The Scientist

STUCK WITH THE VILLAIN

 

Oh. Right, the fancy restaurant where the elite people went to eat. I didn’t even know that it was my dad’s taste. Probably, it was Eun Ah’s request to eat in this fancy restaurant. I just said fancy twice.

I kept straightening Eun Ah’s hand-me-down dress. Apparently, she’s right. It fits me.

When the three of us were seated, I noticed that the matrons of the restaurant are looking at Eun Ah appreciatively.

Ahh, I suddenly became invisible.

But hey, that’s ok with me. Totally, did I mention that I want to graduate in highschool without any drama? That’s why I am friendless – coz I don’t think I need one. Having a friend means having the possibility of drama ruining my boring – yet peaceful life. And I don’t think I can cope with drama.

“Hey Hyung, isn’t that the hobbit?” a voice said suddenly.

“Kwangmin, you can’t call anyone a hobbit. Not in this place anyway.” Another one said.

My back froze. No effing way.

“Wow. Aren’t they ah-dorable?” I heard Eun Ah said. “And they seem to be looking this way.”

I sank into my seat. I thought about Youngmin’s blazer in our washing machine. I just put water and bleach and put his blazer. I wonder what would happen to my experiment?

I tried to eat my salad as fast as I could but I can really feel a stare is making a hole in my back. I tried to ignore it, but you know the feeling when someone is staring at you?

Ha! Who am I kidding? If there is someone really staring, they wouldn’t be staring at me but at Eun Ah.

My dad suddenly got up and excused himself to the bathroom.

“That guy is totally looking at you.” Eun Ah said to me.

“What guy?” I asked

Eun Ah pointed at someone. I slowly turned my head and saw Youngmin not looking, but glaring at me. Obviously, he can’t get over the fact that I ruined his blazer. Talk about being vain.

Then I saw his twin, Kwangmin, beside him and he waved at me. And smiled.

Oh. Kwangmin is actually cute. Unlike his older brother.

“Do you know them? They’re cute!” gushed Eun Ah. She seems to finally realize that this place probably didn’t at all. I can see her eyes are shining.

 

====================================================================================================================

 

“Na Young, what is this?” Eun Ah asked when we got home. Dad left after he made sure that our lock in our apartment is working properly.

I went to the laundry and found Eun Ah holding a piece of rag. And then my blood went cold. A rag. From our washing machine. A rag.

Eun Ah is inspecting it. “Oh. This is a Marc Jacobs blazer. Or I think it used to be a blazer before it has become a rag. Is this yours? I just found it and it’s totally ruined. Not wearable. This must have cost a fortune. It should have been dry cleaned. You should’ve asked me.”

“I – I didn’t know it would cost that much.”

“Why, didn’t you buy this for yourself? Oh, wait. This isn’t a girl’s blazer!” Eun Ah exclaimed.

And I thought about Youngmin’s wrath tomorrow when I present him his good old blazer.

And they say a lot can change in summer. But a lot changed for me that day.

 

author's note: 

The Scientist by Coldplay

keep reading. in the next chapter, you wil see Youngmin's POV ;)