001 ++Goodbye++

+++ LKConeshot Collections +++

 

05GoodbyeoneshotTaelli_zps04a1f831.png

 

Title: GoodBye

Characters: Lee Taemin, Choi Jinri, Choi Minho

Length: 1000 words

 

I was a student in one university in Seoul. I had a really nice best friend who had always there for me. We did everything together – laughing and crying together, always been there for each other. We were each other’s comfort during trying times. We were like brothers and sisters, inseparable.

Her name was Jinri. Everyone call her by the name Sulli. She was really pretty but very shy. She did not have many friends because she was a loner. The truth was, I was her only friend.

After one year of being close to each other, I came to learn that she was from a rich but broken family. She never told me about it. I just found out about it when I went to her place for her brother’s wedding.

During our final semester, her mother bought her a brand new Mercedes Benz. At first, she was embarrassed to drive around the campus with a fancy ride but after a while she got used to it. One day, I told her that I was going home to Busan and stay there for a long time because my parents were having marital problems and I wanted to be there because I was their only son. She said she’s going to miss me so much. I told her that she can come with me but she couldn’t. After the final exam, I packed up everything and went to my hometown.

That night, I remembered how she was crying hard when she said goodbye to me. I knew it would be hard to say goodbye but I told her that it wasn’t the end of our friendship. I also promised her that I’d be seeing her during their convocation. I told her that when I’m done with my family’s problem, I would go back to Seoul and maybe stay there for good. But she said she might not be around that time. I just laughed this off. Jinri is a very emotional person that she has the tendency to be too emotional in handling situations.

A week passed and as I was about to go to bed, I remember that I haven’t called her in days. I had been so busy with my own affairs that I completely forgot to check on her. ‘She must be mad at me now.’ I thought as I dialed her mobile number. On the third ring, someone picked up. It was her but her voice was strange. I asked her how she has been doing. She said that she missed me so much and scolded me for not calling her for a week.

Then suddenly I felt a very cold hand touching my back. It was very cold as if my back was drenched in ice water. I got goosebumps all over my body. I tried to turn but I couldn’t move. Then I heard a voice, “Goodbye Taem. Take care and I love you.” It was her voice but it wasn’t coming from the phone. It sounds like she was just in the room with me. Then I felt someone kissed my cheek. It was a cold kiss but that kiss touched my heart and made me cry. Jinri’s line went dead. I tried to call her back and relay what had just transpired but she couldn’t be reached anymore. I quickly got up from my bed and ran to my parent’s room and spent the night there. Then next morning, I called her cell phone. I couldn’t get through.

I dialed her home number. A man picked up. I asked for her. After a short hesitation, the man asked who I was. I identified myself, the guy suddenly broke down. It was Minho, her brother and he recognized me as the friend Jinri brought to his wedding.

I got the shock of my life when he said that Jinri died in a car accident a week ago. She was drunk and met her tragic death one night in a sharp curve near their house. I started to cry when I told him that I called her last night and was able to talk to her. Minho was shocked at this news saying that it couldn’t have been his sister. Her mobile phone went with her in the grave along with other personal possessions.

Minho told me that they tried to call me about the incident but they did not know where to reach me. I cried as he talked to Minho and told him how much I missed his sister. He told me that she really loved me. I quickly ended our conversation because of the pain I was feeling. I said goodbye to him. After the conversation, I cried and cried in my room. Suddenly, I felt a kiss on my cheeks and I heard a voice carried by the wind, “Don’t cry Taem. You know I’ll always be by your side. I love you.”

I cried a river. The pain I was feeling was almost physical, piercing through my heart. I passed out and when I regained my consciousness, I saw my mother in my room, holding me, trying to comfort me. That night, I reread all the letters she gave to me. As I read through the letters, I imagined her beside me, reciting every word she wrote for me. As I was almost done rereading all the letters, I felt like someone was hugging me, giving me comfort. I finished what I was reading and I was shocked because I saw that the letter I was holding was dated the day Jinri died. I knew then that I was in her thoughts even in her dying moment.

 

cr: to whoever wrote this. . . I found this story written in one old paper and I really like it so I made it a Taelli version coz I think this story really suits to them. . . I hope you also enjoyed this story although it was a sad one. . . I guess this is a true to life story. . . To whoever you are, thank you for this story, I’m sure she’s always with you all the time. . . You will be together again someday. . .

 

More stories to come...

Subscribe and leave a comment...

SHINeeFx Fighting!!!