What to do...

5 Things You Can Do on a Hot Day

1. Eat some watermelon


"Hyung! This one has seeds! I like seedless better…” Taemin said, looking sadly at the watermelon that Onew had just finished cutting up.


“Taeminnie, don’t you know? Seeds are better! Watch.” Onew said, as he grabbed a glass cup from the cabinet and set it by the sink. After stepping back a bit, he took a bite out of his watermelon and continued eating it until there were a few seeds left in his mouth. He then proceeded to spit them out, aiming for the glass. The first as too short, while the second landed on the counter next to the glass.


“Ooh! Let me try!” Taemin said, taking his own watermelon and doing the same. He missed terribly, as the seed flew and landed in the pot that was in the sink, still not clean from Key’s breakfast creation. The two continued to play when Jonghyun walked in to grab a water bottle from the refrigerator. He stopped and looked at Onew and Taemin questionably.


“What are you guys doing?” Jonghyun asked, as Taemin spat another watermelon seed, missing the glass once again.


“We’re trying to get the seeds into the cup. I already got one in.” Onew said proudly. Taemin picked up a watermelon and handed it to Jonghyun.


“Try it, hyung. It’s fun!” He said. Smiling, Jonghyun bit into the watermelon, gathering seeds in his mouth. He shot his first one, and the other two watched in surprise as it landed swiftly into the glass.


“Whoa, hyung! How did you do it so quickly? I still haven’t gotten one in!” Taemin said, taking another watermelon to try again. Jonghyun laughed proudly, before taking another shot and getting it in once again.


“You just have to aim, don’t take your eyes off the cup.” He said. They continued to play for a while until Key walked in the kitchen. It was Onew’s turn, and as he spit the seed out, it landed on the counter. Key gasped, causing the three to look at him. Key walked closer to the scene, where he saw many watermelon seeds scattered across the floor, counter, and a few in the sink, with three sitting in a cup next to the sink. He put his hands on his head.


“Aish! What is this mess?! There are seeds everywhere!!” Key shouted.  Jonghyun and Taemin looked at each other, and Jonghyun nodded at him slightly. Before anyone could stop then, the two dashed out of the room, leaving Onew and Key. Key looked at Onew expectantly. Onew chuckled nervously, holding up a piece of watermelon to Key.


“Wanna try?”



2. Go to the beach


“Aigoo, it’s so hot in the summer.” Key said, putting on a pair of sunglasses.


“Yeah, but it’s nice when you’re relaxing in a chair like this. It’s so comfortable.” Jonghyun said. Along with him, Key and Onew were all sitting in lounge chairs, facing a beautiful scenery in front of them.


“What’s better than sitting on a beach on a hot day, feet kicked up, facing the ocean? There’s nothing like it.” Onew said, as he stretched out, picking up a juice box that was lying on the ground next to him.


“What’s best is that it’s SHINee beach. No flashing lights, only shining stars. There are no worries on SHINee beach.” Key said proudly. The three of them continued to lie down in their chairs, taking up the light hitting down on them, the cool breeze coming from a single direction, and the peacefulness of the sounds of the ocean. They stayed this way until they heard someone clear their throat behind them. The three turned their heads around to find a security guard.


“I’m sorry, but you’re not allowed to sit on the display. Please get up.” He said. The three quickly sat up, as Onew turned off the track “Ocean sounds” that was playing from his cell phone.


“Sorry. It’s just too hot to go on the beach today. We didn’t mean to disturb the display.” Key explained, as the security guard raised an eyebrow at them. He walked away as they got off the display. They looked over to Taemin and Minho, who were holding the fans that represented the cool breeze. Taemin handed his fan to Key.


“Can we have a turn now?”



3. Read a book in a bookstore


Key put the book back on its shelf, after reading the summary. “Aish, why is it so hard to find something interesting…” he said to himself. He then decided to check up on how everyone else was doing. He first spotted Taemin. Taemin was reading some manga. Key wasn’t really interested, so he decided to continue on. He walked over to the isle next to his and peeked down. There, sitting on the floor, was the dubu leader Onew, attention fixed attentively on the book he was reading. Curious to what exactly was so interesting, Key moved closer to see what book he was reading. As Key walked closer, Onew noticed this, and quickly snapped the book shut, putting it behind himself.


“Hey, Key. How’s your reading going? Good?” He said, sliding the book back in the shelf. Key caught this, and grabbed for the book. Onew tried to run away, but since he was sitting down, he was too late. Key had pushed him down and grabbed hold of the book. Onew rolled over so that Key couldn’t see the title.


“What’re you trying to hide?” he asked, trying to pull the book from him.


“Ahh- nothing! It’s just, you’ll misunderstand.” He said, tugging at Key’s curiosity.


“Misunderstand? How’s that?” Key asked, making Onew think for a moment. He then pulled the book with all his might, flying backward as it became free of Onew’s grasp.


“No! Please!” Onew said, jumping up for the book. It was too late. Key took a look at the title and gasped. Onew snatched it away, and hid it in his shirt.


“You’re reading Tw-“ Key started to say, but was cut off from continuing when Onew covered his mouth.


“Don’t say it! I’m not! I was just looking at it! I wasn’t reading it!” Onew tried to defend, but to no avail.


“Whoa, you’ve joined the world! Who would’ve known Onew would be a Twilight reader. Tsk tsk. Wait until the others find out.” Key said, as he walked off happily to find Jonghyun. Onew sighed, taking the book out from his shirt.


“Aish, why didn’t I just read a comic book…” he said sadly. He sat down, and opened the book again. “Well, it doesn’t matter now. Let’s see where I left off...”



4. Throw water balloons


“Hey Taemin, wanna help me with a prank?” Jonghyun asked, grabbing his attention.


“A prank? On who?” he asked, Jonghyun came closer so he could whisper in his ear.


“Key” He said. Taemin thought about that for a second.


“Key? Won’t he get mad?” Taemin asked worriedly. Jonghyun laughed and patted Taemin on the shoulder.


“Of course not! He’d only get mad at me, it was my idea. Besides, Onew is in on the plan too. Here’s what you have to do…” Jonghyun said, explaining the prank. What they were going to do was fill up several water balloons, and one would be filled up 2 times bigger than the rest. Jonghyun and Onew would be positioned on either side of a walking overpass, while Taemin would be on top of the overpass. Jonghyun would tell Key to meet him by the overpass. When Key walked to the side Taemin was, Jonghyun and Onew would throw four water balloons at him each, and then Taemin would drop the big one on his head.


Later that day, the boys set up the plan by an overpass that was in the park close by the dorm. They set up shop and Jonghyun made the phone call to Key. Taemin was told to duck until he heard Jonghyun give him the signal to drop. A few minutes passed when Taemin heard someone walk by underneath the over pass. He then heard the water balloons splashing below, and then he got up and dropped the big balloon down on Key below. It made a huge splash, drenching his head and shoulders.


“Surprise!” Taemin shouted, laughing afterward. Taemin noticed that Jonghyun and Onew weren’t laughing, and he looked down at the person below. The person took off their hat, causing Jonghyun and Onew to gasp.


“M-Minho?” Jonghyun said. Taemin’s eyes widened, and he ran down from the overpass and over to where ‘Key’ was standing. Sure enough, it was Minho.


“Ah- hyung… We thought you were Key…” Taemin said slowly. Minho took his glare off the ground and looked at Taemin. Taemin walked over to Minho and touched his shoulder. “We really didn’t know…” He started to say, when Minho  took one large step away from Taemin.


“Now.” He said, and Taemin tilted his head.


“Huh?” Taemin said, when he suddenly felt a bucket of water pour over his head, completely drenching him head to toe. After that Jonghyun and Onew burst out laughing. Taemin looked up to see Key waving at him.


“Surprise!” Key said, and Taemin realized the prank was on him. He turned to Jonghyun, shocked.


“Hyung! Why?” He asked, and Jonghyun shook his head.


“Not me.” He said between laughs. Taemin looked at Onew, and he shook his head also. Taemin turned his head to Key.


“As much as I’d like to take the credit, it was Minho’s idea.” Key said, as Taemin looked at Minho in shock. There was a smile plastered on Minho’s face, as he chuckled quietly.


“Hyung!”



5. Read Fanfics Online


Onew sat at the table, reading a book that said “Sports” on the cover, but wasn’t about sports (refer back to part 3 if you don’t know what it is.) As he turned the page, he was brought back to the real world when the door to the computer room was flung open, revealing an unhappy Taemin. Dragging his feet, Taemin walked over to the table and sat down, huffing.


“What’s wrong?” Onew asked, closing the book after memorizing the page he left off.


“We all know you read Twilight, hyung. No need to hide it.” Taemin said, as Onew hid the book under the table.


“Well I was actually reading sports this time.” Onew said as convincing as he possibly could, as Taemin rolled his eyes, and put his head on the table.


“Hmph, just as I thought, you lie so easily. You really are a jerk.” Taemin said, taking Onew back a bit.


“What? What are you talking about?” Taemin’s head flew up from the table.


“And you deny it so easily! Hyung, why would you do that to her?! You know you love her, and yet you lie and say you don’t anymore?!?! On top of that, you start to date... her… and she puts noona through hell!!!” Taemin shouts, standing up. Onew tilted his head.


“Okay, you lost me. What on earth are you talking about?”


“I can’t even look at you.” Taemin said, turning and walking away from the table. “Doing such a thing to noona, I can’t stand it!” Onew laughed in disbelief, before getting up and walking into the computer room. Sure enough, Key was on the computer, reading. There was a smirk on his face after he heard the whole thing.


“Kibum.” Onew said, as Key looked up innocently.


“Yes, Jinki?”


“Stop showing Taemin fan fics and saying they’re real.”


“Stop reading Twilight.”


“… nevermind…”



___________________________________________________________

Hehehe~

I was originally going to do 7 things, but I couldn't think of anything. If anyone wants to give me things that they could do when it's hot outside, if there are about 5 more I'll make a part 2   XP