First Dinner

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After making the agreement, Jaekyung and Rome began to move in their things. Both of them minded their own business and brought in their own things.

They would glance at each other once in a while, but minded their business.

 

“Oh my goodness I can’t believe in I’m to be living with someone like him.” Jaekyung mumbled casting a glance towards Rome, who also glanced her way. She gasped and quickly looked away scurrying towards her room.

Rome let out a small chuckle before continuing to his room, which was diagonal from Jaekyung’s.

 

Jaekyung let out a sigh of relief when she was safely inside her room. “That was close.” She mumbled with a hand over her pounding heart. Jaekyung shook her head and straightened herself before leaving her room and continue bringing in her possessions.

As she stepped out of her room, Jaekyung bumped into a chest.

“Oof.” Jaekyung stumbled back a step. An arm wrapped around her waist to prevent her from falling.

Jaekyung’s eyes were tightly shut when someone asked, “Are you okay?” She slowly opened her eyes to see a handsome face. “Are you okay?” Rome asked again. Jaekyung blinked and cleared awkwardly stepping out of his grip. “Yeah, I’m fine.” She replied. Rome eyed her, shrugged, and left.

Jaekyung heaved a sigh of relief with a hand over her chest when Rome left. “Oh my, that was embarrassing.” She lightly hit her head. “Aigoo, Han Jaekyung be more careful.” With one last deep breath, Jaekyung headed out to her car to get the rest of her things.

For the next few hours, Jaekyung and Rome continued to bring in their things and unpack.

Apparently, Rome had ordered a living room set of couches, refrigerator, dining table, stove, and washing machines. The movers had moved in all those items and Jaekyung was at awe. She hadn’t quite thought that far ahead yet. Well, actually Jaekyung wanted to take her time moving in, but now that she was to live with someone else, it was a different story.

Rome looked around and smiled. He was proud of himself that the furniture, refrigerator, dining table, and washing machines went well with the condo. However, what he loved most was Jaekyung’s expression.

He could tell by her ‘awed’ expression that she was surprised. It made him happy that he thought of something before Jaekyung did. Even though he has only known her for almost a day, he could tell that Jaekyung is a smart girl.

When they finished unpacking (or at least almost), it was already seven p.m. The two of them were hungry, but when they went to the kitchen to eat something, there was no food!

Jaekyung groaned tiredly, “We forgot about food.” Rome looked over at her when his stomach suddenly growled. Jaekyung turned to him and arched a brow. Rome quickly covered his abdomen and looked away like nothing happened. Jaekyung shook her head in amusement and headed towards the stairs.

“Where are you going?” Rome asked following her. Jaekyung glanced back at him and replied, “Market.” “Market?”

She nodded, proceeding up the stairs to her room. Rome stood there still dumbfounded.

In a couple of minutes, Jaekyung came down with her wallet and cell phone in hand. She headed towards the front door with Rome following her. She slipped on her shoes and looked up at Rome.

“I’ll be right back.” Jaekyung said opening the door. “But it’s dark outside. Aren’t you scared?” Rome questioned. Jaekyung looked back him and shook her head, “No, I’ll be fine. Just stay here and be good.” Jaekyung stepped out and was about to close the door when a hand stopped it.

The door widened revealing Rome putting on his shoes. “I’m coming with you.” He declared. Jaekyung blinked at him then shook her head. “I don’t think so.”

Rome straightened up, smoothing his shirt. “Why can’t I come?” He asked looking at her. Jaekyung rested a hand on her hip and eyed Rome from head to toe. “I don’t need you.” She simply answered.

“I don’t care, I’m coming whether you like it or not.” Rome pushed past her and out the door. Jaekyung turned around and faced him with an ‘are-you-kidding-me’ expression. “What? Are you not coming?” Rome asked. Jaekyung heaved a sigh, locked the door, and headed to her car with Rome following her of course.

Jaekyung unlocked her car and got in the driver’s side. Rome opened the passenger side and slid into the seat. Jaekyung turned to him and blinked at him. “You’re really coming?” She asked. Rome hummed nodding in response bulking his seatbelt. “Okay.” Jaekyung shrugged and started the engine.

----

“What are you doing?” Jaekyung hissed, snatching away the magazine in Rome’s hand. He looked at her and blinked, “What?”

Jaekyung rolled her eyes and put the magazine back in its place. “You came here to help, not to read a magazine.” She looked at Rome, who had his eyebrows connected in puzzlement. Jaekyung blew a raspberry, grabbed his wrist, and pulled him towards the cart that was barely full.

“Push the cart and follow me.” Jaekyung instructed. “But-” Rome began. “No buts. You came her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter