Final

You're Mine

“Hey.”

“Oh Hey.” Smiled the girl seated on the park bench.

“I haven’t seen you around these days.” The boy settled with sitting a good distance away from her; if he was to sit any closer, he might not be able to control himself.

“Yea?” she smiled at her little brother who waved at her; she waved back. “I’ve been busy.” She turned to him and smiled.

“That so?” he asked and nodded when he saw her nod at him before staring ahead; to avoid that sudden need to grab her and embrace her. I miss you so much.

“You know, I found out that some girl in my class has a crush on you.” She giggled and smiled softly at nothing in particular.

Hearing her say that, he swallowed a lump forming in his throat and spoke, “Yea? What do you think about that?”

“Hmm, nothing really. I asked her if she wanted to go on a date with you.” She paused and smiled at him. “She fainted after I told her I could possibly set her up with you.” She grinned at it then, looking ahead, it faded. “But then again, I still need your approval to continue with this match making.”

“I don’t think I’d like to go.” He mumbled quietly.

“Hmm? Why not?” she asked, tilting her head to the side. He didn’t answer, just stared at the ground. “Jinyoung?” she called.

“Yea?”

“Is something bothering you?” she inquired with a worried look.

“No, it’s—it’s nothing.” Shaking his head, he stood up. “I’ll go on ahead.” He smiled and waved goodbye before walking to her brother and ruffling his hair and finally leave the park.

 

Releasing a breath she’d held since he came, she shook her head. “There’s no way he’d think of me more than a friend, get your acts together, Jai.” She sighed and smiled at her brother who was walking to her. “What’s wrong Junsu?”

“Noona, Hyung said that you shouldn’t be worried about setting him up with any girl.” He frowned at his sister. “What’s wrong Noona?”

She looked at her brother then smiled at him. “Nothing’s wrong Junsu-ah. Noona’s just thinking.”

“I’ll go play now.” She nodded and waved at him as he ran to the slides.

“Haaaaah~” she sighed and slumped in the bench. “When will this all end?”

“Maybe when you tell him how you really feel and stop those attempts to set him up with other girls!” exclaimed a voice from behind her.

“Kei!”

“That’s right, it’s me. Your all too amazing best friend.” She grinned and sat beside her best friend. “Seriously Jai, just tell him you like him.”

“Easier said than done.” She sighed and leaned to rest her head on Kei’s shoulder. “He’s just too perfect, I’m way out of his league.” She sighed and closed her eyes; missing her friends raised hand and, “Ow!” flick. “Why’d you do that for?” she sat up and pouted at her.

“Because!” she hissed and massaged her temples. “You are such a nice and beautiful girl, stop telling yourself otherwise!”

“Says the person who called me ugly yesterday.” Jai pouted and turned to look the other way with her arms crossed.

“That’s not the point!” hissed the taller female seated next to her.

“Ara, ara.” She sighed and leaned back, staring up the cloudless sky. “It’s just—just, so...” she sighed and closed her eyes. “So hard. Girls flock around him, the best way for me to handle things is to just avoid him. And it hurts.” She opened her eyes when she didn’t hear a reply from her friend. “Kei?”

“I’ll get you to confess to him, whether you like it or not.” She stated and stood up, leaving her dumbfounded friend’s mouth ajar.

 

The following day, the confused and pouting girl—who is Jai—walked the stairs to the rooftop after receiving a message from her dear friend to Come to the rooftop, NOW!

Opening the door to the roof, she growled at no one in particular and hissed a, “What do you want? I was in the middle of eating my icecream damnit!”

“Jai?”

Hearing that unexpected voice, she squeaked. “H-hey there Jinyoung.” She paused to clear . “What are you doing here? Where’s Kei?”

“I was about to ask you the same question.” He chuckled when he remembered her short outburst. “So you were eating icecream?”

“Eeep!” she let out another squeak and nodded reluctantly. “She wanted me to come here ASAP.” She sighed and took a seat at the available desk. She then left her phone vibrate.

‘Tell him you like him, or you guys aren’t going anywhere.’

“Eh?” just as she said that, she heard a click from where she came from. “Oh no.” Her eyes widen in realization. She ran to the door and tried to twist the knob, but to no avail.

“What’s wrong?” Jinyoung asked, walking away from the railings.

“Were locked in,”

“Don’t you mean out?”

“That’s not the point! The door’s locked!” she yelled. Banging on the door. “Kei! Open the goddamn door!”

“Wait, this is Kei’s doing?” Jinyoung asked, quite amused when she nodded. “And why would she do such?”

She froze when she realized he was leaning towards her; breath tickling her exposed neck. “I—I don’t know.” She stuttered, and was very much tempted to slap herself for stuttering.

He chuckled and leaned back; quite stunned to see her ears red.

“Just tell him already!” the girl on the other side exclaimed.

Left brow raised, he looked at the girl who had her back faced to him then asked, “Tell me what?”

Hearing him ask, she stilled and her bottom lip. “That—.” She sighed and shook her head. “Nothing.” She uttered and turned to the door. “Come on Kei!” she whined.

Jinyoung pouted and sighed. He wanted to tell her right here, right now. There was no other chance to be alone with her. “Jai?” he called, and she paused in persuading her bestfriend.

The girl bit her lip and tried not to be obvious that she was blushing. “Y-yea?” she answered and released another squeak when she felt the boy behind her wrap his arms around her waist.

“Please tell me you won’t ever do that again.” He whispered.

She blinked 3 times and turned to look at him but quickly looked at the door in front her upon realizing he was so close. “Wh-what do you mean?”

“I meant, don’t set me up with those girls again. I don’t like it.” She could tell he was pouting. “I only want one girl.” He mumbled; but due to the closeness, she heard.

“Who?” she hesitantly asked.

“You.” He answered and nuzzled his nose in the crook of her neck, smelling the sent of vanilla and lavender. “You smell nice.” He commented after a while, feeling her relax in his arms.

“Really? What do I smell of?” she asked, trying to avoid the previous conversation.

But Jinyoung read her like a book. “Vanilla and Lavender.” He smiled and hugged her tighter. “Please tell me you’ll be mine.”

She bit her lip when she felt his breath on her neck. “Jin?”

“Hmm?”

“That tickles.” She mumbled and tried to remove his head from her neck.

“Really?” he chuckled and planted a soft kiss on her neck. “How ‘bout that one?”

She squealed and struggled to keep his mouth away from her sensitive neck. “S-stop that!”

He nodded and rested his head on her shoulder instead with a soft smile. “Jai, be mine.” He uttered once more.

She sighed and shook her head. “What do you think?” she asked, with a blank face.

He frowned when he saw her face. “I think you’ll say yes.”

“Yea?” she giggled and kissed his cheek. “How’d you know?” she leaned back and rested her head on his chest.

He grinned upon hearing her reply. “Really?”

“Um.” She nodded. “You know, that’s not how to ask a girl out.” She teased, making the boy pout.

“Mean.”

She laughed at him and knocked at the door. “Kei, all is well.” She uttered with a soft smile, now directed to Jung Jinyoung. “Should I be calling you mine from now on?” she asked with a teasing grin.

“Yea.” He beamed and leaned down to capture the lips he so long wanted to take into his. “And you’re mine.”

 

The End