Holiday Confession

The Hyung Line

Sunggyu sat in a pile of tinsel surrounded by broken ornaments and there was a what appeared to be a Christmas tree laying on the ground to his left. He sighed and hung his head in his hands. How had this happened? Everything had been perfect about this day until about 3 hours ago. How did everything go down hill so quickly? He jerked his head up when he heard a familiar laugh, melodic and bright. His small eyes pinched into a glare directed at the copper haired man. Right…that was how this had happened. This was all the handy work of Infinite’s resident dinosaur Jang Dongwoo.

3 hours prior

Kim Sunggyu was happy. In fact, you could almost say he was floating on cloud 9. He was laying on his bed peacefully, just about to let sleep claim him. Everything was quiet, and that was perfect. All of the kids were out on personal schedules. Hoya, L, and Sungyeol were filming dramas, Woohyun and Sungjong were at a modeling gig and he hadn’t heard from Dongwoo at all.

Sunggyu smiled to himself, happy with the short amount of peace he was being granted. He deserved some time to himself, it was hard being the leader of rowdy boy group. He grabbed the long bamboo pillow that he was “borrowed” from L’s room and to his side ready to take a well deserved nap.

“GYU GEE GEE!!!!” The shout filled the empty space of the dorm suddenly. Sunggyu sighed. Maybe, just maybe if he pretended hard enough the disturbance would leave and he could sleep. “GYU GEE GEE! I’M HOME!!!!!!!” Maybe not. He settled for the next best plan of action. Pretend to be asleep and ignore the bounding ball of energy that was surely about to burst into his room.

He heard the sound of shopping bags and what sounded like something heavy hit the floor. Footsteps quickly made their way toward his room and he heard the door being ripped open.

“Sunggyu hyung! I’m home.” The voice bellowed at the ‘sleeping’ figure of his leader. “Sunggyu hyung! Wake up! You have to wake up now!” Suddenly Sunggyu felt all of the air in his lungs being forced out as the owner of said voice jumped on top of him. He coughed and sputtered at the younger man. “I knew you were awake hyung! Come on! Get out of bed. We have things to do.”

Sunggyu looked up and huffed, clearly irritated at the man. “Jang Dongwoo, get off of me you stupid dino!” Dongwoo just smiled that absolutely brilliant smile that made Sunggyu feel all tingly down at him.

“I won’t get off until you promise to get out of bed and help me.” Dongwoo squinted his eyes shut into an eye smile. Sunggyu pretended to weigh his options even though he had already given up on the thought of sleep. “HYUNG!!! You have to get out of bed and come help me. Please, please, please!” Dongwoo grabbed his shoulders and shook him slightly.

“Fine, fine, fine. I will help you. Just please stop crushing me.” Sunggyu sighed in defeat. Although, the thought of Dongwoo sitting on top of him in his bed was appealing, but only if said man was topless and breathless from kissing Sunggyu silly, would it be acceptable.

Dongwoo smiled and bounded off of Sunggyu, managing to pull the stubborn hamster out of bed. “So, what exactly are we going to be…” Sunggyu stopped short when the two men entered the living room. There were shopping bags everywhere and what looked like a fake Christmas tree by the door. “No, no, no, no…I refuse to help you decorate the dorm this year. Have Sungjonggie do it with you or Sungyeol. I am not touching that stuff.”

“But hyung, wouldn’t it be so nice if we could surprise the kids with this? They would be so happy to see everything decorated and lit up when they come home tonight. Please help me. You know you want to.” Dongwoo was doing his best impression of a puppy dog and Sunggyu was finding it difficult to hold his resolve.

When it came to Dongwoo the leader was hopeless. The younger man could get him to do anything really. He had once convinced Sunggyu to sneak out with him to a playground in the middle of the night, just so they would play on the swing set. Of course they had both been punished by their managers when they returned, soaking wet and sniffling after the night sky had opened up into a down pour while the two had been playing tag.

“Please hyung. Pretty please. Help me do this and then I will treat you to lunch.” Sunggyu sighed, defeated by the handsome dino that had stolen his heart when they had still been trainees.

“Fine, but you better be serious about buying me lunch.” Dongwoo squealed and grabbed Gyu’s hand dragging him over to the pile of shopping bags. Sunggyu knelt down and started to empty the bags. Strings of lights, tinsel, ornaments, candy canes, stockings, fake snow and star to top the tree with. Dongwoo had really gone all out this year.

“I think we should put the tree up first. Don’t you, Gyu Gee Gee?” Dongwoo smiled and dragged the huge box to the middle of the room. Sunggyu watched as his dino tried to open the box without breaking any of the zip ties that held it shut. This was going to be a disaster.

