Sweet Kiss

Sweet Kiss

“Aish, again?” The sleepy teen with a burning cigarette said as he turned around.

The door to the rooftop opened and a young man holding a notebook in his hands walked through and said, “Are you smoking again?” 

“Ssam, I’ll be smoking until the day I die,” Daniel said rudely. 

“What’s wrong with your face? Did you just wake up from a nap? Is this why you skipped class, to sleep?” 

“None of your business,” 

“I’m your homeroom teacher, of course it’s my business,” 

“Well, no one told you be the homeroom teacher of a smoking slacker,” 

Donglim just rubbed his head and Daniel puffed out some smoke. 

Coughing, Donglim said, “Hey, put that out… Secondhand smoke is even worse,” 

“I have a better idea, why don’t you just leave?” 

“… Daniel… You know, girls aren’t going to like kissing you because you smoke too much,” 

Daniel just laughed. Girls were always fawning over him because they thought a cigarette in a guy’s mouth was ‘cool’. He decided to cut Donglim some slack so he put out his cigarette and smiled coyly at him, “There, no more.”

“You should keep it that way everyday!” Donglim said cheerfully. 

"Ssam, if kissing a non-smoker is so great, you should let me kiss you then,” Daniel said and then chuckled. 

“…”

Daniel sensed that Donglim may have taken his joke in the wrong way so he began to apologize, “Ah, sorry ssam, I did-“

“Okay, if I let you kiss me then you’ll stop smoking right?” 

“… W-What?” 

“I said you can kiss me, only if you’ll stop smoking,” 

Donglim looked dead serious and Daniel wasn’t sure how to respond. He was only teasing him and he didn’t think he would take it so seriously. 

“N-No, I wasn’t… I mean I didn’t… Uhh, what are you doing?” Daniel stuttered to say.

Donglim was scooting in closer to Daniel and he was clutching tightly onto his notebook in one hand. When he was only a few inches away, Donglim closed his eyes and extended his head towards Daniel. 

“Ssam…” Daniel said nervously, but Donglim did not reply back. 

Daniel shyly moved in and lightly placed his lips on Donglim’s. Feeling a bit greedy he pressed his lips closer and slightly opened his mouth. A sweet tasting sensation flooded into Daniel’s mouth and his taste buds became ecstatic. The kiss only lasted a few seconds but it felt like an eternity to Daniel. Finally he pulled away from embarrassment and quickly rushed out through the door and down the stairs into the building. 

The next day Daniel sat up on the roof top all morning and skipped his classes again. He didn’t know how to confront Donglim after they kissed and was stupidly avoiding him. “It’s not like I have feelings for him… Right? I mean, of course I don’t. Who would? He’s too cheerful and positive, living in some kind of fantasy world. Besides, I’m sure something like kissing means nothing to him, he agreed to it so easily. He must obviously kiss a lot of people then,” He thought to himself as he was chain smoking. 

Daniel fell asleep on the roof top again and awoke to foot steps coming from below him. He could hear someone coming up and he was afraid that it was Donglim so he ran and hid on the opposite side of the roof, behind the entrance. “Wait, why am I hiding? Oh man, if I get caught then this is just going to look stupid.” He thought. Just then he heard his classmate, Jeesu’s voice. 

“So… That’s why I think you and I should go out! Please consider it!” Daniel could hear Jeesu saying.

Oh crap, he’s confessing to someone…

“What do you say, Donglim-ssam!” Jeesu continued to say. 

Daniel was appalled, the one that Jeesu was confessing to was Donglim.

“… Well, I’m very honored that the one you like is me, but…” Donglim began to say, “I already have someone that I like very much,” 

“O-Oh, I see… Donglim-ssam… I wonder what kind of person it is that would be able to capture your heart,” Jeesu said. 

Donglim laughed a little and said, “He’s someone who is incredibly cute and yet very stubborn. He acts like he never listens or that he isn’t paying attention, but he takes into consideration everything I say. He’s very kind and also really strong too, he’s an incredible person who really did in fact capture my heart,” 

For some reason Daniel was blushing, he had never heard Donglim speak in such a sweet voice and praise someone so much before. He was starting to feel a little jealous of whoever it was Donglim liked. 

“I don’t think he knows my feelings though, he’s still kind of dense,” Donglim sighed. Jeesu began to also feel embarrassed about the way Donglim was talking and he wished Donglim good luck, then exited the roof top.

Donglim continued speaking though, “Aigo, he’s also a super handsome guy that thinks he’s really slick, but there’s only one place in the whole school that he’d every hang out at, so finding him is really easy.” 

Daniel felt his face get extremely hot and he covered his mouth before he let out any weird sounds.

“Daniel, you can come out now,” Donglim said with a smile on his face.

“Aish,” Daniel said under his breath then emerged from his hiding spot.

“You didn’t come to class,” Donglim said.

“… I know,” Daniel said with a nod.

“And you’ve been smoking too,”

“… Yeah,” He said again with a nod.

“So kissing a non-smoker like me wasn’t that great then?”

Daniel looked up in surprise, “What?”

“You promised me you wouldn’t smoke anymore if I let you kiss me,”

“Oh, Y-Yeah,”

Donglim sighed, “So if I let you kiss me one more time, then will you stop?”

“Ssam…” Daniel said and then hesitated, “Just only one more time?”

Donglim laughed, “Aigo, why are you being coy? Hmmm, you can kiss me as many times as you want if you stop smoking,”

“Hmm, I guess I can’t smoke until I die anymore then,” Daniel said with a smirk, “Ah, that’s right,”

“What?” Donglim said and tilted his head.

“When we kissed yesterday, you tasted so sweet,”

Donglim blushed at this and covered his face with his arm, “A-Ah, that’s from the candy,”

“Candy?”

“Yeah, I eat it a lot, I like sweet things.”

“Hmm, I see. Ssam, kisses with non-smokers aren’t that great. Only kisses with you are great,”

“Aish, pabo.”