Looking for work

A single glare

       I am Lee Junghee, a college student who just graduated from 6 years of college, I have Master's degree on business field, so now I am going to look for a business work. I heard that MBL company is famous in Seoul, and everybody knows about it. This company is famous about business, like about computer, marketing, etc.

       I think I should apply to this company, this company probably will help me to get a good job position.

       After the graduation party with my friends and family, I went home to take a rest, and of course, I'm going to apply to MBL company, they better accept me, because I have Master's degree on business, and about experience, Oh gosh! I totally forgot about this, I need to trained some more, so I will have more experience in this field.

       About 6:30pm, I wake up this early to go wash up, dress up nicely, and get ready to go to MBL company. I am start to get nervous, get nervous when I am actually at home? Huh? This is sound ridiculous! Yeah, I know, weird right? Because it's not an interview day yet, I mean I didn't even schedule my appointment for my interview for my job yet, so why would I? I have to be confident, so I can do what I want to do today.

      I dressed up, and get everything ready. I walked out of my house, close my door, and walk on the busy street full of busy people. I walked cross street, and walk toward the near bus stop. The bus came, I walk in, I told the bus driver that go to MBL company. Before I ask him, I was afraid that he doesn't know what or where MBL company is, but turned out he does know that famous company, a famous business company.

      The bus arrived to the bus stop that near to the MBL company, I walk out toward the MBL company. From the look outside, I can tell that this company is pretty rich, I think this company going to have a lots of rich people, except for me though. I am just a normal college student who just graduated college with a Master's Degree on my own hand. I actually happy and appreciated all those past 6 years I been working hard to achieved what I wanted. Now, I achieved it, I just need a good job.

      I walk to the front door of the building, the door is so so so fancy, I can't describe it in word, it's just so beautiful, and creative. Wow! I am amazed of this place now!. I open the door to walk in just like other people walking in the building for their works, but I am not here for works yet, I have to see the boss or the president of this company first, so that my application file can be processed, and get accepted into this business job.

     I look around to examine the building before I approach them. I walk closer the front counter, there are 2 girls who dressed up very nicely, they are pretty too. I start asking them, “Uh...Excuse me!”. “Hi! Can I help you, ma'am?” One of the girl with pony tail said. “Uhm...I am here to send in the application for the job in this building, so uhm...Can I see the president of this company, please?” I ask. She tilted her head, “Oh, yeah. Today I see a lot of people with their application come in to see the president, so I think you come at the right time, he is not busy anymore, he actually free now, so I'll call him first, and then I'll let you know what he say, ok?” She said. I nodded. She pick up the phone, dial on the number of the president. “President-nim! You have a new employer to send in an application for you today, would you like to see her?”. “A new employee?” He said. “Yes, sir.” She said. “Ok, send her in, please.” He said. She hung up the phone, and look at me, “He said he can see you now, so you can follow me up to his office.” She signal her hand for me to follow her.

     I am now stand in front of the office of the president of the MBL company. I am getting nervous, my legs is shaking, and my voice is going to stutter any moment now. The girl signal me to walk in, I walked in, bow to her, she bow me back and walked out the door, leaving me stand there without not knowing what to do next.

     I look at the paper on my hand and remembered that I need to give this to the president, so that I can got accepted into this company and get a good job position.

    The president remembered that he have someone in his office to give the application for him, so he walked out to the door, and he saw me. “Are you the one need to see me?” He asks while walk toward the door. I heard the voice, I turn around, and see the president, I bow to him, “Ah, ne, annyeonghaseyo!”. “Ah, geurae, why don't we have a sit and talk?” He ask, and suggest me to sit down at the living room office.

     I sit down, and hand the application paper to him. He took it from me, he put the application on the table. He look at me and shook my hand, “I'm truly sorry that I didn't introduce myself.” I shake my head, “No, that's okay. Don't worry about it.” I forced a little smile. “Oh, hahaha. Anyways, my name is Mr.Wu, you should have call me President Wu from now on.” He said, and smiles. After I heard him said that, I can't stop smiling inside, isn't that mean he will accept me into this company?

     I tilted my head, and look at the President Wu, “President Wu, but....is that mean I will got accepted?”. “Oh, I don't know yet, I'll let you know this Friday.” He said, look at me. I nodded, “Ok, I'll wait for your call.” “All right then, I'll let you know soon.” He said, stand up, and shook my hand. I am also stand up when he stand up and I shook his hand before headed out his office.

     I walked out the office with a relieved feeling, but at the same time I really hope that he will accepted me in.

     I took the bus home. On the way home, I always thinking about my application and if that can help me got accepted in the company or not. I arrived home, I locked the door and run straight to my room to get change and take a bath.

 

     It's Friday, Wow! I can't believe this week is going fast than I thought! And today is the important day of my life because I have to wait for the call from Mr. Wu.

     I am now doing my house chores, wash clothes, wash dishes, clean glasses, and clean the floor. Suddenly, the phone ring, I heard the phone ring come from my living room, I run as quick as I could from the kitchen to the living room. I was breathless, I pick up the phone, “Yoboseyo? Lee Junghee is here.” “Ah, hi! This is President Wu from MBL company. Do you still remembered me?”. “yes, I do remembered you, President Wu.” I said. “I'm glad that you remembered me, and your name is Lee Junghee?” He asks. “Yes, sir.” I said, nodded. “Ok, Miss Lee Junghee, I have a news for you. Are you ready to hear it?” He asks. I can tell there's something in his voice that tell me that is a good news, I take a calm breathe, “Yes, I'm ready.” “Miss Lee Junghee? Congratulation! You got accepted in this job, and I would like you to schedule to have you come in for an interview.” He said.

     After I heard the word “Congratulation” comes out of his mouth, I was jumping from happiness, I can feel butterfly flying around in my stomach. I slowly calm myself down to hear the rest what he have to say, he said he need me to schedule for an interview. Holy Crap, an interview? Dang, I am going to have an interview! OMG ><

     “Thank you! And interview?” I said in singsong. “Yes, interview. I would like you to schedule an interview.” He said. I tilted my head to think about what day I'm available for the interview, *but wait, I don't have anything to be busy about, why would I have to think about it? I'll just take any day and any time in the morning then.* “Is it really okay if I schedule an interview with you, President Wu?” I ask. “Of course, since you give me the application, so why not?” He said. I smiled, and said, “Then for the interview, can I have it on Monday next week, 10 o'clock? Please?” I said. “That's sound great! I hope I'll see you in Monday, and remembered to be on time, you don't want to make a bad impression on the first day.” He said. “Yes, sir. I won't, and I'll remembered.” I said. “Ok, see you then.” “Ok, thank you.” He hung up, and I also hung up.

      After the call, I am jumping up and down in the living room, screaming excited in the living room, not care about the neighbor live next to my house. I'm just so happy to be got accepted and will be have an interview on Monday next week. *Wow, it's next Monday, I should go prepared for the interview. I don't want to get messed up during the interview. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so excited*