does that means the filming schedules are ceased too?” Jiyeon asked. “You don’t have to go anyway. You’re fired.” She said calmly.

“Mwo?” Jiyeon asked, JB and the others turned to her. “The director decided to used another actress.” “Nugu?” “Yoo In Na.” “Mwo? Is the director out of his mind?” She shouts, pushing her chair away and ran away from the place.

“Rian-ah!” Nana stands up and ran after her. “Rian-ah!” Nana shouts, sees no sight of Rian. She went to the back of the school, and walked into a deep dark room. “Rian-ah!” Nana ran and went to hug Rian. “Don’t cry!” She comforts Rian, patting her head. “Things always don’t go my way. I want to forget about him but I can’t. I want to pursue my dream as an actress and I can’t. Why does everything is so against me?” Rian sobs.

“Rian-ah. Shh! I know how you feel! I know you still had a feeling for JB. I know you’ve endured it since then. But, everything will goes your way soon. Ailee, Siwoo and I are here when you need us and someone to relay onto. We’re here to support you, so stay strong. Those people who live on the street can still continue to have hope and live on without a support from anyone but from theirselves. What about you? You have everyone, your family, me, Ailee and Siwoo. We’re always here for you. Why can a person without any supports survive and live on while you can’t?” Nana said.

Rian felt every words from Nana. She’s right. Not partially right, but completely right. She’s been making a fool out of herself for letting herself get down just because of that. She’s just making herself down with that. For once, Rian decided to stand up again and fight for everything that is hers and decided to forget JB.

But, little did both of them know, there is this someone who heard everything from the door... JB