Forever and Always: FINAL!!!!!

Forever and Always: Key's Birthday Present

 

It's Key's birthday in a couple days and everyone's given him a present except Jonghyun, the one person who matters the most. Key's upset about it but he lets it go considering it's not his birthday yet. But his saddness continues  when Jonhyun suddenly distances himself from the soon-to-be 22 year old. Key begins to wonder what the dinos deal is; why is he avoiding the rapper all of a sudden. 
The big day has finally arrived and the birthday boy wakes up with a smile on his face and a thought, 'Yay! Today is my birthday; the day I've been waiting for for awhile. I wonder what Jjong got me.' He happily got out of bed and went to Jonghyun's room. He knocked on the door, hoping for a response. When he didn't recieve one, he slowly opened the door.
"Jjong? You awake?" Key said upon enetering the dinos room. The bed was empty and worse, it was made. Jonghyun only makes his bed if he knows that he's gonna be out all day. Key slowly walked to the bed, tears threatening to fall with every step. When he got to the bed, he sat down and slid his hands over the covers trying to feel where Jjong once was.
He sniffled as tears began to fall, 'Where is he?' The younger thought and at that moment, the three remaining members entered the room carrying a cake wit a "22" lit candle on top. Key looked over at their smiling faces, as they entered, with a tearful smile.
"Happy Birthday, Key!"
Key got up and walked over to them, smiling.
"Kamsahamnida." He said once he got to them.
"Come on, umma, make a wish." Taemin happily said. Key knew exactly what to wish for: Jonghyun. He wanted the dino here, in his arms where they could stay forever. He blew out the candles and the others cheered. Minho and Taemin took the cake, with them, into the kitchen to cut it up.
Onew and Key stayed in the room cause the leader was sensing some saddness with the birthday boy.
"Key, is everthing alright?" Onew asked, seeing Keys continuing sad face. Key looked down.
"Onew-hyung, do you know where Jjong is?"
"Jonghyun? Oh, he left this morning." Onew said, causing Key to raise his head at his hyungs words.
"Left? W-Where did he go?"
"I don't know. He said that he was going out with some friends." Onew said, truthfully.
"He went to hang out with friends? On my birthday? Why would he do that?"
"I don't know but don't worry, he'll be back later." Onew said with a smile, patting Keys shoulder.
"Later? How later?"
" Later, Key. He'll be back later. That's all I can tell you." Onew stated before exiting the room. Key continued to be devastated as his day wasn't getting any better. 'Jonghyun...why would you do this to me? Do you hate me? Do you not care about me anymore?' Key thought in silence.
"UMMA!!"
Taemins voice brought the rapper out of his thoughts and he exited the room and entered the kitchen where the other members were. Taemin looked up at his "umma" and smiled.
"Umma, here's your piece." Key grabbed the plate from Taemins nimble fingers, thanking the maknae with a sad smile. Minho got his piece and sat on the couch, watching tv. Taemin also got his piece and joined the frog. That left Onew and Key, alone in the kitchen. They sat at the kitchen table and enjoyed their cake in silence. Everyone finished at their own pace and cleaned up after themselves. Once Key finished, he sadly walked to his room, closed the door and plopped on his bed. Minho noticed Keys unusual state and questioned Onew.
"Onew-hyung, what's wrong with Key-hyung?"
"Yeah. Shouldnt he be happy on his birthday?" Taemin asked, joining the other two in the kitchen. Onew looked from Minho to Taemin with a serious face. He sighed and replied,
"Key is just tired. We've all been working hard lately and we finally have a day to rest. Just...let him alone..."
"Hyung...is it because Jonghyun-hyung's not here?" Taemin asked, knowing Keys love for the dino. Onew didn't know what to say so he just nodded his head. Taemin felt sorry for the birthday boy and wanted to comfort him. 
He stepped towards the bedrooms but was stopped by Minhos grasp on his wrist. Taemin looked up at Minho with questionable eyes and Minho turned to him.
"Let him alone, Taemin. He'll feel better in a little while."
"Not if Jonghyun doesn't come home." Onew stated, seriously, with his arms crossed.
"Hyung? You don't think he'd actually stay out all day and miss Keys birthday, do you?" Minho asked, hoping for a straight answer. They all knew that Key liked Jonghyun except the dino himself and they always wondered if the lead singer felt something for the rapper. Today would be a perfect time to find out.
"I don't think Jonghyun would do that to Key, whether he likes him more than a friend or not. They're still best friends." Onews words of wisdom were put into place and hopefully they'll have a better outcome.
For the next few hours, Key stayed in his room with misery in his eyes. Jonghyun had to pick today of all days to hang out with his friends. Sure, it's the first time they've had a break in awhile so it makes sense but it doesn't make sense that Jonghyun has barely spoken a word to Key for the past few days. The least he could do is call or text Key "Happy Birthday" to show that he cares but it's 7 o'clock in the afternoon and still nothing. 'Some friend you are, Jonghyun.' Key thought in the lonely depths of his darkening room. A few more minutes went by until...the front door opened. 
Minho and Taemin, who were playing a game in the living room, looked up at the sound of the door opening. Jonghyun came in with a couple shopping bags and a smirk on his face. Minho and Taemin got up and walked towards the dino as he closed the door.
"Where have you been, Jonghyun-hyung? We've been worried sick." Minho yelled at his hyung with his arms crossed. Taemin looked at Minho then looked at Jonghyun with a nod and mimicked the main rappers crossed arms. Jonghyun kept his big smile on as he answered,
"I was out shopping with some friends and I got you guys something." He then walked over to the table and placed the bags on top of it. The others joined their hyung by the table, still with crossed arms. Jonghyun reached in one of the bags and pulled out a little paper bag and handed it to Taemin. Taemin looked at it then opened it. His excitement grew as he pulled out a box filled with 6 banana milk cartons. He'd be set for, like, a couple hours (xD). He went over to Jonghyun and gave him a big hug, complete with jumping and screaming. Jonghyun and Minho smiled at the maknaes excitement.
After the hug, the dancer walked over to the couch to enjoy his precious banana milk. Jonghyun reached in the same bag and pulled out a brand new soccer ball. Minho's excitement wasn't as jumpy and loud as Taemins was but he was still happy. Jonghyun handed Minho the ball with a smile,
" I owed you a soccer ball since I had lost the other one so here you go." Minho looked at the ball then up at Jonghyun with a smile,
"Thanks, hyung." Jonghyun nodded and kept his smile as Minho joined the maknae on the couch.
"What's going on in here?" 
Onew entered the living room and spotted Jonghyun. The leader was not happy with the dino but kept his composture as he approached Jonghyun.
"Jonghyun, do you realize what time it is? You've missed most of Ke-"
"Hold that thought, hyung. I got you something." Jonghyun interrupted with his finger up, signaling "one second". He reached into another bag and pulled out the one thing that is precious to the leader: Chicken. Onews eyes widened and he screamed out at the site,
"CHICKEN!!!!" He then grabbed the chicken and devoured the food in no time flat. 'Man...he can really eat his chicken fast. It's a wonder how he doesn't gain weight.' Jonghyun thought at the site of his hyung devouring the greasy food. His dongsaengs were quite happy with their gifts and Jonghyun was very pleased at that. 
Just then, Ket came into the living room and looked at the two on the couch then his leader, who was sitting on the floor and finally at Jonghyun. His eyes saddened at the site while Jonghyun smiled at his bandmate.
"Hey, it's the birthday boy! Happy Birthday, Key!" The lead singer went in for a hug but was pushed away by the diva. Jonghyun questioned him with confusion swimming around in his puppy eyes.
"Key? What's wrong?" Key had his head down and then he looked up at his "friend" with tears in his feline eyes and tearfully yelled,
"How could you, Jonghyun?! How could you leave and go hang out with your friends on my birthday?! My birthday! You never even texted or called me to say "happy birthday! You've been avoiding me for the past few days! Why would you do that to me?! Do you know how much I've been hurting, waiting for you?! A lot, Jonghyun! A lot! And now you come home after awhile and expect me to let you hug me like nothing's wrong?!"
Key was practically balling at the end, while the others watched in suspense as the younger yelled at the one he once loved. Jonghyuns eyes teared up at the site of his secret crush. 
"Key...I never meant to hurt you."
"Yeah right." Key scoffed, tearfully with his arms crossed.
"No. Really Key. I didn't think that I could hurt you. If I knew that, I wouldn't have done what I did. But I did it cause I love you, Key." The others gasped and Key lowered his arms with a slightly shocked face and tearfilled eyes.
"Y-You do?"
"Yeah. I do, Key. Truth is, I've been avoiding you cause I didn't have a present for you and I didn't want you to get upset with me. But this morning, I woke up with a thought of the perfect present for you. It's not something you can buy, in fact it's not something you can find in a store. It's something that I know you will cherish for the rest of your life...me. My love. My everything, I'm yours."
Key started to cry tears of joy at his hyungs words and the others huddled together on the couch and "awed" the "JongKey" moment that panned out right before their eyes. Jonghyun walked closer to Key with a sweet smile as Key cried with his head hung low. Jonghyun grabbed the youngers chin to make him look up; feline meeting puppy eyes.
"Key, I've loved you since the first day I laid my eyes on you, I just didn't have the courage to tell you until now." Jonghyun let go of Keys chin and continued to smile at the diva. He then wiped Keys happy tears away with his thumbs then he grabbed the youngers face and kissed him. Key kissed him back with equal force and his sadness faded away, immediately. The others were shocked but they knew that this was bound to happen sooner or later. Thankfully, it was sooner than later. 
Key pulled out of the hug with a diva-ish expression but held onto Jonghyuns arms.
"Wait...so that's all you got me for my birthday? What's in the bags?" Jonghyun turned to the remaining bags on the table then turned back to Key with a smirk.
"Well, I stopped at that favorite store of yours and, uh, picked up some items for us to test out later." Key knew exactly what place Jonghyun was talking about and couldn't help but smirk at his hyung.
"Why wait? My birthday goes on for another 4 hours. We could test ALL of the items out, Jjong." Key emphasized the word "all" as his excitement rose at his own words and his hands wandered his hyungs, unfortunately, clothed body. When he said "Jjong", his hand grabbed the lead singers crouch and it caused a slight moan to escape the dinos mouth plus his eyes were half-opened and his head was thrown back slightly at the touch. He then regained most of his sanity and looked at his playful kitty.
"Key, I will ravish you if you keep doing that. I'm not afraid to take you right here." 
"Oh happy birthday to me!"
Just then, Jonghyun grabbed the bags, grabbed Keys hand and then ran to his room, closing the door behind them. The other three were still on the couch and now "beyond shocked" is written all over their faces.
"Did they just...?"
"Yep."
"Were there...?"
"Yep."
"So now they're...?"
"Oh yeah."
Taemin and Onews conversation was filled with shock as they continued to sit on the couch in silence. The silence was, unfortunately for them, broken by loud moans coming from a certain room down the hall and their eyes shot towards that direction.
"Anyone up for pizza?"
"Sure."
"I'm in."
They quickly got up and walked towards the door and out. 
"Can we get chicken on the way? I'm kinda out..." Onew said, holding up an empty KFC bucket. Minho and Taemin chuckled at their cute leader as they walked outside the building, well away from the sinful boys that, currently, occupy their dorm. Key, as well as Jonghyun, were happy that they are finally together.
One thing's for sure...this is the best birthday present that Key's ever gotten and he'd be sure to take good care of it seeing as Jonghyun now belonged to him.
 
 
Forever and Always
 
 
 
 
 
A/N Well, here it is. *sighs* I really hope you all enjoyed it cause I had so much fun writing this. Btw, if there are any mistakes, I'm really really sorry...not big on typing. Anyways!!!!! 
 
Annyeong and saranghae!!!! (I think I spelled those right...I hope xD)
 
<3