“Stop that. Let me get a pair of scissors. You need to cut the zip ties first, pabo.” The hamster shuffled off to the kitchen to grab said scissors. He was thinking. Maybe now would be the perfect opportunity to tell the boy how he felt. While all the kids were gone and they could actually talk it out. And maybe if Gyu was lucky, Dongwoo would return his feelings. Then again, maybe he should just not tell the other boy and continue on his streak of secretly loving the man he had come to know.

Sunggyu snapped out of his thoughts with a shake of his head and returned to hopeless dino he had left in the living room. “Here are the scissors, Woo.” Dongwoo smiled up at him and accepted the scissors. He made quick work of the zip ties and was pulling the different pieces of the tree out of the box. Sunggyu smiled and reached down to help him construct the tree.

They put the tree together in a relatively peaceful silence. “Time for the decorations Gyu!” Dongwoo hastily shoved a box of lights into his hands. “Lights first!”

Sunggyu puffed out his cheeks in irritation. “I know that Dongwoo. I’m not stupid.” Dongwoo laughed at him merrily and poked his cheeks.

“You know, you really do look like a hamster when you do that.” Dongwoo chuckled, hands still on either side of Sunggyu’s face. Sunggyu could feel his cheeks beginning to heat from the contact and he couldn’t help but notice how close they were standing. Quickly he pushed the younger man back.

“YAH! Don’t say that you stupid dino face.” He attempted to give Dongwoo his best glare but the heat from his cheeks and his racing heart made it difficult. Said dino giggled and stuck his tongue out at Sunggyu. The leader sighed and then looked down at the lights in his hands. “Hey, you have to help me with this. I am not doing it by myself.”

Together the boys untangled the string of lights and draped it around the tree. They smiled at each other, happy with the work. Slowly they began to place the ornaments Dongwoo had purchased on the tree, with the occasional jab about placement of the ornament or how those two just look stupid next to each. Sunggyu reached toward the top of the tree hanging his last ornament. As he brought his hand back down, Dongwoo casually grabbed his fingers and pulled him away from the tree.

“It’s beautiful Gyu! Thank you for helping me put it up. The kids are going to love it.” Dongwoo squeezed his hand comfortably as the two of them stared contently at their masterpiece of a tree. Sunggyu glanced at the shorter boy, he was smiling and staring at the tree as if was the most amazing thing on the face of the planet. Sunggyu decided then that he needed to tell him. He couldn’t stand the thought of someone else stealing away his happiness. He wouldn’t allow someone else to see the look Dongwoo had on his face or the shear beauty that was Jang Dongwoo. Dongwoo was his. No one else could have him.

“Hey, Dongwoo,” Sunggyu squeezed his hand and Dongwoo turned and smiled at him. “I need to tell you some-“

“WAH! WE FORGOT THE STAR!” Dongwoo shouted at the top of this lungs, breaking away from the startled hamster to search for the missing star in question. He dug through the bags and violently his arm in the air, the star clenched in his fist. “FOUND IT! Hyung, help me put it up!”

Sunggyu shook his head and retrieved the star from Dongwoo. He walked over to their perfect tree and stood on his toes reaching toward the top, trying desperately to put the star in place. He couldn’t reach. “I can’t reach the top, Woo. Can you grab the stool out of the kitchen?”

Dongwoo nodded his head and ran off to retrieve the stool. Sunggyu persisted in trying to place the star without the stool. “Hey hyung, you said you need to tell me something. What was it?” Dongwoo barreled into the living room, stool in hand. His sock slipped on the wood floor and pitched him forward toward the tree. “AH!” Dongwoo crashed into the tree, knocking Sunggyu backwards into the pile of remaining decorations. He quickly righted himself and let go of the tree.

“Well, at least the tree is okay.” Dongwoo smiled and patted the tree softly. The tree wobbled and in the blink of an eye it was on the ground and the sound of glass ornaments breaking resounded through the dorm.

Sunggyu buried his face into hands. All of the hard work he had done, destroyed in five minutes by a clumsy dinosaur. He heard Dongwoo begin to chuckle, the chuckle grew to full laughter. He pinched his eyes into a glare and directed it at Dongwoo.

“You . Look at what you did. The whole thing is ruined now!” Sunggyu was fuming. This was going to take forever to clean up and he could not understand why Dongwoo thought this was so funny. He very carefully stalked his way over to the dino, who was doing his best impression of a seal. “Jang Dongwoo! Stop laughing. This isn’t funny.” Dongwoo looked at him and started to laugh even harder if possible. Sunggyu could not stand the laughter. He grabbed the dino’s head and placed their foreheads together staring down into the younger man’s eyes. Dongwoo’s giggles slowly stopped and he stood there with a stupid smile on his face staring into Sunggyu’s eyes.

