Birthdayboy

Kyuhyuns birthday oneshot.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun was sleeping soundly in his warm bed. His body was wrapped up in the soft covers and his head was snuggled into his goose-down pillow. Every now and then soft content sighs would slip past his slightly parted lips and whatever dream he was dreaming it seemed to be a good one.
Sungmin decided he looked desperately cute, and fished his phone out from his jeanspocket before snapping a shot of the innocently sleeping man. He smiled to himself before setting it as his background picture. If nothing else he would be able to keep it as teasing material.

Putting the phone away again, Sungmin kept eyeing the other for some time, thinking of the best way to wake him up, not really wanting to disturb the clearly escalating pleasurable dream but knowing that if he didn’t they would be late for their schedule. He was going through the pros and cons of the different ways to wake someone up. The nice way would be to gently shake the younger by the shoulder, but honestly that was no fun at all. Plus, it was kyuhyuns birthday… he should be woken up in a special way.

 

Sungmin tried to stifle his giggles as he slowly crept up onto the bed, letting his legs straddle the sleeping body and leaning forward onto his hands that where placed on either side of the pillow. It felt a bit weird to be this close to the birthday boy when he was clearly getting into a very exciting part of his dream. Soft moans were now escaping his lips and his brows where furrowing in satisfaction. Both men had shared a room for years and it wasn’t the first time either of them had been in this position before, it was difficult to control what you dreamt of, even if there was someone else in the next bed. But they had never been this intimate during. That would have just been wrong in so many ways and thinking about it Sungmin couldn’t say why he was in the position he was right now. He brushed it off as missing the man. He was happy that he could have his own space for a while, but he had grown accustom to Kyuhyuns steady breaths next to him. But now Kyuhyun had his own room and with no light coming from his laptop coupled by the lack of tapping of the keyboard somehow it had made it more difficult for Sungmin to sleep at night.
 

“Kyuhyun?” Sungmin was leaning down whispering into his ear and the boy stirred as the warm breath hit his face.
“Kyu”… he softly crooned, “whatever you are about will have to wait. Time to get up.”

Somehow registering through his pleasurable sleepy haze that someone was on top of him, Kyuhyun groaned and to his back to try and push the unknown form away. He wanted to get back to dreaming.
Sungmin didn’t flinch though, he just lent closer until his face was just millimetres apart from the others, the tips of their noses almost touching. This was when Kyhyun decided to properly wake up and open his eyes.

To say that he was startled would be an understatement. In 2 seconds he had let out a high pitched not so manly shriek and flung Sungmin off him sending him flying straight into the wall.
“ SUNGMIN! Don’t ever do that again!” He was sitting up now, gasping to try and catch his breath while glaring at the curled up man next to him. It was clear from the way Sungmin was cradling his head that he had slammed face first into the wall. Kyuhyun almost felt bad about it, but not really.
He flopped back onto his bed, his heartbeat having slowed down as the shock subsided but adrenalin was still coursing through his veins leaving him feeling annoyingly awake. The person to blame was now half sitting half laying next to him, rubbing his forehead while complaining loudly about the meanness of some people. He was just waking him up, there was no reason to get all physical about it.

Kyuhyun wasn’t really listening, he was busy stretching his limbs, extending his arms over his head and arching his back to get some flexibility back into his joints. Even though Sungmin had scared the hell out of him he couldn’t deny the effectiveness of this tactic. Normally it took him forever and about three full glasses of some sugary beverage to really wake up. The men both fell into a comfortable silence, Kyuhyun trying to remember his dream that had been thoroughly chased away, and Sungmin lost in thoughts about the abs that seemed to have grown on his friend overnight. At least that was what he could see from where Kyuhyuns top had ridden up when he stretched. He decided to voice his thoughts out loud, knowing that the other wouldn’t mind.

“When did you get abs?” he turned to lie on his side so he could better see the other.

Kyuhyun settled for tilting his head towards the other, giving him a small offended look.

“I’ve had these like forever, are you really not noticing until now?” he said while pulling his top up far enough to show off his s in the process.
Sungmin couldn’t help himself as he trailed on finger down the long pale scar that adorned his friends’ torso making him squirm as it tickled his skin.

Abs where definitely there, even though Sungmin had a sneaky feeling that they showed mostly due to the fact that Kyuhyun was lying down which always made your tummy slimmer.
“They must have been hidden like Ryewooks used to be then, although I would say they’re still half tucked away under your babyfat.”
His statement earned him a kick in the shin and an affronted “Hmph!” from Kyuhyun as the latter swung his lower body out of the bed and raised himself into a standing position.
“I’m 24 years old Sungmin, I’m not a child and there is no babyfat anywhere on this body.” He was giving Sungmin a fierce look while gesturing towards his own figure. “If anything I would say that you’re the one with a little too much roundness… Babycheeks!”

Sungmin let the comment slide and just gave Kyuhyun a warm smile before jumping out of bed to stand in front of the other.


“25!” he said.


“Huh!?” Kyuhyun wasn’t following.


“You’re 25! It’s your birthday today, or did you forget?” Sungmin quickly lent in to place a soft kiss on the others cheek. “Happy birthday Kyu.” His voice warm with affection.
“Now get you almost nonexistent abs into the shower and get ready because otherwise you’ll be late for schedule!”
Sungmin was out the door before Kyuhyun managed to retaliate. 

 

 


 

 

The schedule had gone as schedules usually goes and Kyuhyun had been on top of the game. He had been acting like his spoiled self all day long and since it was his birthday the members hadn’t even complained. At least not to his face. He had been getting presents all day, from members, staff and fans and he was currently loading them all onto the rest of superjunior to force them to carry it up to the dorms. Heechul had texted him earlier saying that he and some of the other chocoballs were waiting with wine, and Kyuhyun was in a hurry to get him some. He was almost pushing poor Ryewook ahead of him, making the thin man stumble under the weight of the box he was carrying. Finally the doors to the elevator opened at his floor, and following the loud music coming from the livingroom, Kyuhyun made his way to his birthday party.

 

It wasn’t until later that night, when everyone was comfortably buzzed, Heechul was screeching some karaoke song together with Hongki, and Kangin was laughing about something together with a shirtless Siwon that Kyuhyun realized that the only person who hadn’t given him a present yet was his ex-roommate. This was very weird indeed seeing as he usually was the first one to do so. He had just decided to go ask the man about it when Donghae and Hyukjae caught him off guard with presenting him a huge cake that most likely Ryewook had made. He knew where this was going and had hoped to avoid the cake in the face scene at least this year. It was funny the first couple of times but honestly who wanted to eat the cake after someone had rubbed their face in it. And Kyuhyun really really wanted to eat the delicious looking chocolate cake. As the singing of the birthday song died down he sent the cake one last longing glance before closing his eyes in defeat. The cake hit his face full on and he tried to hold his breath so that he wouldn’t accidentally inhale it through his nose like he had done one year.
The cheers where deafening to say the least with the additional Superjunior-M members, chocoballs and a few other close friends crowding around him. He tried his best to dig the cake out from his eyes so that he could look around and spy a victim. And as luck would have it Sungmin was standing right besides him. His friend didn’t even have a chance to dodge the handful of cake that Kyuhyun threw at him, and pretty soon the food fight got out of control.

Five minutes later a handful of them had relocated to one of the larger bathrooms and Kyuhyun was bent over the sink while Donghae was trying to wash cake out from his hair. Hyukjae was standing close by filming the entire thing with his phone and he made sure to zoom out and catch Sungmin in the frame too. The man was sitting on the floor, lent against the shower cabin while liking chocolate frosting off his fingers.
They were all laughing and even though the cake had totally ruined his makeup, Kyuhyun had a big grin on his face and he felt as though this was one of the best birthdays ever. Donghae had managed to get his hair as clean as he could in his slightly intoxicated state, and he threw a towel at the younger man before dropping down onto the floor next to Sungmin.


Kyuhyun watched him as he moved. Donghae was absolutely one of his favourite Hyungs and he would be lying to himself if he said that he didn’t have a slight crush on him. But then again, who didn’t. It was Donghae! He wiped his face and dried his hair a little with the soft towel, and then he planted his hands on the counter next to the sink to hoist himself up to sit on it. He like sitting high up, he had no idea why but counters where so much more fun to sit on then chairs. He kicked his legs a little in the air, feeling happy and content and for the next half hour, the men where spread out in the bathroom talking about anything and everything.

After a while more people found them and joined in and Kyuhyun relished in the feeling of having all his favourite people gathered in such a strange place like the bathroom, in the middle of the night knowing that they were all there for him. Right around the time that Siwon joined and started hugging the life out of him, he almost, but only almost, felt tears of joy form in the corners of his eyes. But then Heechul stuck his head inside informing them all that the booze was running low and everyone shoot out of the now very crowded space to try and sneak in one more drink before calling it a night.


