001

Screw Me With A Knife

Amber's p.o.v.


"Let go! Let go of me!" I heard myself yelling at the stranger.

"Oh, and miss my chance at a pretty little Asian with a nice body? I don't think so." he said before laying his disgusting hands all over me.

"S-Stop. Let go of me." I sputtered out, feeling that bastard groping me.

"I'd rath-" "Who the do you think you are, Drew?" a voice came from the end of the alley.

All of a sudden, the grimy hands released me.

As 'Drew' walked up to the other guy, the other got closer.

"Me? I'm nobody but goody-two-shoes Drew Gretz. How do you remember me, Choi?"

The 'Choi' guy seemed agitated.

"Same way you remember me. A good." he held down Drew and dug his knee into Drew's stomach.

"Painful." He threw another punch across the other's face.

"Fight." He finished, kicking him where the sun doesn't shine.

"Oh, you're gonna pay for that."

Drew groaned as he got up off the ground.

As he tried to throw a punch at the Choi guy, Choi caught him in a headlock.

I could tell he was saying something, but whatever he said was inaudible, and I could only catch phrases like "middle school", "brother" and "beat up".

I tried to back away from the fight and ended up with my back against a brick wall.

I guess the only way out of here is to wait for one of them to beat the out of the other and as far as I can tell, "Choi" is winning.

In a matter of seconds, Drew was on the concrete ground and Choi was making his way over to me.

I saw a hand coming down near me, and my instincts made me pull back a bit.

"Dongwook. I'm Dongwook Choi. Are you hurt anywhere? Do you want me to take you to the hospital or something? He didn't hurt you?"

The voice I had heard earlier had lost its edge and I could hear a sincere type of concern in his voice.

"I'm Amber. Thank you. So much." I looked up at him and saw a pair of soft brown eyes, and felt a smile spreading across my face.

"No problem. You're sure you aren't hurt anywhere?" he kept asking as he held his hand out to help me up.

"I'm fine." I reassured this beautiful stranger as I grabbed his hand, but when I tried to get back up, a searing pain went through my side, and I let out a groan before falling again.

I looked up at Dongwook and saw a little stream of blood running down the side of his face.

"You're bleeding." I managed to get out before everything went black.

 


Amber's p.o.v.
 

I woke up in a bed.

White ceiling.

White walls.

White everything.

A wire sticking out of my arm, that's not weird at all.

Must be a hospital.

How did I even get here?

Wait.

Where's that Dongwook guy?

"Dongwook?" I called, wondering if anybody was there to hear me.

"Oh, Amber, you're awake!"

A pretty blonde girl came out of nowhere, smiling.

"Hi. Who are you?"

"I'm Chaerin Lee. I was your nurse while you were passed out, and will be until you leave the hospital You're physically fit. Not sure how you're feeling inside though." she smiled a warm smile, reminding me of my brother back in Korea.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Amber. Like you already know. How long was I here? Is Dongwook here? Dongwook Choi?" I asked, wondering if the good-looking guy was just a figment of my imagination.

"I'm not sure. There was a guy outside in the waiting room. He was the one that brought you in, and he's been here the entire four days you've been out. Not sure if his name is Dongwook though. Let me ask." Chaerin said quickly before leaving the room.

I looked around, wondering where my phone was, and found it on a coffee table, just a little out of reach, along with my jacket.

I got up off the surprisingly comfortable hospital bed, grabbed my stuff and returned to my spot on the bed.

Going through my jacket pockets, I found my plane tickets to Korea.

Convenient.

"Your Dongwook guy is adorable." was the first thing I heard come out of the blonde's mouth.

"Huh." I managed to put out.

"He seemed really into you, or really caring for you. I don't think he went home or ate for the past few days. He was in the same seat as he was the first day."

I heard Chaerin ramble on.

I wonder if my parents were told.

They'd probably be worried to death.

"Amber, I may not have known you very long, but as far as I can tell, I think you'd be my best friend." She said, smiling.

"Honestly," I began, "I had one friend back in Korea just like you."

"Is that a compliment or an insult?" she teased.

"It could be both, considering he was my friend. And he was a crazy lovable freak." I joked, then questioned. "Are you Korean? Your name sounds like a Korean name."

Chaerin nodded, still smiling.

"Yup. And I think Dongwook might be Korean, too. A cute one.” Chaerin teased, causing my cheeks to flush to a deep shade of scarlet, but before we could continue the conversation, a knock was heard on our door.

"Can I come in?" the angelic voice from the other night said through the door.

"Yeah, come on in." Chaerin said before I could even take in what was happening.

Dongwook came in, and Chaerin left the room to the two of us.

"Hi." he said, smiling.

"Thank you." I managed to say, continuing by asking, "Um, Dongwook, I have a question. What day is it today?

 He whipped out his phone and said, "Saturday, May fifth."

My eyes must have doubled in size.

"My flight to Korea leaves tomorrow." I blurted out.

"Wait. Today's the fifth. I just missed my flight." Dongwook rambled on, "How am I going to repay manager hyung? He's gonna be so pissed. Could I reschedule? Oh, he's gonna be mad-"

I cut him off before he could continue his rant.

"There are other flights. You could take my ticket tomorrow if you need to. I could just get another ticket anyway. It's the least I can do, since you helped me so much.”

I said, smiling, hoping he'd take my offer.

He smiled back, but looked kind of upset.

"I couldn't take your ticket. I'll just find another flight, even if I do get in trouble." he said, still smiling.

I looked at him in concern.

"No. You're taking it." I said stubbornly, adding, "Just stay in contact with me alright?"

"Um. Okay. I'll buy you another ticket, though. Amber, are you sure? I mean, you're sure I can take your ticket? I feel bad. Are you definitely positive? Give me your phone so I can put my number in."

I nodded, passed him my phone, and said, "Do you know if I can leave yet?"

Shaking his head no, he started talking.

"I can go ask Chaerin though."

I nodded. Again. And Dongwook left, leaving me to myself.

I sat there numbly for a few seconds before turning my phone on again.

I called Dongwook, just to mess with him.

"Amber? You okay?" was what I heard when he picked up the call. "Yeah.I'mfine.What'stakingsolong?Couldyoubringmesomewater?I'mtired,couldyouchangemybedposition?Isthereanyfoodhere?HaveItoldyouthatyoureyesarereallypretty?Youshouldhurryup.Allofthatwasajokebytheway.Exceptforthefoodandthecommentonyoureyes." I said as quickly as I could, and found him standing at my door, with a bottle of water and a tray of food.

"What?" he asked, looking absolutely exhausted.

"It was a joke.” I mumbled under my breath, still grinning.

He scoffed in a playful way before setting the tray down and coming over to the bed.

"I know my eyes are pretty, thank you very much," he started while stalking up to the bed.

"And you said you'd like your bed position changed?" he pressed a button on the side of the bed, making it flat and lower.

"Oh, and did I mention that," he smirked, "I don't," he took another step closer to me, "like liars?" he finished saying before I felt a pair of hands tickling my sides.

I started laughing uncontrollably, and couldn't stop, gasping out a couple words asking him to stop every once in a while.

When he finally stopped, my face was red, and I had tears forming in my eyes, while he was trying to send me an intense glare that ended up seeming like an innocent pre-schooler who was mad for being accused of taking something when the kid next to him had done it.

"Well," I started, "technically, I wasn't lying."

Before he could in, I continued, "I am tired, I was wondering why it was taking so long, I am thirsty, I am hungry, I really wanted you to hurry up, and your eyes are very, really, super, crazily pretty."

When I finished talking, Dongwook was gaping at me, mouth wide open.

"Amber. Just shut up."

I grinned at the older and pretended to zip my lips and lock them.

I looked at him expectantly, wondering if he was gonna tell me when I can leave.

"What!" he exclaimed, to which I answered with a bunch of charades.

"Just talk." he said in defeat.

"Am I allowed to leave yet?" I questioned.

"I didn't even get the chance to see Chaerin because I was getting your food."

"Oops." I smiled sheepishly, curious if he was even gonna try again.

"I'll be back." he said, getting up out of his seat and doing the terminator move while leaving the room.

I found myself giggling and stopped immediately.

In a couple minutes, he came back with Chaerin.

"Hey, Amber." Chaerin said while closing the door behind her.

"Hey. So." I replied.

She chuckled, and said, "You're really straightforward, you know?"

I grinned at her, waiting for a direct response to the question Dongwook probably already told her about. "You're allowed to leave the day after tomorrow, but once you leave, you are NOT allowed to drink alcohol, smoke, or use any other sort of drug for the next two months, including over-the-counter medicine. Nothing that could risk you losing too much breath too quickly. You're physically very healthy, so you probably won't have too many other incidents like these. I'll check in on you every once in a while before you leave though.”

I laughed this time.

"And I'M straightforward?"

She smiled before saying, "I have to get to another one of the patients, Dongwook caught me on the way. I'll see you later, Amber."

In a split second, she was already out the door.

I scoffed, and looked at Dongwook.

"I knew the timing would work out. Go get some rest before your flight, will you? I don't want to have to worry about you." I said, smiling at him, and taking out the tickets and handing it to him.

"I'll see you around, Amber."

I looked at him, and responded, "Alright. Be careful on your flight back."

He smiled before giving me a quick hug, and waving while leaving the room.

He helped me so much, and I don't mean to be rude, but now that I finally had some time to myself, I felt like I could breathe comfortably again.

I heard the door click again.

A head poked in, and I heard Dongwook saying "And address me as an ‘oppa.’ Bye Amber."



A/N:: Hi guys

I need to get to updating my stories.

I apologize.