THE MAGIC WORD.

I'M SORRY

Some people had been asking if he had forgotten her. Some people had assumed that he had moved on. But , he even still could imagine how her smile always hypnotized him.  She always cheered him whenever he was sad or in trouble. She was the only one who could calm him whenever he was angry. No one had her magic. No one.

But as always it was his fault to let her go. It was his mistake to let her crying and now gone. She had been the strong woman as always, people even jealous on her infinite energy and how she could handle him without losing her mind. People had always adored her and he actually did too.

But he was just too stupid, he just had to let her go when he felt he had done the best thing ever when the fact he was doing the stupidest thing ever in his life. Now that she had walked away from him, now that she had turned her back to him, he lost. He was lost in the phase he didn’t know anything anymore. He was just that frustration.

Her parents had come a few weeks ago to tell him that she was sick. It surprised him how she could hide it from him after all of this time. It took some times for him to discover his courage and holidays in his breathtaking schedule to visit her in the hospital and it was just more surprising when he found her in the most fragile state he ever seen. She was just too pale from usual and those machines around her didn’t make it look better too. He tried to inhale the air but the tears fell first without he could control.

Her eyes were starting to open due to the little noise she heard. She adjusted her eyes in order to see who was it when the figure slowly approaching her. She wanted to gasp but her energy had lost too much. She only could stare on him with a disbelief look.

She really wanted to ask him why in the world he could find her but the tears she saw on his face stunned her even more. She forced herself to use the rest of her energy to smile on him and to wipe the tears from his face.

“Why you have never told me about this before?” He asked painfully with his fingers trailing on her pale face. She only replied him with a smile and shaking her head two times before looking at him lovingly again. He felt guilty washed him over to see her in the position, to see her loved him though she didn’t have any energy anymore to show him her affections. “Why Hyosung? Why noona? Why?” The words kept echoing in the room, making Hyosung dizzy and feeling guilty. Whispering silently, she tried to reply him. “No Sungjong, I thought you should have never known about this. I’m so sorry that you finally know about me.”

She was tried her best and he knew it by the moment he looked at her tired face. He wanted to bring her into his hug and told her everything was going to be okay. If ever he could do it. She was surrounded by life machines and it was impossible for him to do it. So instead, he only could hold her hands and squeezed it lightly.

“I’m sorry, noona. I’m sorry because I always hurt you.” He said with tears slowly fell again on his beautiful face. She looked at him with her empty look before nodding, “I know. It was my fault though.” She whispered back. He was going to ask what she meant but she had already closed her eyes. She was just too tired although their talk was a short one. Sungjong slowly and softly placed her hands on her sides and went out from the room. He wanted to kiss her but something prevented him from doing so, it was the guilty feeling that killed him so much.

At the night when he visited again, he saw everybody was there. Even he could see her closest friends there and some of her ex-boyfriends were standing there. He was burnt in jealousy when he saw them but he quickly kicked the thought out as he proudly walked into the room. She was still closing her eyes, her breath was steady and she did look peaceful.

“What are you guys doing here?” He quietly asked. All of their eyes were set on him as if he had gone crazy by asking the question. Suddenly, she opened her eyes and started looking around. Her smile was so wide that he thought she had used almost all of her energy to do it. “Thank you.” She whispered when she had looked around. He could see that almost all of people in the room were preventing themselves from crying.

She then caught his figure and smiled, “I love you, Sungjong.” She whispered and then closed her eyes again with her smile was still on. That was when her mother burst into the room and started sobbing beside her. Clueless, he asked one of her friends, “Why is her umma crying?” With a disbelief look, the girl answered, “Because tonight she is gonna die. That’s why you jerk! You don’t even know about her until her death eh?!”

His jaw dropped when he heard it. He felt dizzy and when he watched her and her mother, he slowly noticed that the life machines were all getting slower before suddenly stopped. Tears, sobs and sniffs were soon heard in the room. And all he could do was dumfounded. He walked toward the hospital bed where her figure was resting and he slowly touched her skin. Her skin was cold and super pale now as her eyes closed tightly with her lips were still forming a smile.

She looked so beautiful even in the death. He rubbed her cheeks lovingly and started crying with the others. He could sense that his heart already broken when he realized the fact that she had gone forever. Now he wouldn’t able to see her beautiful creature anymore. Now no one would cheer him up whenever he was upset or sad. He had lost her.

Stepped out from the room, Sungjong went to the roof of the hospital. He looked around of the city and he felt small. He looked at the night sky and he was a bit surprised when he saw her life figure coming to him. She was flying a few meters in the air alone, she looked sad. She looked sad although she had the beautiful smile on her face. She looked at him with a pleading look and that was it. He lost his mind as he climbed to the edge of the roof and walked to her. No, his brain shouted loudly to him, he wasn’t walking to her, he was falling to the ground with her figure following him to fall to the ground.

He felt pain all over his body and he could feel that his eyes started blurry but he was able to catch her smiling face before he closed his eyes.

Sungjong blinked in confuse as he had stood beside his dead body. “We’re together again,” Her sweet voice shocked him but also made him happy. He grinned as he took her hands and started walking to the sky. “I promise you that I will be your only love in the next life.” He whispered lovingly. Hyosung only nodded, her hands still felt cold in Sungjong’s grip but he didn’t give a care.

People under them were busy moving Sungjong’s dead body to the hospital while Hyosung’s was still freezing in the hospital room. That day, another couple sent to heaven because their fate in the earth wasn’t good enough. Because when they were in the earth, they couldn’t catch their chances to be the fated love they should be. God loved them more than people around them so He took them to his side. To let them having some of their times before He sent them to the earth again for another chance, in their next life.