My Older Sister Can't Be This Over-Protective

Over-Protective

Amber was frightened. No, she was terrified. For her life.

 

She doesn't know what happened, only the fact that she was walking home from the bus stop, a white BMW skidded to a stop right next to her, getting jumped, tied up, blindfolded, thrown into the trunk, and being at the mercy of her kidnappers.

 

Then she found herself here, in her girlfriend's home, in the living room, on a Friday, just after her classes let out, tied to a chair, with cold sweat dripping down her neck as said girlfriend's scary older sister stared, no, glared at her with the passion of a thousand splendid suns to burn holes wherever they trailed along Amber's body, with said older sister's eight other friends talking in the background as if this... kidnapping and slow interrogation was a common occurrence.

 

Amber knew about Jessica Jung, the older girl who preferred to show no emotion on her face as she just stared at Amber to intimidate her(oh, Amber was intimidated, alright), and her eight other friends, all who make up a very nice singing and dancing group to win many national and even international dance competitions for their Performing Art University. To say they were popular was an understatement, gaining fans even when they were only in college and even gaining the attention of a very big and famous record company that they obviously made a deal with. It didn't help that Amber was also a fan, so she really didn't know how to feel at the moment.

 

But considering a slightly famous person Amber slightly admired and is also the very scary older sister of Krystal Jung(the love of Amber's life) very much giving off an eery vibe that Amber could only perceive as murderous, Amber was anything but starstruck at the moment.

 

Amber preferred to not give Jessica eye contact. She was terrified that if she did, her eyes would either burn due to Jessica's intensity, or freeze due to the same reason(Jessica wasn't named “Ice princess” for nothing). Either way, Amber liked her eyes and would rather not get them damaged to the point of no return. Plus, she could feel Jessica's eyes on her, and not in that faltering way. It was more... unwelcoming.

 

Amber kept her head down as she gave side glances to the others. Kim Hyoyeon and Choi Sooyoung were doing some weird gag, with Lee Sunkyu, and Im Yoona laughing at them. Kwon Yuri and Stephanie Hwang were talking about something. Kim Taeyeon was sitting with Stephanie and Yuri, but she was more or less spacing out but had moments where she came back to planet Earth and laugh with the other. Seo Joohyun was the only one who looked genuinely worried for Amber. Amber internally cried tears of joy. At least someone here cared.

 

Yah.”

 

Amber snapped her head up, still very much in a cold sweat. She stayed silent but she knew fear was reflected in her own eyes.

 

Jessica, hands on her hips, leaned in very close, eyes turning into slits and eyebrows at slight diagnose, “I saw you.” Amber gulped. “Who do you think you are?” Amber was getting a very bad feeling. “Who said that you, yeah, you, could touch. My. Baby. Sister?”

 

Amber paled. She was in very, very deep crap.

 

Amber knew Jessica Jung was immensely over-protected over her little sister. So did everyone on campus. And so did everyone who attended Krystal's school. And here she was, being interrogated by Jessica Jung who happened to have caught her with Krystal, her precious baby sister, in... an intimate moment(Amber assumes).

 

“Well, you see, me and Krystal are a couple and basing on your reaction, she never told you. So, hi, I'm your sister's girlfriend.”

 

Yeah right, like hell.

 

Amber would die if she said that to Jessica. Part of Amber understands why Jessica would be so protective. Krystal wasn't even in college yet, not like them. She was in her senior year of high school. It just so happened that Amber was an alumni from that very school. Amber knew Krystal from her own high school days and eventually asked the younger girl out. They were a fairly new couple, only a couple months. Kisses were very rare at this stage, they were more comfortable with hugs and would rather take things slow and naturally. The fact that they had a class or two together in the university helped greatly. The thing about Krystal's school is that there's a program where it allows a student to take college classes while still being in high school to no only gain credits, but to start off early and gain the college experience. So when they do graduate from high school, the student more or less already knows what to expect. Krystal signed up for the program and was doing very well in it.

 

Unfortunately for the both of them, Jessica and company were also older alumni from that school. The university they all attended was just right across the street. The high school was in walking distance of the university and vice versa. Jessica would visit after school or just whenever she could and word spread fast about her over-protective nature for her little sister. Being slightly famous helped that fact spread. Everyone in the university knew as well for obvious reasons- Jessica attends class, Krystal has some courses as well, both can be hanging around each other when they could and Jessica would glare at whoever looked Krystal's way for more than five seconds. Was it mentioned that being slightly famous help? Because it did.

 

Anyway, somehow, some way, Jessica caught Amber and Krystal doing their mushy, flirty, cheesy, couple stuff(aka, hugging for more than 7 seconds) and thought it was a great idea to kidnap her and bring along eight other people.

 

Yah.”

 

Amber almost flinched.

 

Answer me,” Jessica growled. Everyone else by this point was silent as they all stared at Amber, waiting for her next move.

 

But Amber couldn't. She one, was scared less, two, had a dry throat because she was scared less and therefore could not speak properly, and three, what was she supposed to say in the first place? Amber trusted Krystal to tell her sister when she was ready. It wasn't acceptance Amber was looking for(though that would be nice), but respecting Krystal's decision despite it leading to an extremely complicated relation between the Jung sisters.

 

The only thing that escaped Amber's hole of a mouth was a very breathy and silent croak.

 

Jessie, don't you think you're being a little harsh on her?” Asked Stephanie in a calm manner. Joohyun nodded her head up and down repeatedly. She was really starting to worry about the younger girl who was tied to a chair and might as well be staring at death. Stephanie piped up again, “Besides, I thought you were okay with Krystal being bi?”

 

I have no problem with what her preference is, I have a problem with who that preference is,” Jessica growled without looking at Stephanie to answer. She was too busy staring Amber down until the poor girl wanted nothing but to hide in some corner.

 

But Jessie, look at her! She can't even speak! Poor child is scared to death,” Stephanie reasoned. Amber was glad she had people who could look at things from her perspective. Jessica backed up just a bit, just enough to let Amber breathe because she was starting to turn purple from holding her breath.

 

Yah, Sica, you're doing it wrong!” Sooyoung approached them. “You're not gonna get answers like this you know,” Jessica threw her a scowl, but Sooyoung ignored it and turned to Amber, “So, kid, what's your relationship with little Soojungie?” Amber heard some of the others snicker in the background.

 

Uh...” Was all Amber could smartly stutter. She really didn't want to do this, not when she promised Krystal that she herself would be the one to tell. Amber didn't want Krystal's strong resolve ruined because of her. Sooyoung could sense some type of internal conflict because of the way she struggled with words and the constantly flickering of her eyes from Jessica to herself, as if weighing options.

 

Hm, well I guess if you can't tell, I'm going to guess that you guys a couple.”

 

Amber sighed through her nose. If they figured out themselves then there really wasn't a problem(even Krystal said that before).

 

You know, Sica isn't the only one who's protective of her.”

 

Amber looked up to meet Sooyoung's eyes, surprised to see them hard. She glanced at the others and they also had a serious air around them. “Sica's just the only one who acts on it. Though, I admit that she's the most protective of Soojung out of all of us, but in reality, we all are, understand? We practically helped raise her, you know? She's Sica's blood, but our little sister as well.” The color that was starting to return to Amber's face was gone again.

 

I remember when we first saw Soojungie, so small and tiny in her crib,” Hyoyeon cooed.

 

Yuri laughed, “Remember on her fourth birthday when she got all that icing on her face?”

 

Aigoo, she was so cute back then~” chirped Sunkyu

 

Well . Krystal never told her that. So, these nine girls are childhood friends who knew Krystal since the beginning of time. Amber felt like dying and it took everything she had to not groan because of the sudden misfortune.

 

Uh, unnies, I really don't think this is a good idea...” Joohyun's voice sounded like a whimper, “I mean, Sica-unnie, I know you love Krystal, we all do, but your situation with her is bad enough as it is...”

 

I don't care.” Jessica's voice seemed confident, but Amber could tell it was small. Amber took a quick sneak at Jessica and saw the older girl looked slightly devastated. Amber knew what was wrong, but said nothing. She couldn't.

 

Yoona took this time to speak up, “Besides, it's not like Soojung will find out t-”

 

Find out what?”

 

All heads turned to the new voice in the room. It was Krystal(home from school).

 

Everyone watched as her eyes slowly widened as she registered the fact that one, her girlfriend was tied to a chair, and two, her sister and eight sister-like figures were clearly behind everything and anger was slowly but surely rising.

 

Oops.

 

The room exploded into choas- Joohyun looked like she wanted to faint, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung screamed and ran as far away as they could(which was about 10 feet before meeting behind the couch), Sunkyu and Stephanie held each other and Yoona looked away while Taeyeon and Jessica flailed their arms, “S-S-Soo-Soo-Soojung! We can explain!”

 

Soojung was more or less seeing red as she swiftly stomped over to Amber and untie her, “Are you okay?” she asked softly. Amber nodded her head as she rubbed her wrists. Krystal turned to her unnies and snapped, “What do you think you're doing?! I come home to see you tying up my girlfriend and she looks scared to death! What did you do to her?!” Amber ignored the warm feeling in her chest when Krystal unconsciously said “girlfriend”.

 

B-B-But Soojung-!”

 

Krystal threw an icy glare at her sister. It was rare times like these that the older sister was powerless, because she knows she did wrong and Krystal has every right to be angry at her. “This was your idea wasn't it?” Jessica flinched.

 

That was more than enough to answer Krystal.

 

Krystal grabbed Amber's wrist and dragged her up the stairs to, “I can't believe you, Jessica-unnie!” And a loud slam vibrated through the air as Krystal threw her door shut.

 

Back down stairs, Jessica looked shattered and one could literally see the pieces just chip off. Her relationship with Krystal had not been good the past few months and Krystal won't forgive her easily, if ever. Jessica cared deeply for her baby sister, to say she was crushed was just the surface.

 

--------

As soon as Krystal's door shut, Krystal shoved Amber against it and wrapped her arms around her in a tight hug. Amber took some time to recover from her shock, but eventually returned the gesture. They stayed silent.

 

I'm sorry...” Muttered Krystal.

 

Amber chuckled, “For which part?”

 

Krystal buried her face in the crook of Amber's neck, “All of it, not telling my sister about you, not telling you about the my other unnies, whatever they did to you...”

 

Amber just caressed the top of Krystal's head, “It's fine, I can understand why they would act that way. And they didn't really do anything to me. Well, if you don't count the kidnapping and interrogation. And being terrifying. Other than that, they kinda just... talked amongst themselves.” Krystal tightened her hug and they went back to being silent.

 

Krystal.”

 

She didn't answer. Amber sighed.

 

Krystal, I think... I think you should talk with your sister...”

 

Krystal still said nothing. “Look, I know you pretending to hate her is supposed to make her not worry about you, but... I know you miss her, and she does too... I think you pushing her away is only making her worry more...”

 

But...” Krystal's voice was small. “But... She's so busy... I just don't to be a burden to her when she has a chance to make it big... I don't to become a burden to any of them...”

 

Amber just held Krystal close. She stopped talking because it was a sensitive subject to the younger girl. When Krystal first came up with the idea, Amber thought it was the dumbest thing in the world – like really, who pretends to hate someone – but Krystal wasn't backing down and Amber couldn't do anything to change her mind. But it was a double edge sword, with both sides suffering.

 

Amber kissed Krystal's temple. Maybe if she could convince the nine down stairs that she would take care of Krystal, then they have to worry about the youngest as much.

 

--------
 

Jessica was sulking in the dark corner, with everyone else just as sad spread out in the living room. A couple hours have passed, and they could hear Krystal laughing upstairs. Without them. They were so depressed.

 

Amber had yet to leave. Neither Amber or Krystal have yet to leave Krystal's room. It was killing them not knowing what was happening upstairs. They couldn't just stroll up to Krystal's door because they were afraid that she was still angry. Even though they could hear laughing, who knows what was happening up there. What if Krystal was being molested? What if she was being tortured? What if she was doing drugs?! What if she was about to make the biggest mistake of her life?!

 

(In reality, the couple was playing a card game while watching a funny movie.)

 

Urgh!” Everyone turned their head to Hyoyeon. “I can't stand this! Can't we just like... ask her? Anything?”

 

I don't know, Soojung was pretty mad...” Yuri said.

 

They all sighed, wallowing in pity and conversation as Amber finally came down the stairs. She looked around, the mood of the room was definitely melancholic and Jessica looked like those characters in animations when they were just utterly devastated. Amber felt sorry. Of course, everyone noticed Amber but continued on their conversation.

 

Amber went into the kitchen to grab some snacks. It wasn't her first time in the Jung Household, she knew were stuff was. She couldn't help but eavesdrop.

 

Jessica-unnie, what are you going to do about Krystal...?” Yoona asked.

 

I don't know... She hates me...”

 

Amber really did feel sorry for Jessica. So, she decided to take matters into her own hand.

 

Not really questioning where this sudden bravery came from, she entered the living room again, snacks and drinks in hand. Everyone looked at her with a questioning gaze as Amber checked the stairway to make sure Krystal wasn't near there and turned back to the nine people staring at her. After balancing the stuff she had, she brought her hand next to and spoke in a low and quiet voice.

 

Don't tell Krystal I told you this, but she really doesn't hate you. It's all an act.”

 

Jessica's eyes widened.

 

She has her own reasons for acting the way she does, and she does them with all of you in mind, she just happened to think of a really complicated way to show it,” Amber smiled. Before anyone could question her, Krystal whined for her and Amber hollered back. Amber went up some steps before turning back to the other nine, “Please don't tell her I told you this, she'll kill me,” and climbed the remaining steps.

 

--------
 

It was about 8 pm when Amber decided to go home. The couple was at the door, saying their good nights and goodbyes.

 

Be safe, okay?” Krystal smiled. Amber mirrored and nodded her head.

 

I'll-”

 

KRYSIEEEEEEE!” And a wild Jessica appeared.

 

U-unnie?!”

 

Soojung-ah, please forgive unnie! I was only trying to look out for you!” Jessica launched herself at her baby sister and was squishing their cheeks together and Krystal was trying to push her off, “Unnie, get off me!”

 

No!” And Jessica squished harder.

 

The others either had yet to leave as well. Stephanie approached Amber and whispered, “Jessica tends to turn into that when she's desperate for Krystal's attention.” Amber almost laughed. “Make sure you take care of her okay? What Sooyoung said was true, and you'll have to deal with all of us if you make her cry.” Amber nodded her head, “I don't plan to.”

 

Krystal was still trying to get Jessica off her. “I'll run over your legs if you do something to her!” Jessica shouted and Krystal reprimanded her because Amber visibly stiffened. But Krystal also sent her a look, like she suspected Amber of telling them. The thing is, Amber was a terrible liar so she avoided eye contact and just left. Krystal was screaming for her to comeback or she would chop off her legs.

 

 

I was going to add this to my collection, but I really liked this shot so I just made it a separate story.

 

Sigh, this would have been out so much sooner if my stupid sd card didnt format automatically and delete everything on it T_T I HAD FUTURE CHAPTERS OF IN MY FAVOR IN THERE AND NOW I HAVE TO REWRITE ALL OF THEM TTATT OTL

 

I was trying to write in a slightly different style, but then as it got more serious, I couldn't really show it so I just went back to my regular. This was supposed to be comedy, and in the beginning it was, but then it got serious. The original isn't as serious and slightly more funny because it stuck to the original plan that I no longer remember. But that version is gone because my stupid computer deleted it.

 

Cookie to those that can recognize the chapter title I parodied off of.

 

Over-protectivesister!Jessica amuses me greatly.

 

In case you didn't know, programs where you can attend college classes while still being in high school do exist. The college I go to has this program with the high school across the street and I do see high school seniors just walk (across the street) to the college for their college course. I also interact with these seniors on a weekly basis.

 

I don't know if you guys noticed, but I have a tendency to make characters who threaten Amber threaten to somehow destroy her legs. I do this on purpose for one reason: so she can't walk. It's be like f(4) days all over again \o/

 

THE ENDING IS POOP AND HOW I DO COMEDY JE NE COMPRENDS PAS(that's probably spelled wrong)

 

Random conversation: what's your favorite performance by a group you like? My favorite f(x) performance is the one from their debut days where they performed la cha ta in the rain. Despite the weather, they were having fun and smiling throughout the whole performance(i watched it again and UGH. FEELS)

 

I'm sorry if updates will be slow. Back in school y'all.

 

-don't you know you're my love~