Insecurity

Insecurity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I will use Chinese names for the characters since they live in China. Qian stands for Victoria and Yiru stands for Calvin. Hope you enjoyr reading :)

Yiru made a call this noon to inform Qian that he would come home late because his company held a party tonight. Thus, here she was, sitting alone and having early dinner. The whole house was boringly quiet and only her sigh filled the atmosphere.  "He must have fun right now" she mumbled while washing the dishes. As a housewife she is, she didn't hang out with her friends with since they were all busy. She only go out when she needs to go to the market to buy ingredient  and clothes but most of the time, she did it alone. It's not that her husband cares less about her because he has to work and she understood that, therefore, she didn't even complain. She always feels lonely in the morning but whenever Yiru is at home, it's her favorite time of the day.  

"It's still early. I think I should go to the supermarket to buy some spices and snack" thought Qian while writing down what she had to buy as she checked around the kitchen. She nodded when she finished her note. Quickly did she run upstairs, she wore her coat and grabbed her keys.

Arrived the destination 30 minutes later, Qian wandered around the mall until it's time to close. Carrying some big bags and getting into a cab, she told the driver her address and comfortably sat there. It's been a while since Yiru took her out at night, therefore, she took time to enjoy the night view through the window. She was surprised not until she saw a familiar figure stepping out a car with a lady leaning against him while he wrapped his arms securely around her waist. The male looked like her husband. No way, it cannot be him. He would never cheat on her. Qian shook her head to get off her bad thought and took a deep breath to calm her heart. However, she still couldn't get rid of it completely. She turned her head back just to check the car number, hoping that it's not the car which Yiru owns.

"It can't be. It can't be true" whispered Qian with her body shaking violently. Tears started b her eyes painfully. How can he do that to her? They just have married for a year and he already had another woman outside. Isn't she enough for him already? Her sobs increased and quickly filled in the taxi.

"Miss, is everything okay?" asked the driver worryingly as he heard the crying.

"I…I'm fine" she hiccupped.  

"We're here, lady" the driver told her gently. Qian nodded and paid for him before walking back into her house with her shopping bags. She carelessly put them on the counter in the kitchen before sitting on the couch and crying silently. She still couldn't understand why things happened this way. They're happy together.

Qian felt angry and helpless. All she did was because of Yiru. She always thinks for him first before thinking for herself. He is everything she has in her life and she never thought that what would happen to her if he left her someday. Wiping her tears which were unstoppably falling, she tried to calm herself down. If scarifying her happiness would make him happy, she would do it for him.

"Qian?" called Yiru as he took off his coat. Qian didn’t notice that he entered their apartment. She was too busy thinking about what she should say to him later.

"Qian, are you alright?" he asked rushing toward her side, kneeled down and cupped her face dearly. He felt anxious when he saw her tears were wetting her face and there was no sign that she could stop crying yet.

"Don't touch me" she suddenly yelled in anger and quickly backed away from him.

What's wrong, dear?" he asked in confusion while sitting on the couch.

"I can't believe that you could do that to me. I hate you. You're such a liar" she sobbed, staring at him painfully.  

"I don't understand what you are saying" said Yiru calmly. He didn't understand what was going on at the moment.

"Am I not good enough? Am I so boring for you that you have a mistress outside?" she shouted mercilessly.

"What are you talking about, Qian? Calm down first, okay?" he tried to hug her but Qian shook him away.

"Sometimes I wonder if you have ever love me because I cannot feel anything from you at all, even just a tiny bit?" she questioned wiping her tears.

"I do love you" claimed Yiru. He felt sad because of her statement. How can she not feel his love for her. They were dating for 4 years and have married for another 2 years. Eight years is such a long time but she feels nothing at all?

"It's just your words. Words is easy to be said but the problem is, you don't really mean it. Then why did you have to say to me many times? It's meaningless" she sniffed.

"I don’t know what's going on at the moment, so can you PLEASE explain to me?" he commanded, became impatient as time passed.

