Orphanage

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Oppa, let’s have dinner this weekend. I haven’t seen you in a long time and I miss you. Dinner on Saturday, okay? I’ll be waiting for you. ^^

Love,

Sarang

Rome sighed and placed the letter onto his home desk. He leaned back in his chair and raked a hand through his hair.

A knock came at Rome’s door. “Come in.” He called. The door opened and revealed Jaekyung. “Am I bothering you?” She asked.

Rome smiled and shook his head. He held out his hand. Jaekyung took it and was pulled onto her boyfriend’s lap. Rome wrapped his arms securely around her waist and inhaled her lavender scent. Jaekyung smiled and placed her hands on top of his.

“Is something wrong?” Jaekyung asked, turning her head to see him. Rome shook his head. “No, I just really miss you that’s all.” Jaekyung smiled and nodded.

“Is there a reason you’re here?” Rome asked. “Can’t I see how my boyfriend’s doing?” Jaekyung pouted. Rome chuckled and kissed her cheek. “Of course you can.” Jaekyung giggled and turned her body so that she was sitting on his lap like little kids sitting on Santa Claus’s lap.

“Do you want to go somewhere with me this weekend?” Jaekyung asked. “Where’s that?” Rome arched a brow. “It’s nothing bad, I can promise you that.” “This weekend?” Jaekyung nodded.

Without hesitation, Rome nodded in agreement. “I’d love to go.” “Great!” Jaekyung clapped. “Make sure you’re awake by eight thirty on Saturday morning because we have to be there by nine, okay?”

“Eight thirty? But that’s so early.” Rome groaned, pouting. “Oh come on, you wait up early on the weekdays. Waking up early on a Saturday won’t hurt.” Jaekyung pinched the tip of his nose, lightly. “But I want to sleep in though. You know I haven’t gotten enough sleep lately.” “Well then, that’s your problem not mines.” Jaekyung giggled and got out of Rome’s arms, but was to only be pulled back.

“Barom!” Jaekyung squealed. Rome chuckled and buried his face in the crock of her neck. He planted a kiss on her shoulder. Jaekyung squirmed in his arms. “Since I have to wake up early this Saturday, shouldn’t I get a treat or something?” Rome puckered up his lips with his eyes closed.

Jaekyung gently tapped his lips, causing Rome to open his eyes. “Jaekyung-ah~” He whined. “You got your treat, so stop complaining.” Jaekyung laughed. “That was nothing. you just tapped my lips. I wanted a kiss.” Rome wailed.

Jaekyung clucked her tongue at her childish boyfriend. “I didn’t know Yu Barom had this side to him.” She mused. “I do, now give me a kiss.” Rome puckers his lips again. Jaekyung shook her head and pushed him away, getting out of his arms.

“Dinner’s ready!” She called, leaving his room. “Yah!” Rome quickly chased after her.

---------

Saturday came quickly. Jaekyung and Rome were in the car driving to the orphanage. Although, Rome had no idea where they were going because Jaekyung wouldn’t tell him a single thing.

 “Come on just one thing?” Rome held up a finger. Jaekyung shook her head, “No. Just keep driving. We’re almost there.” The latter perked up, “Really?” “Yeah, just turn the corner here and go straight.” Jaekyung instructed. “Yes ma’am!” Rome saluted and continued driving.

When they reached the end of the road, there was a big building in front of them.

“Welcome to Seoul Orphanage.” Rome read then abruptly turned to Jaekyung, who unclasped her seatbelt. “Orphanage?!”

Jaekyung looked up at him and nodded. “Yup, you’ll love it here. Now let’s go.” She got out of the car. Rome followed a suit.

“Ahjumma! Ahjusshi!” Jaekyung called, stepping into the double doors. A late-thirty year old woman came rushing to the lobby. “Omo. Jaekyung-ah!” Mrs. Oh beamed, engulfing Jaekyung into a hug.

They pulled apart, holding hands. “Ahjumma, how are you doing? I’m sorry for not coming here more often.” Jaekyung pouted. Mrs. Oh smiled. “Everything is fine, Jaekyung-ah. Its okay, you must be busy with work. Didn’t Mr. Oh and I tell you not to come too often because we don’t want you to miss work?” Mrs. Oh scolded.

“Aigoo,” Jaekyung hugged Mrs. Oh. “Ahjumma, how can I resist not coming here? I love this place.” “Jaekyung-ah, you’re such a sweetheart.” Mrs. Oh wrapped her arms around Jaekyung.

“Welcome back, Jaekyung-ah.” Mr. Oh greeted. Jaekyung looked up and beamed, “Ahjusshi.” She detached herself from Mrs. Oh and went to hug Mr. Oh.

“How was moving in?” He asked when they pulled away. “Easy. Ahjusshi, I told you I was able to handle it by myself.” Jaekyung smiled. Mr. Oh chuckled and patted her shoulder. The older man shifted his gaze to Rome.

“Hello.” Rome bowed to Mr. and Mrs. Oh. “Who are you?” Mrs. Oh asked. Jaekyung skipped over to Rome and linked arms with him. “Ahjumma, ahjusshi, this is Barom.” She introduced.

“It’s nice to meet you guys.” Rome bowed. Mr. Oh chuckled and held out a hand. Rome shook his hand. “Young man, can I ask what your relationship with Jaekyung is?” Mr. Oh asked. “Oh, um,” Rome looked over at Jaekyung, who shrugged, giggling. “I’m Jaekyung’s housemate…and boyfriend.”

“Boy…friend?” Mr. and Mrs. Oh looked over at Jaekyung, who bite her lip and nodded. “Well then, please take care of Jaekyung for us. She’s like a daughter to us.” Mrs. Oh grabbed Rome’s hand and gave it a squeeze.

Rome nodded in assurance. “I will ahjumma.” Mr. Oh clasped a hand over Rome’s shoulder with a smile. “Take good care of her. She may be stubborn, but you’ll get used to get. She’s a treasure.” Rome smiled, “I will.”

The latter turned to Jaekyung and grabbed her hand, giving it a squeeze. Jaekyung gave him a genuine smile before turning to Mrs. Oh. “Ahjumma, where are-”

“Jaekyung noona/unnie!” Voices called. Jaekyung turned around and beamed, “Kids!”

The kids and Jaekyung ran towards each other. Jaekyung gave each of them hugs. “Jaekyung noona, you haven’t been visiting us.” A five year old boy pouted. “Aigoo, sorry Mason.” Jaekyung crouched down and ruffled his hair.

“Unnie!” A high-pitch voice squealed. Jaekyung turned to her right and opened her arms, “Ilayda!” The three year old went running into Jaekyung’s open arms. “Unnie, I miss you.” Ilayda snuggled into Jaekyung’s chest.

Aigoo, unnie missed you too.” Jaekyung picked up the three year old. “Where’s Alyena, hmm?” “Right here, unnie.” Alyena smiled, raising her hand. Jaekyung smiled. “How have you been, Alyena?” “I’m good unnie.”

Jaekyung lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter