Time and Bandages

Through Broken Glass

    He was so confused. The way that Jungshin held him close at that moment; the way that the boy pressed his forehead against Minhyuk's; the way that they were so close has Minhyuk at death's end in confusion.

    He knew he'd loved Jungshin. He'd learned to admit that fact by then. But Jungshin's actions were enough to convince him that the taller boy loves him back. Minhyuk didn't want to believe it. He didn't want to hurt himself even more but it felt like having Jungshin's lips against his was the only thing that he was ever missing.

    He thought that maybe, he could allow himself to be selfish just this once.

    Jungshin, apparenlty, shared his sentiments because he held the boy in his arms and kissed him back.

 

    Everything was just perfect.

 

    There was no Soyu or Lizzy; there was no need for tears or alcohol; there was just him and jungshin and them and everything was perfect.

    Junghsin held the boy to his chest, his hands gently Minhyuk's back. He comforted the boy as if it were the last thing he'd ever do in his life. But of course, Minhyuk had to blurt out the questing on his mind. He had to make an attempt at ruining his moment.

    "What about Lizzy?" His voice shook a bit more than expected.
     "What about her?"
     "She's your girlfriend."
     "She isn't." Minhyuk's heart dropped just as Jungshin said those words rather simply. "Not anymore, at least. I broke up with her last week.

    The statement had Minhyuk's eyes wider than ever before. His best friend had been single again and he didn't know? The love of his life was holding him that tightly in his arms and Minhyuk didn't even realize he had a chance.

 

    Jungshin didn't know what to do when the smaller boy started to tear up again, the smile on his face as genuine as it used to be and maybe- although he'd never admit it- his heart skipped a beat. The kiss was what it was; what it should've been: Perfect. The way that Minhyuk fit perfectly in his arms, his chin propped snuggly onto his shoulder; the way that his fingers slipped in between Minhyuk's; the way that his warm chest was pressed against Minhyuk's; perfect.

    "Shin." Minhyuk couldn't wipe the smile off his face.
     "Hmm?" Jungshin's lips were pressed against the boy's temple.
     "I love you."

 

    Junghsin's movements came to a halt. Minhyuk was cautious, his breath deep as it fanned across the cloth of Jungshin's shirt. The taller boy his lips. He didn't know what to say- no, he didn't know how to say it. What if Minhyuk felt like some sort of rebound? What if he hadn't made the right decision?

    About two minutes had passed when Minhyuk tightened his grip on Jungshin's shirt. The silence sat on the line between comfortable and awkward. he remembered how the boy asked him never to leave him. He remembered how he promised not to. He remmebered how the boy fell asleep in his arms that night. How Minhyuk's face changed from pained to content as he kissed the sleeping boy's cheek. He remembered how Minhyuk had mumbled his name over and over again in his smile and suddenly Jungshin pulled himself back into reality and smiled. 

 

    Minhyuk waited for some kind of response from the taller boy. He waited for a nod or a hug; he waited for two whole minutes. He waited for- maybe, if he was lucky- an "I love you too."

    Two minutes of frozen silence in the arms of his best friend; in the arms of his companion; in the arms ofhis roommate; in the arms of the love of his love. Two minutes before the taller boy tightened his hold on Minhyuk, his lips curling into a small smile.

    Minhyuk began to shake again. He was gald there was a response, he was glad that Jungshin didn't hate him.

 

    Jungshin took in a deep breath. He pulled Minhyuk away, looking into the boy's eyes as long, thin fingers his cheek.

    "Kang Minhyuk, I love you too."