Delicate but Precious

Stories From the Heart

Theme 4: Snowflake 

________________________

 

Snow sprinkled down gently from the sky. 

 

The town was sleeping at the moment but that didn't stop the town lights from being lit up. The gigantic Christmas tree in the center of town sent a beautiful glow over the skating rink along with two people who were visiting it.

"Come on Tae-ah. Get in here. It'll be fun.~"

The younger gripped the side railing. "No hyung, we shouldn't be here if no one else is here. What if we get in trouble?" 

"Tae-ah, no one cares if we're here. Besides, isn't this a nice place for just you and I to be at?"

Taemin stayed by the railing. He wasn't really good at skating and was afraid he'd fall over and that his hyung would laugh at him.Kibum would never though. 

The older's skates scratched the ice as he stopped on the other side of the railing in front of Taemin. He took the boys hands. 

"Come skate with me Tae." He said trying to lead the boy out.

Taemin panicked. "No, no, no. I'm awful at this. I-I'll fall over and you'll laugh at me."

"Tae you won't know unless you try and I would never laugh if you fell. I would help you up and we'd try again."

There was just about a foot of ground in front of Tae before it switched into ice. The older smirked. "What? Are you scared?"

"No!" Taemin pouted and loosened a bit to allow his boyfriend to lead him on the ice.

It was like bringing a baby gazelle to its feet. "See, you got this Tae. Just one step in front of the other."

"Hyung, I know how to walk I just can't skate." Key let go of his hands and stepped back a foot and the younger panicked again. "Hyung! Don't let go of my hands!"

"Stay calm and you won't fall. Now watch, you just lead with one foot and follow with the other." The older boy instructed skating backwards.

"How are you skating backwards?! I can't even do it forewords."

Kibum held out his hands. "Now come to me." Taemin tried moving his feet but as soon as he shifted weights, his legs felt like jello and he would have tumbled over if Kibum hadn't been to his side faster than lightning to catch him. 

"Hyung this is hard. I can't do this."

"That was just your first shot. Try again Minnie, here I'll lead you." Kibum held the younger's gloved hands and stepped back, gently pulling Taemin with him. The boy didn't move his legs and the skates just scratched the ice while Kibum pulled him. "Tae, pick up your feet."

Taemin tried and he was a bit wobbly, but Kibum kept him balanced. Taemin's grip was so tight around the coat on Key's wrists. He could see his breath because of how cold it was right in front of his face. Taemin felt Key's warm hands holding him and they felt so comforting. Key just made him feel safe in general.

"See you're starting to get the hang of it." 

"Well if it weren't for you, I'd be face first into this glacier of ice below up right now."

Kibum chuckled. They started skating together at a slow pace but the speed didn't bother them. Well, maybe Taemin was a little upset that he wasn't as good as his boyfriend but Key didn't mind staring down at his boyfriend's pretty face as the scene around them seemed to all blend together and the only vibrant thing was Taemin. When the younger noticed his intense gaze he blushed and looked down to his feet.

While still skating backwards, Key let go of Taemin's wrist. "Look Tae you're moving all by yourself."

"Ahh! No hyung don't let me go!"

Key stopped and the boy slid into his chest. "Umpff!"

Kibum wrapped his arms around him tightly. Taemin clung to his boyfriend afraid he'd slip and fall but he wouldn't. Key had such a strong and protective hold on him. Kibum moved his head to kiss Taemin sweetly. It felt really right at the moment and Taemin couldn't help but kiss back and enjoy the warm feeling he got from it.

When Key pulled back, Tae's lips just felt so cold and he immediately missed the warm contact. Key realized this too so moved back in to replace where his lips had been before. Key loved his boyfriend and vise versa. The younger just seemed so sweet like a dove and delicate like a snowflake. He wanted to always be there for him to love him and cherish him dearly.

 

"But I'll never let you go, Taemin."

 

 

~*~*~

Another Taekey. I just thought the pair fit the story better.  I feel sometimes I don't write enough Taekey but I'll try to keep pairings equal throughout this story. 

Thanks for voting on the poll guys! I'll try to change between those two choices throughout too.  Next theme? Haze Now I'm really not sure what I'm going to do with this. Uhg so nervous for how this one will turn out. I can't think of anything for it. *pouts*

See you all tomorrow again. Hopefully I'll have an idea by then for you. Bye~ <3