Best Friend

Best Friend

 

Growing up Amber had never liked the rain. It was cold and wet and it meant having to stay indoors. No matter how much she tried to do to occupy her time she could never wash away the stubborn boredom that came with staying indoors.

 

At the moment, well, rain was her best friend.

 

Wafting back and forth in the wind was Myungsoo's bedroom curtains. Amber watched, a warmth bubbling and floating through her as she curled up in his arms, for a moment feeling at peace even when she knew it couldn't last. Much like the rolling thunder and pit pattering droplets, Myungsoo would be gone.

 

What would happen, what could she do to stay this blissfully warm forever? She felt guilty, using her friends warmth just to have the sweet warmth of security. He slept there unaware of anything that went through her mind yet he didn't seem to mind, didn't seem to care that she was such a terrible friend.

 

He held her, held her like he cared which sounded odd- how could you exactly tell if someone cared by the way they held you while they slept, but then again, that's how Amber felt... he cared, but for how long? Would tomorrow still hold this feeling? Would he hold her like he held her now when he was awake? Could they meet tomorrow and still hold this comfort?

 

Myungsoo shifted in his sleep and Amber found her self staring at his beautiful face, a strange knot in her tummy formed. She didn't know whether she wanted to sob or laugh, that little knot tugged at so many strange foreign emotions, emotions that she'd never even tried to understand. How could just seeing his face send her through so many conflicting emotions?

 

He was her Myungsoo, her best friend and the boy who always seemed to be there when she needed him... he was her Myungsoo...

 

As the rain poured over head she closed her eyes, getting lost in the sound of the skies gift and Myungsoo's heart beat, a pleasant content bubble surrounding them- for even if the world ended right then and there, curled up with her best friend on a rainy afternoon would be a good last moment.

 

(AN- hmm, I'm not even sure you'd call it a oneshot, it's really smallll but I'm not really in the mood to think of what else you'd call it so THERE!! ^^ like I said I normally don't write Oneshots but I really liked this scene and had been pretty disapointed when the story this was supposed to go into didn't even make it to the first chapter -.- 

Love you~~^^)