Jun. K the Kid

Jun. K the Kid

Minjun Oppa sat silently. He shut his eyes and looking a bit pale. I turned my body towards him and touch his left cheek, checking his temperature. He got a fever this morning and been sleeping eventhough I did his make up. I don’t dare waking him up since I touched his face to wake him up slowly and his temperature is very high.

“Yah! Oppa, why don’t you tell me that you got fever?!” I frantically running toward my bag and looked for a thermometer that I always bring anywhere I go, including many kinds of medicine. I’m more like a nurse than a make up artist ==”

“Oppa, Oppa wake up please. Oppa, did you working late for your song again? When did the last time you eat well, Oppa? Oh Gosh,” I tapped his face slowly.

He opened his eyes and looked at me then looked around. “What? I just don’t feel very well, Yoo Min-ah. It’s not a big thing,” he rubbed his eyes cutely and yawned.

“Here, lay down and bite this firmly.” I put down those jackets and bags down so Minjun Oppa could lie down. I took off his shoes and jacket then wrapped the jacket around his body. I sit beside him and fix the jacket around his body. He looked at me with his always-looking-like-a-puppy-eyes and plastered a soft smile. A smile that looks like a brother calming down his baby sister, telling her he’s okay with his eyes and smile only.

He’s actually 38,3°C but I finally gave him parasetamol because it’s his make up turn. He hummed his song and repeating the rap part over and over again. I finally have to get a hotpack around his neck and on his forehead after I’m done with the base and moving on to the eyeline.

“If you put it on my forehead you have to fix my make up over and over again,” he complained as I change it with the warmer one.

“Shut up and let me do my work. I know what I’m doing, Oppa. You don’t have the right to complain because this is all your fault. You don’t know how to be responsible to your own health, for God’s sake!”

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry. Gosh, you’re so fierce today.” I fix the position of the hotpack on his forehead and let me finish the eye part make up.

His face slowly glisten in thin layer of sweat. I wipe the sweat carefully and promise him 5 minutes before the tapping start, I’ll fix everything. He’s so naggy about his eyeline that has to be very perfect.

“Minjun-ssi, 15 more minutes. Please get to the studio now. You’ll have another sound check in 10 minutes. Thank you,” the PD came to our waiting room and quickly disappear after telling Minjun Oppa what to do.

“Dammit!” he sweared under his breath and inhale deeply. He gave me all of the hotpack but still wearing 3 layers of jacket.

“Mind control, Oppa. Don’t mess this,”

“Not even in my dream, Yoo Min-ah. I’m a professional, don’t tell me what to do.”

“Okay, fierce panda.” I did a final check on his make up and clap my hands twice, smiling wide because it’s perfect. “It’s all awesome,”

He nodded and smiled. We finally move to the studio for his sound check and I have to come along with him. I bring everything with me. My personal bag, the make up bag, and a box of facial tissue on my hand.

He finally decided to have his camera rehearsal too after the final sound check.

“Don’t dance now! Not now, Oppa!” I yelled to him because he called up four of his dancers. The dancers stopped their step and looked at me.

“Wae, Yoo Min-ah? It’s his camera rehearsal, we have to be there too.” Said Jaehoon, one of the dancer.

“I mean don’t dance with all your might now, he’ll collapse anytime soon. Please look after him well, Oppadeul.”

“Alright, will do. Bye now,” they waved at me and heading to the stage. Jaehoon Oppa whispered something to Minjun Oppa and he suddenly signed me ‘okay,’ with a cute wink. I nodded. I think Jaehoon Oppa told him to keep his energy for the tapping.

He put on a strong face as some Hottests calling for his name and cheering on him. He waved back at them and thanked them sincerely. He bowed to them after he’s done with the final checks and ran to me, panting and sweating crazily.

I already got a chair for him to sit. “Oppa, are you okay? Why are you panting? Feeling dizzy? Feeling sick?” I wiped the sweat carefully and kneel before him.

“Dizzy, a bit. It’s fine, I stand up for too long.” He shook his head and take a sip of isotonic drink I gave to him. I touched his face and the temperature is even higher. I can only sighed. We both can’t help that.

“Let’s move away from here, it’s too stuffy.” I dragged him somewhere quieter so I can fix his make up.

“Gosh I’m too nervous,”

“That makes it worse, Oppa.”

“I know, I can’t help it, Yoo Min-ah. I tried to be calm but I keep messing with the rap here and there,”

“You want to go back to your room and calming your head there?”

He nodded. I support his body and he hold on to my waist firmly. We walked back to our room and he chose to sit. I watched after him very carefully. Anticipating what’s coming next. It could be him feeling very dizzy, at least, but the worst is the possibility of him collapse on stage as he feels the burden and tense.

He quickly laid on his back on the long couch and I once again wrapped his body with my jacket and his own jacket. He closed his eyes and regulating his breath as he mumbled the rap part. Professional all the time, that’s pretty much what he always do.

Time passes pretty quickly as the PD called him again to finally go on stage. I take two hotpacks around his neck and the one on his forehead and did final check on his make up while we walk to the studio.

“Wait here for a bit please, Minjun-ssi. I’ll signal you when your time come.” The PD flee after bid a friendly goodbye to me as well.

I touched his left cheek to check his temperature and it's nothing different than the last time I checked.

He hold my hand and leaning on me. He looks insecure, tired, pale, and need something to hold on to. I can only smiled and let him hold my hand tight.

Minjun Oppa then moved my hand from his face but he still holds my hand tightly like a little boy afraid of losing his Mom. His eyes shut and he looks so much peaceful as he hold my hand.

He's warm and soft. Calm but rough at the same time.

“Are you gonna be okay? Not feeling nervous now?”

“Ssssh! I’m doing mind control now, Yoo Min-ah.” He still hold my hand and I kneel before him, making him open his eyes and he looked annoyed. “What are you doing?”

“Nothing. Let me give you a good luck kiss,” I kissed his forehead and both his cheeks. He smiled when I kissed his other cheek and he suddenly hug me.

“Thank you, Yoo Min-ah. I’m feeling better now.” He let go of me and patted my head twice.

“Really?” I cupped his face with my hands and he smiled warmly.

“For the love of God, can you stop treating me like I’m a kid? You make me feel better with the hotpacks, the perfect eyeline, the kisses…” he smiled mischievously. I simply smile.

“Minjun-ssi, let’s go.” the PD come again and we looked to him.

“Oppa, fighting~!” I hugged him tight and let him go quickly.

He laughed and I followed him to the stage. Still watching him nervously, I hugged his jacket on my hands and once again, as always, mesmerized when I saw him dancing and singing beautifully. He’s a bless and I gotta admit to be close to him is a miracle. I always love him like he’s my own Oppa since the first day I work for 2PM and sometimes I would spoiled him and got the other boys jealous of him. I still can’t look away from Minjun Oppa since I decided to work for 2PM.

Thank you God for everything. I won’t demand more because everything I have now is Your best bless. Thank you for bringing him closer to me. You truly are the best~!

He finished his song handsomely and bowed to the audience, looking sincere and happy. He quickly ran back to me and smiling like a little kid. He hugged me really tight and I was stumbled but he hold me back and he keeps mumbling “I did it!” like he just won a race.

“Yes, you did really well. Are you feeling dizzy or something?”

He rocked our body side to side and said, “Nope! I’m fine but let’s get back to our room. It’s stuffy here!” he let go of his hug and hold my hand as we walk. The childish smile is not something you see everyday from him whenever he’s not with . He tend to be more serious when he’s on his personal schedule.

He sat on the couch and that wide smile just can’t leave his face. He take off his performance jacket off and wore my thick-long jacket.

“Why do you look so happy?” I sat next to him and touch his face. It’s warm and he’s sweating already. I handed him an isotonic drink and he drank it slowly.

“Uhm… Why can’t I? I did awesome, right?”

“You’re always awesome, don’t ask that question to me again.”

“Let’s go to a coffee shop right after we’re done here, Yoo Min-ah.”

“No. You have to go back to the dorm and have some rest. Tomorrow’s gonna be busy! You guys have to do a photoshoot outdoor, so you have to be normal again tomorrow.”

“Just for an hour, please Yoo Min-ah.” He plead with his moist puppy eyes and I can’t say no with that.

“Okay. 60 minutes and not more.”

“Yeah~! Thank you so much, Yoo Min-ah~!” he cupped my face and laid on his back, knowing he have to get more rest everytime he got some time.

Sometimes it’s me being 25 and you’re the one 17, Oppa.

 


 

I finally manage to write the story here after the electricity decided to be dead while I took off my Toshiyo's battery (that's my laptop's name LOL)

I know it's very short but like I said,this is from my dream.. It's so short but I decided to add some things.. On my dream, I actually only see him when he's holding my hand and leaning on me like a lost child. It just felt sooo real that I woke up with tears x') hahahaha~ It's stupid to cry over a dream but somehow the warmth of his hand felt so alive and real. Maybe I'm just crazy hahahah~ ^^

Let me know what you think of this fic.. Any comments should be great,even if it's harsh but I'll survive LOL and I'll write even better ^^v

 

Love,

~Erin~

 

 

*some picts of the handsome Daegu-Panda for you,guys~~ ^^v*

 

 

^_____^v