"Do you know that you are everything to me? Do you notice that I'm the one who led the relationship? Why? I'm the one who asked you to be my friend first, I'm the one who always start the conversation first, I'm the one who asked you to be my boyfriend first and I'm the one who proposed to you first. Why did I have to be the one to do those firsts but not you?" she stated sadly with tears coming to her eyes again.

"I never asked you to do all of them" he burst out in his sudden anger. He didn't want to think about it at all.

"So it's all because I asked you first that we became from friends to lovers then we ended up being husband and wife. It's not what you wanted, isn't it?" She tried to speak while she felt broken inside. "Stupid me! I should have known where the limit is so I couldn't have hurt myself right now. I even thought if I became a housewife, I would only focus on taking care of you better. All I did is for your sake and now look at what I got. A hopeless married woman has nothing in hand" she chuckled pitifully as she stood up and walked to their bedroom.

She stopped when she was at the door frame, saying "Let's divorce. If it can give your happiness" before closing the door, leaving Yiru helplessly sitting in the living room. She silently cried in the pillow. She was hoping that Yiru would stop her, would told her that he didn't want to divorce, would said to her that she was everything to him, too but he did none, he did nothing to help their marriage. In his heart, there was no place for her existence.

There were rumors about erts ually harassing female students on the train these days but Qian still went to school by train because it's the only way since her parents' work places were in different direction from her school and there was no bus in her area. Although she was scared, she had no choice. She could only pray hopefully she wouldn’t meet any of them today.

"Please, God! Let me go to school safely" she prayed in mind while hugging her school bag tightly on her chest.

The train was full and people stuck together like glue. It's hard to even move your position. Qian was stiffed when she felt a hand caressing her leg up and down. "No way" her mind screamed. She shook the hand off but it returned again and this time it kneaded her . Qian became panic. It's a ert. Her heart pounded hard as she gripped her bag tightly. She braved herself to hold the hand which was her inner thighs "Stop it"

"Be quiet or you will get embarrassed yourself" a voice threatened from behind her while his hand lifted her skirt up.

"Please stop" Qian sniffed in fear while trying to pull her dress down. However, to her dismay, he didn't stop but used his free hand to squeeze her which made her gasp. She tried to move away to get rid of that ert but another man blocked her way and smiled evilly at her panic face.

"Excuse me, let me pass" she whispered while pushing the guy away so that she could move but that guy stood still, immobile.

"Be a good girl and enjoy" another voice spoke to her and the next thing she knew was her shirt opened harshly with some button falling down on the floor.     

"What!?!" Qian was shocked. Fearful tears began rolling down her eyes. "Please stop, please" she pled while fighting back to the guys. Another hand sneaking under her skirt and began to rub her private part. She was really scared and didn't know what to do. The fourth hand suddenly pulled her bra up, exposing her bare s. Another hand holding her wrist placed her palm on the clothed bulge on her right. Her eyes widely opened in shock when that man used her hand to rub his hand-on while the guy in front of her now on her .

"Help, please" she sobbed but seemed like she was surrounded by erts. She needed someone to rescue her but she knew no one here. She tried to look around through the erts and noticed a guy nearby wearing the uniform of the school she was studying. She struggled again to move closer to the male student and of course the erts didn't let her go that easy. They trapped her inside the circle they formed. Having no choice, she sneaked her hand over the ert's shoulder.

"Just a little more, a little more" she thought as she extended her hand. She almost reached the student. She leaned on the left so that her finger could touch his shoulder. "Please, let me reach him" she prayed while trying her best in spite of being modest at the moment. This is the only chance she could be saved.

Yiru flinched when something touched his shoulder but then he shrugged, thinking that someone lost balance and leaned on him. However, his shoulder was scratched again and again. He frowned, feeling annoyed so he turned to his right and saw a hand scratching him again. He focused his gaze to see whose hand it was but the crowd prevented him.

He pass through the crowd until he reached a group of people. He asked them for him to pass but they refused but they shook their heads. He got pissed off. He almost reached the hand owner but these annoying guys stood in his way.

