The Ghastly Shop Owner

Dolls

 

Chapter One: The Ghastly shop owner


 

He was the finest doll maker anyone could find in the city of London. He carefully laid out the facial feature of the doll he currently made. He inserted a white eye balls with green irises into two holes in the face.

 

The doll maker painted the lips not too red and planted artificial eyebrows on the doll. The hair was not done yet. He needed to find a suitable one. ‘Will he look better in long or short hair?’ thought the doll maker as he adjusted the doll with two hairs on his hands.

 

Tomorrow would be the day he would hand over the doll named Sehun to its owner but he hadn’t finished it yet. Kris put a long hair on the doll’s head and it looked wonderful. He had seen many men who had long hair before and he thought that the hair was the weapon that made them more appealing than before.

 

And he was going to use that weapon on his new doll. He glued the long black wig on Sehun’s head. And the head part was already finished. He attached the head to its body. And there was one last thing he needed to do before the doll was fully completed and ready to be sent to the owner.

 

“Now it’s time for dressing him up” said Kris as he put the doll on the armchair. The doll looked wonderful except for the fact that the doll was still . He really looked like a human being. Kris also made the doll had the same height as his.

 

So finding the clothes for him was a simple task for him and he didn’t need to bring along the doll to the Boutique’s. The famous shop for making the finest dress and suit.

 

AT THE BOUTIQUE’S, Evening

 

Kris was searching for the suitable clothes for his doll. None of it attracted his eyes. ‘Red or blue colour will suit him the best’ thought Kris.

 

It was then he found a red suit along with its cloak. A complete set of suit. The clothes made him had an idea to make another adjustment to the doll.

 

AT HOME, Night

 

“Since he is a partner of Alice, I should make him look like a MAD HATTER” he said as he painted some designs on Sehun’s face. It had three small clover designs near its left eye.  After he did that, he dressed Sehun in a suit he bought that evening.

 

Just like he imagined, Sehun did look great in red suit and his long hair did make his face looked much more appealing than it was before. And Kris put a long red hat on Sehun. He felt proud as he made another great doll with his bare hands. He laid Sehun down in a rectangular and transparent glass which looked like a coffin while the actual fact, it wasn’t.

 

‘Sehun, you are a mad hatter and it is your job to be with Alice’ said Kris as he closed the lid.

 

Sehun, the mad hatter, looked as if a human who was sleeping in that coffin. Kris was in a very deep thought when he finally realised something. The doll. The mad hatter supposed to be Alice’s husband but he had no ring on his finger.

 

“I forgot to buy the ring” said Kris as he ran to accessories shop very quickly.

 

The usual shop he went to was closed and he had nowhere to go.

 

‘It’s closed. Where should I go?’ said Kris. Kris was a very compassionate doll maker. He could make no mistake when he made his dolls for his loves to his dolls were greater and bigger than anyone else.

 

He ran from one street to the other street. And then after hours of searching, he found one strange and odd shop and decided to find his luck there.

 

“PARK’s ODD Shop” Kris read the name of the shop and it made one of his eyebrow raised slightly higher.

 

He had never heard that name before. And he was even confused how a shop would still be opened at 12.00 midnight. Usually any other shops except for bars and brothels would close at this time of hour.

 

Kris gulped nervously. ‘Good night, thank you for coming to my shop’ said the owner of the shop loudly startling Kris as Kris opened the door slowly.

 

Kris’s heart was beating really fast. Kris thought he would die when he heard the deep voice welcoming him there.

 

‘What can I do for you, Sir Kris?’ said the man. He was tall as Kris and his hair were curly brownish which made his face look appealing to Kris’s eyes. Kris needed to remember how his face looked like. Kris might use it as his doll’s facial feature reference. 

 

‘I want to buy a pair of rings, please’ said Kris politely as he scanned the shop thoroughly. It was really indeed an odd shop. Many odd things were sold here. There were swords, skulls, accessories, wigs and any other unexplainable stuff.

 

‘For your wife, Sir?’ asked that man as he put a tray of rings on the table.

 

‘Umm..yes..For my wife’ lied Kris. He was already divorced and had a son with her and he actually wanted the ring for Alice not for his ex-wife. And everyone knew that. Maybe this person didn’t know who he was.

 

‘I recommend these rings for you, Sir. Shards of love. They are made of lapis lazuli stone and are rare nowadays’ said the man as he took a box of rings out of the tray. Both rings looked amazing and its green stone was great to look at.

 

‘Shards of love? Why is it called like that?’ asked Kris as he wore one of the rings. It fit his finger pretty well and it looked great on it.

 

‘For love to be eternal of course’ said the owner as he took out another box of rings. It revealed a pair of blue azure rings.

 

‘Since it’s a promotion day, here comes as a free gift” said that man. Kris took the box and his eyes were shining brightly. “What this is called?’ asked Kris as he took out the green ring out of his finger and placed it back inside the box.

 

‘They are called the shards of hope’ said the brown haired man. The doll maker was in awe.

 

“Why is it like that?” asked Kris as he wanted to wear the ring. “A hope to live” that words made Kris stop to look at him.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I don’t know. But I think it’s not the right time for you to wear that ring” he said as a smile formed on his face. It was the creepiest smile he had ever seen.

 

“No, I’m not going to wear it now. It’s for my doll” said Kris. The shop owner stood up and Kris asked how much he should pay for two sets of the rings.

 

‘It’s only 200 pounds” said the owner. ‘It’s too cheap for real diamond ring’s price’ retorted Kris.

 

“What can I say? This is an Odd Shop” told the owner of the shop.

 

“Come back any time you please, Sir Kris. The name is Chanyeol” he added as Kris went out from the shop.

 

“Your welcome” said Kris and then stopped on his track when he was already outside of the shop. He felt a sudden creep crept inside his spine.

 

‘How do you know my name?’ said Kris as he ly to see a wall behind him. No sign of the shop.

 

“I must be dreaming” said Kris nervously. His hands were all sweaty and he reached for his napkin inside the pocket of his coat. He felt two small boxes inside his coat.

 

He gulped nervously. They were the boxes of the rings. But the shop wasn’t there. Was it possible that the person he met at the shop was a ghost? How about the shop? Was it supposed to be a ghastly shop that only appeared in midnight?

 

Kris didn’t want to think any of it. He was frightened and he just ran as fast as he could to his house and he wasn’t looking his back. He was afraid that a ghost might after him if he did that. He tried to not think about the ghastly shop owner or any other dark creatures like vampires and werewolves.

 

Not long after that, the ghastly shop owner appeared from the brick wall, smiling wickedly.

 

“Til we met again, Alice’s master” Chanyeol said and then he disappeared into the mist with a wide smile on his face.

 

A/N: Hello, everyone…How was it for the first chapter?? I wanted to make a story based on Alice in Wonderland’s characters…What do you think of Sehun as a Mad hatter??Isn’t he great and wonderful??? Comments are needed…