In the end Sungmin was the only one who stayed and Kyuhyun watched him for a while, wondering if he too wasn’t going to get a last shot in.
“If you don’t hurry the booze will run out before you get out there.” he informed his friend.
“Aren’t you going to go out there then? It’s your birthday.” Sungmin was slowly rising from his position on the floor, winching slightly as his legs had grown numb from sitting on the hard tile floor.
“Na…I’m getting tired actually, I think I’m going head off to bed and let the others drink themselves into oblivion.” Kyhyun just managed to get the final word out before a huge yawn took hold of him. He scrunched up his eyes and shook his head slightly as to chase off the sleep that was trying to claim him. When he opened his eyes again Sungmin was right in front of him, moving to position himself in between Kyuhyuns legs and wrapping his arms around his body to lock behind his back.

“Wow you really are getting old.”

Kyuhyun just huffed at that. He didn’t think much off they way their pose might look from the outside, Sungmin was always a cuddly drunk and they had been in worse positions than this over the years. Leaning forward slightly Kyuhyun rested his head on his friends strong shoulder and let his own arms slide around his torso to hug him back. They stayed that way for some time before Sungmin broke the silence.
 

“Happy birthday.”
 

Kyuhyun tightened his hug a little. “Thanks. I had a really great time today.”
He enjoyed the closeness of his hyung. Sungmins embrace had always been more powerful then say, Donghaes, and he could never decide which one he liked the most. He definitely liked Donghae face and the most though and the drunken thought almost made him giggle. But Sungmin… the man always made him feel protected and taken care off. He liked that the members where all different from one another. It made life in the dorms much more worth his time.
“Hey,” he said after some time. “You still haven’t given me my present.” He tried his best not to sound all whiny but he knew he had failed as Sungmin lent back with a big grin on his face.

“Stop pouting at me. I honestly didn’t know what to get you. You already have everything.”

“What!? So you didn’t get me anything?” this time kyuhyun definitely heard himself whining.

“I didn’t say that.” Sungmin said with a sneaky look on his face. “I got you two things actually.”

Kyuhyun felt his face light up immediately. “Oh, give me give me!”

Sungmin just laughed at him before unwrapping his arms from Kyuhyun and instead holding out a hand to the younger.
“Come on then, they’re in my room.” 

 

 


 

 

Kyuhyun was reading the label on the wine bottle in his hands. He held it in a firm grip, knowing just how pricy the brand was and how much trouble Sungmin must have gone through to ship it all the way from France. It was true he did already have everything but he could never have too much wine and he was very thankful for the gift. On the inside he was practically squealing as he read about all the flavours contained in the dark bottle. This one was definitely worth saving for a special occasion, and he told Sungmin just that.

It seemed that the older didn’t like the idea.


“Aaaww, come on Kyuhyun.” He pouted. “Let’s open it now, it’s your birthday, what occasion could be more special than that?”


Ignoring his friend, Kyuhyun carefully placed the bottle on Sungmins desk to keep it safe until he could hide it away in his own room.


“Na! I don’t want to waste it. What if an even more special occasion comes along and I have already drunk it?”


Sungmin just gave him a blank stare which Kyuhyun completely ignored. He wanted to know what else he was getting.


“You said you had two presents. Where’s the other one.” His voice was filled with the excitement he couldn’t hide, and Sungmin felt his pout fade away by the sound of it.


“The other one is in the top drawer of the desk. Get it yourself.”  He watched as Kyuhyun spun around and bumped into the desk behind him, almost knocking over the bottle of wine in the process. Sungmin was getting comfortable on his bed when Kyuhyun opened the desk drawer and this time the younger couldn’t contain his squeal.
Sungmin swore he could see stars in the others eyes as he turned around cradling another bottle of wine, identical to the first one, in his arms.

“You got me two! I freaking love you!” it might have been the previous alcohol talking but by god Kyuhyun meant it.

 

“Well I knew you weren’t going to share if I only got you one and I want to try it, so I ordered two.” Sungmin sounded extremely proud of himself for beating the maknae in his own game.

“Now open it up so we can drink it!”

 

He lay down on his stomach, watching the young man before him expertly open the bottle with the corkscrew that Sungmin had conveniently placed with it in the drawer along with two glasses. He closed his eyes, simply enjoying the time he spent with the other. Maybe he should ask him to stay over in his room tonight. He could make the younger sleep on the floor next to his bed like old times. He was sniggering at the thought as he felt the bed dip under Kyhyuns weight and he opened his eyes to look at the man. He sat up to take the full glass of wine that the other was offering him, and declined to answer why he had been laughing his off into the covers. 

