CHAPTER ONE

Her Biggest Problem

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AYEL!!!"

 

 

Yerp, it's my 18th birthday today, or should I say tonight, and we're celebrating it here outside my apartment. Actually, I really didn't know that there's a celebration. Well, I told my parents not to prepare a party for me anymore. It's not that I hate parties, I just hate spending money for something that's not worth spending and also, I don't like being the center of attraction. LOL! But don't get me wrong, I'm happy. Very happy!!! EXTREMELY HAPPY!

 

Wait wait! I'm still a Senior, okay? I'm not yet a college student and I don't look like one because of my baby face. Concited? Na-uh! I hate my baby face sometimes. Everyone's treating me like a baby. They thought I'm a weakling when in fact, I'm ten times stronger than my looks. LOL, I'm even stronger than theeeem. Muahaha, some of them of course! I'm not the hulk.

 

Shocks, what am I saying? -___-

 

BTW, they also rent a Karaoke. They love me this much? Awwww, I'm so blessed!!! Okay, enough of the senti moment! I was the first one to sing since I'm the birthday girl. Hey, they should be singing for me!!! Are they the birthday celebrants?! THIS IS UNJUST!!! Anyway, I sang Stupid Love by Salbakuta. Muahaha, it was fun! Gosh, I'm dizzy! I hate alcohol but whenever it's in front me, I'll start drinking like a drunkard and acting like one also. Heyyyy, I'm not a drunkard!!!

 

I look like a good girl though but I'm not, really. I drink occasionally, I cut my class sometimes, and uhhh, I'm living my life. Mwehehe,  I'm a very very very easy going and happy-go-lucky kind of girl. But the thing is, I'm tipsy!!!

 

Okay, I think I'm being incoherent here. I'M SORRY!

 

I was supposed to sing again when someone came. She's beside my gate so I asked her to go in, "Hi, Ate Linda!" I tried my best to walk properly and hugged her. 

 

"Happy birthday, Ayel. Sorry sa istorbo pero kasi si Sir..." She stopped. She looks like she's having a hard time saying what she wants to say. BTW, Ate Linda's my neighbor. I think she's in her mid-30's?

 

Wait wait, let me describe to you how our neighborhood looks like first. Well, it's quiet and you have to walk, not really far, to reach the highway. It is or we are hidden somewhere in a big city. This neighborhood is really hard to find when you don't stay or live here. Anyway, we're all staying in an apartment, not a house, and since I love people, I'm close with my neighbors except for Ate Linda's boss. I think he doesn't like me or he's just aloof around people.

 

I want to know him though. I'm curious about him but the last time I saw him was still last month and I'm telling you, he's handsome! Trust me! He's really handsome because I can remember his face clearly. It's not like I have a crush on him. The hell, I do have a crush on him!

 

"Ano po?" I asked, still trying my best to stand and talk properly.

 

"Ano kasi," Ate Linda scratched her head.

 

"Okay lang Ate Linda, say what you want to say. It's fine with me," I smiled.

 

"Uhmm sabi kasi ni Sir ano e. Pakihinaan daw yung karaoke kasi nag-aaral daw siya," She lowered her head. Hmmm, "Sorry talaga, Ayel. Sorry,"

 

"Your boss said that?! Ate Linda, why is he so rude?!" Cathy looks extremely pissed. Pwahahaha! I laughed at her because I remember something. Cathy's a very confident and frank girl that's why when she saw Ate Linda's boss, she ran towards him and approached him. She asked him what his name was but the guy just gave her his weird look and COMPLETELY ignored my poor friend, Cathy. 

 

"Cathy, I remember something!" I teased.

 

"Shut up, Ayerrr. Pagbibigyan kita ngayon since today's your birthday,"

 

"CORRECTION: TONIGHT!!!" She gave me her patay-ka-sa-akin-pagkatapos-ng-celebration-mo look so I did a peace sign. She just rolled her eyes at me and I just laughed. She can't resist me anyway!

 

"Ate, wag po kayong mag sorry. Okay lang, sige po hihinaan po namin pero in one condition..." I said.

 

"Ano yun?" She asked.

 

"Kakain ka dito," I smiled.

 

"O-Oh sige," She scratched her head again.

 

Like she has a choice!

 

She's scared of her boss and I'm not! ^_____^v

 

 

 

"Hey guys, let's play beer pong!" Sab excitingly shouted while holding the four pingpong balls.

 

"DEAL!!!" I shouted while raising my beer. Everyone looks at me, "What are you staring at? I'm just tipsy, you guys." I laughed. 

 

*croo croo*

 

"Oh-kay, let's start?" 

 

And so we play. Muahaha, I'm not good at pingpong as well as beerpong. You know that right? I mean beerpong? The game where you have to shoot the ball in a cup of beer in the other end. Oh well, nevermind. My head's aching!

 

"WHAT?! I LOST AGAIN?! THIS IS ALREADY MY NTH TIME LOSING GEEZ!" I AM IN NO SHOCK AT ALL BUT GAAAH, I'M GETTING FRUSTRATED. "ONE MORE GAME! ONE LAST! I HAVE TO WIN THIS!" I said desperately. 

 

"She really won't quit, huh?" Sab said. I heard her! "Of course, I'm not a quitter!" I laughed and sit on a chair near me. I'm dizzy! I drank too much and because I was always losing, I had to drink lots of hard liquor!

 

"Ayel, are you okay?" Lexi asked, she's my partner in this stupid game called beerpong. Whoever invented this game should... should... should... NOTHING!!! Well, Lexi's my partner in everything and I love her so much. She's like a sister to me and vice versa. Speaking of sister, I have one and I miss her already but she's out of the country sooo... I miss her. Did I already say that I miss her? Okay, I miss her!!!

 

*SIGH* She's like my bestest friend. Awwww. I wanna cry. 

 

"Hey, Ayel. Why are you crying?" One of my friends asked and then suddenly, everyone's getting panicy.  I'm crying? Oh no, I'm crying! They can't see me like this. I'm not a crybaby, I have never cried in front of anyone. Well, once or twice or maybe thrice? Err anyway, I'm a happy girl who doesn't know how to be sad. I don't know how to cry!!! I don't want them to worry nor see me like this.

 

"I'm just happy. Huhuhuhuhuhu! And and and, I miss my sister. Huhuhuhuhu! THANK YOU GIRLS!!!" Since the guys, my family, and neighbors have already left because these girls are gonna sleep here and they want us to have the time of our lives, we're all girls here.

 

"I think she's drunk," Someone said.

 

"I think so too," Somone number two said.

 

"I think we should bring her upstairs," Someone number three said.

 

"But how? We're all girls, stupid!" Someone number two, I think, shouted.

 

"Plus, she's 50 times heavier than she looks and she's a hundred times heavier when she's drunk," Someone number five said.

 

"I can handle myself girls, you don't have to worry about me. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! ENJOY!!! BE HAPPY!!!" I tried to walk but my body didn't listen to me. 'You stupid legs, don't act like you're a jelly aceeee! Feeler!" 

 

GIRLS INCLUDING ATE LINDA: O_______O

 

I tried walking again, "Sht, keep your sht together, stupid legs!!!" I screamed, ordering my legs to cooperate!

 

For the nth time, I tried walking again. Only this time, I fell on the floor. Haaay, I can sleep here forever.

 

"Good night, girls!!! I love you all. Mwa!" 

 

MY POINT OF VIEW

 

"Maybe we should call Tita?" Cathy suggested but Jas disagreed.

 

"I don't think that's a good idea. Her family's too far from here plus Ayel will not like it when we call her parents. She hates making them worry," They put their hands under their chins, thinking of a good way. 

 

"Then we don't have any choice but to carry her," Lexi said.

 

"Fine, let's do that!" 

 

They all tried to carry Ayel but Ayel's just too stubborn when she's drunk. If she wants to sleep on the floor, she will sleep on the floor. If she wants to cry, she will cry. Ughhh, the girls don't know what to do anymore. They're all tipsy already!

 

Meanwhile...

 

"Ah, may naisip ako!!!" Ate Linda said. She's thinking about asking her boss for help.

 

She was going to tell her suggestion when a guy came. He's wearing a white v-neck shirt and a pair of denim shorts. 

 

The girls' jaw dropped instantly.

 

"Manang, hindi ka pa ba uuwi? Umaga na. Kanina ka pa hinahanap ni Cherry," He said, not looking at anyone but Ate Linda.

 

"Uhmm s-sir," Ate Linda's stuttering. 

 

The guy just looked at her, expressionless. "What?" He asked.

 

"Sir, ano kasi," She pointed at Ayel's direction.

 

"KAGI BUNSHIN TECHNIQUE... TIMES TWO TIMES TWO!!!" Ayel shouted with her eyes half-closed while imitating Naruto's actions. They were all schocked because normally, Ayel's loud and crazy but not like this... NOT THIS CRAZY! "KAME HAME WAAAAAAVE!" She shouted again while raising her both hands, imitating Goku! They don't know what to react but when they look at the guy, he's expressionless face is still... expressionless. He saw Ayel lying on the floor but he didn't do anything. He's far from the world gentleman.

 

"Ano gagawin ko sa kanya?" He asked.

 

"Can you help us carry her?" Lexi said.

 

"She's too heavy," Jas complained.

 

"And I'm tipsy," Bea added. All of them agreed.

 

But he ignored them, "Let's go, Manang." He started walking when Cathy shouted at him.

 

"HEY! SUMUSOBRA KA NA!" She clenched her fists. She was really really controlling her anger, she's gonna expode at any moment.

 

He stopped, "If she can't handle herself, she shouldn't have drunk too much. She's old enough, she must be responsible. Why burden other people's lives?" He looked at Ate Linda, "Manang, kung hindi ka pa uuwi, mauuna na ko."

 

Their jaws dropped again not because of his face and body this time but because of his attitude.

 

HIS ATTITUDE !

 

But right, the girls realized he was right. If you want to drink, be responsible. Well, he's a smart !

 

The mysterious rude grumpy nameless whatever guy started walking again when...

 

"HUHUHUHUHUHUHU! I MISS MY SISTER! HUHUHUHUHU!" Ayel started crying again.

 

"Cover with a tape or I'll staple it. Deal?" He said as he walked away leaving everyone speechless.