“Gyu Gee Gee. You made it snow!” Dongwoo exclaimed in a tone similar to a 5 year old. Sunggyu stepped back from the shorter man and turned around.

Indeed, Sunggyu had made it snow in the dorm. He had managed to fall on top of the bag of fake snow and bust it open, sending fake snow all over the living room. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. This was going to take forever to clean up.

“Alright, let’s get this cleaned up and redecorate the tree.” Sunggyu pushed up his shirt sleeves and went to stand the tree back up. Dongwoo disappeared to get the broom and dust pan and started to sweep the floor of broken ornaments and snow as Sunggyu righted the tree and placed new ornaments and the star on it. “Dongwoo, what time is it?”

The younger man pulled out his phone and was taken back. It was already 4 in the afternoon. The kids would be back around 6. “It’s 4 hyung.”

Sunggyu sighed. It would seem that fate did not want him to tell Dongwoo. He shook his head sadly and turned around to face Dongwoo. They made short work of hanging the stockings and tinsel around the living room. The dorm looked amazing. He nodded to himself pleased.

“Hyung, you forgot one decoration.” Sunggyu looked around the room. He didn’t recall there being anymore decorations. He had put everything up.

“I think you are wrong Dongwoo.” He turned around to face the shorter man. Sunggyu jumped back when he came almost face to face with Dongwoo. The copper haired man was smiling his big smile and holding something behind his back. “I didn’t forget anything Dongwoo. I don’t know what you are talking about.”

Dongwoo’s smile grew even more if that was possible. “Yes you did.” Sunggyu watched as he brought his arm above their heads. He looked up at an odd looking green plant with a red bow that was dangling from Dongwoo’s fingers. Sunggyu looked back at Dongwoo, confusion clear on his hamster like features. “You forgot the mistletoe.” And with that Dongwoo placed a hand on Sunggyu’s cheek and leaned forward, closing his eyes and softly pressing his lips against his leader’s.

Sunggyu stood shocked. He felt lips on his but couldn’t believe it. His brain clicked off until he felt the other boy attempting to deepen the kiss. He snapped his eyes shut and wrapped his arms around the shorter man and kissed him back with as much force as he could. Dongwoo broke away from the kiss and giggled. “I was getting tired of waiting for you.”

Sunggyu laughed and pressed their foreheads together. “Was that a confession? It seemed like you just wanted to kiss me.”

“Why else would I kiss you? Gyu, I love you. I want you to be with me. I want you to be my boyfriend. I want to do cheesy couple things with you. I want all of the kids to know that you are mine. I just want you Sunggyu. I love you.” Dongwoo smiled and pressed another kiss to the taller man’s lips. “How’s that for a confession?”

“I think that is pretty acceptable.” Sunggyu’s cheeks were burning and he couldn’t seem to look into Dongwoo’s eyes. He reached forward and put his hands on Dongwoo’s face. “I love you too, Woo. I always have. And I was planning on telling you before you knocked the tree over.”

The couple laughed and shared a much more heated kiss in the middle of the living room. Sunggyu tilted his head and moaned softly against Dongwoo’s mouth. This was paradise. Dongwoo took Gyu’s moan as an opportunity to deepen the kiss. They kissed and their tongues tangled and fought for dominance. Hands were slowly traveling over clothes and giving soft squeezes. Dongwoo slipped his fingers under the hem of Sunggyu’s t-shirt and caressed the skin he found. Sunggyu sighed softly against Dongwoo’s lips as the dino drew small circles on his sides and lower back.

They broke apart and just as Dongwoo had grabbed Sunggyu’s hand in an attempt to direct them to a bedroom, they heard the lock on the door click. The couple jumped apart and managed to make it to opposite sides of the room as the band members slowly filtered into the living room. Sunggyu watched as Dongwoo swiftly placed the mistletoe into his coat pocket.

All of the members were in awe of the Christmas wonderland their dorm had become. Sunggyu smiled and glanced over at Dongwoo who was laughing at whatever horrible joke Hoya had just made. Woohyun walked over to Sunggyu and put his arm around the leader’s shoulders.

“How was your day hyung? Did you miss me?” Woohyun questioned eagerly.

“My day was…it was perfect. And I did not miss you.” Sunggyu smirked, pleased with the curious look the vocalist was giving him. And as the boys slowly started to get the place ready for dinner, Dongwoo slipped over to him and placed a quick kiss to his lips. Sunggyu hummed in appreciation and slipped his hand into the other boy’s, lacing their fingers together.

“Oh by the way. You still owe me lunch Dongwoo.” He smirked remembering the bribe. Dongwoo stared at him shocked. “And I am not a cheap date by any means.”