A Private Photoshoot

A Private Photoshoot

                Heather had just been kicked out of her house that she lived in alone. She wasn’t able to continue paying the rent on her own. She was sitting in front of a convenience store eating a cup of ramen with only her suitcases and blankets to keep her company. She had a phone but that had been shut off the week before. It was only useful as an mp3 and camera now. She had lost her part time job a while ago when the small restaurant she worked for got taken over and used the last of her money on this ramen. She had no idea what to do now. Her parents were way down in the southern part of Korea and she was in Seoul.

                A woman in a business suit with a skirt came up and sat down next to her. She was wearing sunglasses and smiled at her. “Hello. Do you have a job right now?” Heather slurped up the ramen she had in and shook her head no. The woman smiled and took off her sunglasses and handed her a card. Heather looked at the card and her jaw dropped when she saw that she was a scout for Pledis. “How would you like to come be a trainee for us?” she noticed the stuff next to her. “How old are you? We would provide dorming.”

                Heather choked a bit on her ramen and nodded. “I’m turning 20 this year.” The woman nodded. “Ah, you are the same age as Aron.” She nodded awkwardly “As NU’EST’s Aron?” The woman smiled. “Oh, so you know of our groups?” Heather nodded. “Yeah, you really want me to come be a trainee?” The woman smiled and nodded. “You have the look that we prefer. So will you come with me?”

                Heather knew that there were a lot of things wrong with going with a stranger, but she had nowhere else to go. She couldn’t even afford a train ticket to go to her parents. She stood up and threw away her cup of ramen and grabbed her things. “Alright, let’s go.” The woman was surprised. “You really aren’t worried about something bad happening?” Heather laughed. “Well, my name is Heather and you have met me on the worst day of my life. I have just become homeless and I hope you are here to make it better.”

                The woman laughed and led her to the car that was parked on the street. “Since I wasn’t expecting you to come with me right away, I will have to take you to one of the groups dorms as a guest till we get you a placement tomorrow.” She started texting away on her phone. “I got to see which groups have space in their dorm.

                After about a minute, she started getting replies. “Ahh, Son Dam Bi and Kahi are overseas right now. After School doesn’t have an extra bed. Hello Venus said they have an early morning schedule. NU’EST says they have space in Ren and Minhyun’s room. There will be a manager staying there as well so you don’t have to worry. We will make sure no one finds out either. This is a special case.” Heather blushed a bit and nodded slowly. She was so nervous. She didn’t even get to wash her hair this morning since she got woken up only to be kicked out.

                They drove to the NU’EST dorm building and Heather frantically started trying to fix her hair. The woman smiled and lent her a brush. “I know how you feel. I sometimes feel embarrassed around them too. Stick close to Ren, he should make sure that the other members don’t hit on you. He is very good with his Noonas.” She nodded. She had absolutely no problem with staying close to any of the members.

                She clung to her rolled up blanket and grabbed the handles to her two suitcases. Aron and JR were standing inside the lobby. Both boys looked shocked to see that it was girl trainee who was staying with them for the night. Aron quickly smiled and grabbed both suitcases and handed one to JR, who was still in shock. The scout smiled and put her hand on Heather’s shoulder. “Boys, this is Heather. She is the same age as you Aron.” Aron grinned. “I leave her to you. I told her things already so don’t think you can trick her.”

                Both boys started laughing as they had her follow them to the elevator. Heather stood there awkwardly behind them as they were rambling on about their schedule later today. She stared at their backs and was amazed at how good looking they were in person. They were both a few inches taller than her. JR suddenly turned and smiled. “Noona, how did you become a trainee?” Aron turned, also curious.

                She gulped and smiled. “I was eating ramen at a convenience store. She just asked me like 15 minutes ago.” They both started laughing. Aron rubbed his eye “Then how come you were already packed and ready to go?” Heather sighed. “I got kicked out of my place this morning.” Both boys nodded awkwardly and turned forwards as the elevator opened.

                They walked down the hallway to their door and opened the door. JR went in first. Aron held the door open for her. JR suddenly yelled through the whole place. “Guys! It’s a girl trainee! Behave! She is a noona!” Baekho was standing in the living room in his boxers and a shirt and quickly ran and slid across the floor and into a bedroom to put pants on. Minhyun and Ren looked up and smiled at her.

                Heather took her shoes off and was standing awkwardly in the shoe area. Aron laughed and grabbed her shoulders and pushed her into the living room. “How about you introduce yourself?” He said gently as Baekho came back into the living room, fully dressed, avoiding eye contact.

                She was still clinging to her rolled up blanket and bowed. “I am Heather; please take good care of me until tomorrow.” Ren smiled and pointed to a door. “That’s our room. You can put your stuff in there.” JR glared at Ren. “You two should help her put her stuff away!” Ren glared back. “Can’t you see that she is very nervous right now? I’m sure she wants to escape to compose herself.” She grabbed both of her suitcases from Aron and JR and hurried into the room, avoiding eye contact. She closed the door behind her and leaned against it. The scout was right about Ren understanding.

                She saw that there was a bunk bed and a single bed. She put her blanket on the single bed and the suitcases next to it. She sat on the bed and took a few deep breaths. She was very glad that the scout was legit and not a creeper. She couldn’t believe she got to stay in a dorm with NU’EST overnight though. Her worst day ever has quickly become her best day ever. She composed herself and peeked out into the living room.

                Only Ren and Minhyun were there. Heather slowly walked out and sat on the couch and looked at the TV. Minhyun smiled at her and went into the bedroom. Ren turned to look at her. “Noona, do you feel better now?” She nodded. “The manager took the hyungs to a radio program.” He pointed to another door. “The bathroom is there if you need it. Are you hungry?” She shook her head. She was still full from her ramen. Plus if she ate right now, she would probably be too nervous to get it in .

                Heather got up and went into the bathroom. She had no idea what she looked like right now. She washed her face and fixed her hair. Once again, composing herself as she looked into the mirror. “Heather, Calm down.” She told herself “They are NU’EST. Nothing is going to happen. Just relax and enjoy looking at them. Soon you will be working for the same company. It isn’t weird to get to know them.” She did a fighting pose to herself and took a deep breath and went back into the living room. It was empty.

                She looked around, slightly confused. She shrugged her shoulders and went back to the bedroom to unpack her blankets. Minhyun was lying on the single bed that she had chosen and was under the blanket, using her rolled up blanket as a pillow, looking down at Ren who was on the floor playing a game on his phone. She panicked a little. “Oh! Minhyun-ssi, was that your bed? Did I choose a taken one?”

                Minhyun laughed. “It’s alright Noona.” He patted the part of the bed between him and the wall. “Come and sit.” She took another deep breath and reminded herself that she is older than the both of them and that she didn’t need to be worried. She climbed on the bed and sat cross-legged facing away from the wall, so she could see both Ren and Minhyun.

                The dark haired boy turned his head towards Heather as both boys started asking her questions. Soon Ren sat on the foot of the bed by Minhyun’s feet. He lifted up his phone and suddenly took a picture of her sitting on the bed next to Minhyun, who is still under a blanket. They both looked at the blonde boy, shocked. Ren smirked. “Since we have to share a room, why don’t we try to get closer? We should do a mini photo shoot! As a trainee, you will need to learn this anyways.” She nodded awkwardly. Ren smiled and held his phone up again. “Minhyun, why don’t we do a y bedroom concept, since we are already on a bed.”

                Minhyun nodded. Ren looked at Heather. “Don’t be nervous. You should gain more confidence in front of the camera, even if it’s fake. Just make it look real.” She nodded. She didn’t want to be seen as a bad trainee, since even the scout didn’t ask her if she was able to sing or dance or model or anything. She stretched her legs out and rested them on Minhyun’s stomach, causing him to blush.

                Ren smirked and started taking pictures with his phone. Minhyun took a deep breath and went into model mode as well. The blush left his face as he sat up and rested one hand on her thigh and the other grabbed a section of her hair while he looked up at it. He slowly sits up and the both of them pose for Ren’s phone as they get closer.  Heather turned and faced directly into the camera as Minhyun put a hand behind her neck and had his face near her neck and looked to the side at the camera.

                Heather’s mind was going insane as Minhyun’s hand gently glided over her body, barely touching it but close enough for her to feel it. She her lips subconsciously and turned her face back towards Minhyun as he sat up all the way, so he was taller than her. He stared at her lips and slowly moved closer, always conscious of the camera. Heather finally blushed through as she looked at his lips, only inches from her face.

                Ren wasn’t making any comments. The only sound was the continuous shutter sounds from his camera phone. Minhyun paused when his face was close enough to Heather’s face to where they could feel each other’s breath on their lips.

                Ren abruptly stops them. “Stop! I’m jealous!” Heather and Minhyun all of a sudden get very embarrassed and separate. Ren suddenly leans forward and grabs Minhyun and Kissed him firmly on the lips, right in front of Heather. Both Minhyun and Heather were shocked. Ren sighed and handed his phone to Minhyun. “Sorry Minhyun, I was frustrated and I haven’t had my shoot with her yet so I can’t very well kiss her.”

                Minhyun leans towards the older girl and starts scrolling through the pictures so that the both of them could see. They instantly see why Ren got frustrated. The blonde boy starts whining “Is it my turn to model now?”

                Minhyun smiled and moved down to the foot of the bed and suddenly takes a picture, getting a candid picture of Ren whining and Heather blushing. Ren took that as a signal for the beginning of the shoot. Ren automatically stood up on his knees and looked down at Heather, putting a hand on her shoulder. He slightly pushed back on her, leading her to lean back against the wall. He placed one hand on the wall next to her head and ran the other hand down her side, gently. He rested it on her thigh and straightened her leg out to the side of him. He then lifted the other leg so it was bent on the other side of him. Heather didn’t even have to try, Ren was leading her body into the poses he wanted.

                Minhyun started blushing as he continued taking pictures. Ren seemed to want the concept of seducing, instead of sensual. Heather came to her senses and started posing back. The youngest boy kept on posing. Heather started to feel that he was really trying to seduce her. She quickly let that thought leave her head, but soon Ren had her laying on her back and was hovering over her. He was very good at this, but he also never forgot the camera. He started slowly moving in for a kiss, just like Minhyun did. Heather had her arms on his shoulders at this point, expecting him to stop before hand or Minhyun to stop him, like Ren had done.

                The dark haired boy was about to tell Ren to stop but he was too slow. Ren had placed his lips against hers. Minhyun was shocked and his finger hit the button to take a picture anyways. Heather opened her eyes wide, also in shock. Ren stayed like that, with his eyes closed for a few moments that felt like forever to Heather.

                Minhyun’s jaw dropped as he dropped the phone, clumsily. That got Ren’s attention. “Ya! Be careful with my phone!” He grabbed the phone and stood up on the floor, scrolling through the pictures, smiling. Both Minhyun and Heather didn’t move an inch. They were both stunned at what just happened. Ren wasn’t as innocent and Noona friendly they thought he was.