 

 


 

 

Kyuhyun was sitting on the floor with his back against the bed. The owner of the bed was laying on top of it with his head dangling off the edge right next to Kyuhyuns shoulder. Kyuhyun was slowly sipping his wine, twirling it around in his mouth before swallowing the fruity substance. It tasted like heaven and he was extremely pleased about the gift. He was already on his third glass and Sungmin had finished his long ago. The older man was really drunk and seemed to find his upside down world incredibly funny as he kept laughing into Kyuhyuns ear. Kyuhyun didn’t mind. The wine had spread a familiar warm fuzzy feeling in his body, and along with the alcohol he had consumed before, as well as the happiness from the day, it made him feel completely at peace. He even felt himself leaning closer to his hyung. That was until Sungmin suddenly shot up and only just avoiding to smack his head into Kyuhyuns chin in the process.
“Oh! I almost forgot. I have something else for you.”
Watching a drunk Sungmin trying to walk towards his closet but swaying so much that he gave up and proceeded to crawl there instead, was great fun for Kyuhyun who stayed put in his position on the floor.

Somehow after a lot of rummaging around in the very back of the closet, with only his sticking out, Sungmin managed to find what he was looking for and crawled back to his friend with the present in one hand.
It was a flat object, around the same size as a standard paper, and it was wrapped in pink paper with balloons on it.

“What is it?” he asked his voice a bit coarse from the alcohol he had consumed.
 

“Open it and see.” Sungmin singsang as he placed himself next to his friend. “Quickly!”
Sungmin seemed awfully exited about it and Kyuhyun briefly wondered why. When he started ripping open the paper, Sungmin couldn’t contain his giggles anymore and he lent forward to get a good look of his friends face. When he saw the confusion, followed by the slight pinkish hue on Kyuhyuns cheeks, he tumbled down ungraciously onto the floor and started to laugh really loud.

“YA! Why did you give me this?” Kyuhyun stared at the framed image before him. It looked like it had been printed out and he could only imagine the questionable parts of the internet that Sungmin must have looked through to get his hands on that picture.

It was drawn like almost like a comic strip, and the first thing that caught his eye was the one image of himself leaning over a topless Sungmin, their faces close together. Then they trailed over to the next frame and the naughty words he read made him choke on absolutely nothing. But as he actually scanned over the entire thing, he couldn’t help but laugh. He knew somewhere under his alcohol haze that Sungmin had just given him the drawing to be funny. It wasn’t like he had never seen fanart of the two before. After all the Kyumin couple was one of the most popular couples in SJ. He liked to think it was mostly due to him and his looks.

“You’re an .” he said as soon as he had managed to stop laughing.
 

Sungmin on the other hand didn’t look like he would stop soon.
“I’m sorry….” He broke of into more giggles “You should have seen the look on your face!”
He made a very accurate mimic of the way Kyuhyun had looked and before he knew it Kyuhyun was once again rolling around on the floor with his friend lost in his own laughter. 

 

 


 

 

It was much later, as the laughter had died down, the wine had all been drunk and both men had settled in Sungmins bed, that Kyuhyun let out comfortable sigh. He was curled up close to the other, so that they would both fit on the bed made for a single person, and he was close to falling asleep. It was late and he knew for a fact that his birthday had been over for a good couple of hours now. Sungmin had one of his arms flung over the other waist and Kyuhyun could tell the man was as close to sleeping as he was.
All in all it had been a great birthday, in fact he could still hear some of his friends going at it in the living room and he chuckled at them before snuggling closer into Sungmins chest.
Yes, he thought to himself, Sungmins hugs were definitely better then Donghaes.
 

“Did you have a nice birthday Kyu?” the older asked him in a sleepy voice.

 

“It was awesome!” he answered in an equally tired tone.
 

Right before sleep overtook him, he felt Sungmin stir and seconds later soft lips were pressed onto his own. They lingered for some time, long enough for Kyuhyun to actually kiss them back but not long enough for him to want to wake up properly. When Sungmin pulled away Kyuhyun opened his eyes slightly. The room was dark and he couldn’t see his friends face, so he settled for slowly reaching out a hand and running it along the others upper arm in soft motions and within a minute they had both drifted off to sleep.
 

Tomorrow Sungmin wouldn’t be able to say exactly why he had kissed the other. It had just seemed like the perfect thing to do at the time. And tomorrow Kyuhyun wouldn’t be able to say why at that very moment he had never felt more like he was right were he was supposed to be. 

 

But Kyuhyun felt, as he fell into a deep slumber, that as brilliant as his birthday had been, the next day seemed to promise it would be even better. 

 

 


 

 

Inspired by this piece http://mizukibbworld.livejournal.com/21778.html by Iza. ^^

I hope it's ok with her to link it. =P