"Let me pass" he stated with a clearly annoying voice as he nudged the guy in front of him but he was ignored.

"Help me" he heard the fade sobs nearby but when he looked around, there was no one crying. So he tiptoed to look over the man and saw a girl looking at him as well with a tearful face. "Help me" she repeated still locking gaze with him. Her hand sneaked out the circle and grabbed his sleeve.

"Found you" Yiru grinned as he pulled her hand but she couldn't walk over him. He frowned then tiptoed again and saw her being harassed.

"God, damn it" he cursed still holding her hand. He needed to move the man away so that he could save her but the ert was stubborn. He kept blocking my way, Yiru thought staring down at his feet. A smirk curved on his lips while sliding his foot inside the circle before stepping hard on those feet. Two men yelped in pain while kneeled down to rub their feet.

Yiru took the chance and pulled Qian to him, causing her to lost balance and fell on him. Lucky for him that his back was supported by others. His face turned red when he looked at her. Her upper body exposed. But as soon as he looked away, the erts pulled her back. Yiru quickly turned back when he felt his hand was pulled. He grew angry when the ert tried to modest her again. He grabbed a handful of a ert's hair and pulled it harshly causing him scream in pain while his other hand pulled Qian back to him. Yiru secured her him his embrace while his hand didn't release the ert.

"HELP!!! ERTS ON TRAIN!!! HELP!!!" he screamed fiercely, getting everyone''s attention.

"Where???" "Who!?!" the train became noisy after his alarm.

"These four guys are erts. Please take them to the police" he pointed out when people turned to him.

"These four?" asked a mid-age man.

"Yes, sir. Help me to get them, please" he asked politely.

"Sure, kid" others agreed and began to take a hold of those erts "Take them to the police station in the next stop"

"Thank you" Yiru smiled brightly before walking to the entrance with Qian still sticking with him. Once they finally reached the door, he let her stood between him and the entrance. He looked around to see if anyone paid attention to them. When he made sure that there was no one, he quickly took off the vest of his uniform and covered her front.

"Thank you" whispered Qian between her sobs as she held his vest tightly. Her body still trembled in terrify.

"You're welcome" he said softly while talking out a towel from his bag and wiped her face "We'll get off soon"

"Thank you" she whispered again, trying to stop crying.

Meanwhile, Yiru rummaged in his bag and took out a shirt for her. "You should wear this" he stated calmly.

"But…I cannot change here" she reasoned shyly.

"Just wear it over your shirt. I'll hold the vest to cover you, don't worry" he explained with a warm smile.

"O-okay. I will make it quick" replied Qian taking the shirt while Yiru held the vest which was covering her upper body. She wore her bra back properly before pulling his shirt down on her head. "Umm…can you hold my shirt for me?" she asked hesitated as she held her messy shirt close.

"Umm…o-okay" he blushed. With that, Qian held his hand and guided it to hold the hems. His face became redder when his fingers touched her body, he looked away to hide his embarrassment while his free arm still holding his vest for her.

Within a minute, Qian finally finished."Thank you" she said looking at him gratefully.

"You're welcome. I'm glad that I can help" he smiled.

"Thanks" she sniffed while putting her vest properly. That's when the train stopped and the entrance slowly opened.

"You thanked me almost ten times already" he chuckled while walking side by side with her as they headed to school.

"Umm" she nodded "By the way, my name is Qian. What is yours?"

"I'm Yiru" he said as he handed her his student card.

"Your class is next to mine" she exclaimed in surprise.

"Really? You're in B2?" he questioned and received a nod from Qian. Then they went silence again.

"Umm…so you will take the train back home, too?" she asked curiously.

"Of course, you?"

"Same" she smiled before thinking for a while "Umm…do you want to take a train back home together when we're off?"

"Sure, why not?" he smiled brightly as he accepted her offer.

"Cool, then see you after school" she waved once they reached the gate then quickly ran to her class. She forgot the incident earlier for a while.

They walked to the station after the afternoon class ended. The train was full of people once again as it's rush hour. Qian hesitated to get on the train as the incident this morning still scared her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter