"Every time you scream at me... I wanna kiss you"

When You're Mad

Kim Jonghyun is not like other men. He’s different from other men in many ways; he has flawless looks, amazing talent, intelligence, a funny and warm personality, a respectable career and the most ravishing man in the world as his lover.

 

But one thing that most people don’t know about this poster boy for living a perfect life is his rather unusual .

 

When his boyfriend is furious, cursing, throwing things and insulting him during an argument… he doesn’t have the expected reaction.

 

You would probably expect that he’d yell and curse back while being angry about them arguing… but not Jonghyun.

 

Kim Jonghyun finds his gorgeous boyfriend, Kim Kibum, to be more attractive, alluring and beautiful than he’s ever seen him during a fight. He feels like he’s never been more by Key than he is when they have an argument, however scarce those arguments are.

 

Yes, Kim Jonghyun finds his boyfriend to be more appealing and desirable when he’s extremely pissed and his patience is hanging on a thread, than he is when he’s his usual calm, sweet, caring self… much like tonight.

 

I'm sorry, but seeing you mad is so y…

 

 

****      ****      ****      ****      ****

 

 

 

“YAH!! KIM JONGHYUN, WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?! I KNOW THAT YOU’RE BIUAL AND ALL THAT BUT I’M YOUR FREAKING BOYFRIEND, YOU BASTARD!!” Key screamed at Jonghyun while throwing his fashion magazines in the basket next to the sofa.

 

“I know you’re my boyfriend Key, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t look” Jonghyun tried to reason with his beyond furious boyfriend. ‘God, he is so damn fine when he screams at me like that, I just want to take him right here and now’, Jonghyun thought while examining Key’s shapely body and his lips.

 

“YES THE HELL IT DOES MEAN YOU CAN’T LOOK, ESPECIALLY NOT IN FRONT OF ME, YOU IDIOT!!” Key reprimanded Jonghyun for his behavior three hours before, Jonghyun’s current actions going unnoticed by the infuriated Kibum.

 

******** Earlier That Night ********

 

  

  Since Jonghyun and Key got back to their shared apartment after going out to dinner, Key had been screaming at him the entire time about looking at another woman.

 

The woman that was seated at a table close to the couple’s in the fancy French restaurant was making eyes at Jonghyun, in a not-so-discreet way, throughout their time at the restaurant. And Jonghyun, being the , stupid bastard that he is did not have a problem in indulging the beautiful, flirtatious, long-haired, leggy woman… while Key fumed in his seat across from the oblivious dinosaur look alike. 

 

What really pissed Key off and made him want to strangle his boyfriend right then and there was the fact that Jonghyun never tried to avoid her gaze or make it obvious that he and Key were more than just friends or acquaintances.

 

It went way too far for Key though when he excused himself to the restroom before the waiter brought dessert back to their table. During the time Key was not at the table, the ty tramp had the utter nerve to come over to sit down and ‘chat’ (more like hit on him shamelessly) with Jonghyun since he was alone.

 

As Key exited the impeccably clean men’s restroom and walked down the hall towards the dining area of the restaurant, he completely stopped in his tracks at the sight before him. The woman was moving her hand sensually up and down his Jonghyun’s strong biceps while his boyfriend talked and laughed with her and Key felt his y-diva side kick in instantly.

 

When Key’s diva side comes out people are taken aback by his attitude.

 

When his y side kicks in people are usually too frightened to talk to him or even look at him.

 

But when his y and diva sides activate at the same time… all hell breaks loose. 

 

 

Key wasted no time storming up to the table where the two were talking to each other so intimately. Jonghyun noticed him as soon as he got close to the table and quickly pushed the woman’s hand away from his arm when Key towered above the both of them.

 

Key stared the woman down with a menacing glare, “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” he said to her bluntly, his voice laced with malicious intent.

 

The woman looked up at Key in surprise, “I was trying to get your handsome friend’s number but he isn’t budging. Is there a problem?” She replied totally oblivious to how dangerously close she was to the edge of Key’s short temper.

 

“Well, didn’t you think that maybe he hasn’t given you his number because he isn’t interested in you and wants you to get the away from this table?” Key said matter-of-factly through gritted teeth.

 

“Kibummie… calm down, okay?” Jonghyun pleaded to Key, hoping that Key wouldn’t do something he’d regret in the middle of the restaurant.

 

Don’t you Kibummie me. I’ll deal with you later.” Key warned slowly; his voice laced with extreme anger while he pointed his delicate, well-manicured index finger in Jonghyun’s face.

 

The woman plastered a cocky smirk on her face, watching the exchange between the two men. Determined to not be affected by Key’s rude statement she said, “How would you know that he isn’t interested in me? He certainly seemed to be pretty interested the entire night and just now when we were having a pleasant conversation before you interrupted, or didn’t you notice?”

 

“Well, Jonghyun is just too nice and polite for his own good.” Key said with a sickly sweet grin as he gripped Jonghyun’s shoulder painfully tight, “Aren’t you, Jonghyun?”

 

Jonghyun grimaced at the amount of pressure Key’s hand was putting on his shoulder; it was almost as if Key was trying to crush his shoulder blade. ‘, this plan better be worth it or he’s going to kill me.’ Jonghyun thought.

 

He knew that when Key calls him by his full name that means he’s pissed. “Yes, yes, I am a little too nice, he’s right.” Jonghyun responded quickly in a strained voice, trying to keep his obvious discomfort off of his face.

 

The woman’s gaze flickered between the two men and she gathered up the little bit of courage she had left, which had diminished greatly, to respond to Key’s accusation. “Whether he’s interested in me or not is not any of your concern, it’s between me and him and I don’t think Jonghyun has had any objections so far about me being here.”

 

Key scoffed in annoyance with this persistent woman’s false confidence. He leaned over in her direction and pressed his palms flat against the simple white, cotton table cloth retaliating quickly, “Actually, , who Jonghyun’s interested in or not definitely is my business and I suggest you leave before things get ugly.” He said with a look of pure anger and disgust on his face.

 

Jonghyun noticed that Key was holding himself back tremendously and he wondered where Key suddenly got all of this self-control from. Whenever someone hit on Jonghyun, Key was a lot more aggressive about the situation but maybe this had to do with the fact that they were in public and his opponent was a woman this time.

 

The woman visibly deflated because of Key’s snappy comeback and her face even showed a look of fear but out of foolish pride she tried to out- the master… only to fail miserably. “Well, since you seem to know everything, if he isn’t interested in me then who is he interested in, huh?” She asked smugly.

 

Key gave her his most intimidating smirk, which succeeded in wiping the woman’s smug smile off of her face immediately. Without being noticed by either Jonghyun or the woman, he grabbed the full, untouched glass of water that was sitting in front of his empty plate and harshly threw the water and ice in her face. Causing the thick mascara she applied to smear and run down her face leaving black lines behind.

 

“HE’S INTERESTED IN ME!!! HE’S NOT MY FRIEND, HE’S MY BOYFRIEND YOU STUPID, LOW-RATE, HOMEWRECKING !! I SUGGEST YOU OFF BEFORE I RIP ALL OF THAT PRETTY HAIR OUT OF YOUR HEAD BY THE ROOT!!” Key shouted loudly, causing the entire restaurant to quiet down and watch the scene that was playing out before them.

 

The woman looked to be completely appalled at what she had just been subjected to and on the verge of tears, she never thought that hitting on a good-looking man would cause all of this to happen.

 

But Key didn’t feel sorry for the woman one bit, he thought the brought it on herself for hitting on his man. Her crocodile tears – that began cascading down her foundation and powder-packed cheeks (that also began to run) – did little to make him feel any compassion either.

 

“Let’s go, Jonghyun.” Key said, as he passed the stunned customers and headed for the main entrance of the silent restaurant.

 

The woman stupidly looked to Jonghyun – who was getting his and Key’s jackets from the empty chair – like he would defend or help her. But to her shock, he just smiled and shrugged his shoulders about his boyfriend’s behavior before trailing the tall blonde’s lead out the restaurant door.

 

Jonghyun smirked in satisfaction when his plan worked perfectly (although he felt a little badly for the woman that became a victim of Key’s fury); following behind Key like an excited puppy as Key swiftly and gracefully left the restaurant.

 

Key was just too easy, he would become emotional so quickly when Jonghyun flirted with someone else and Jonghyun used that knowledge to his advantage.

 

 

He knew that what he just did was a little mean to both that woman – who really seemed to like him, and to his boyfriend, but in the end he comforted himself with the phrase, ‘all’s fair in love and war’.

 

Jonghyun left the French restaurant with the most ridiculous grin on his puppysaur face expecting to be extensively yelled at by an enraged Key and hopefully make up with some passionate, angry … just the way he liked it.

 

Baby, don't think I don't take you seriously but…

I just can't help the fact that your attitude excites me.
You know ain't nothing better than when we get mad together

And have angry … I'll blow you out

 

****   ****   ****   ****   ****

 

“Look, Key, please calm down. You know I didn’t really want her, you’re the only one for me baby and you know that.” Jonghyun tried coaxing his boyfriend into relaxing about the incident at the restaurant, but it didn’t really work that well.

 

“THAT’S BULL, JONGHYUN!!! You don’t even understand how stuff like what you did tonight makes me feel, do you?! It makes me think that I’m not enough for you and you have to go looking for someone else to please you.” Key said, exposing his vulnerability and insecurities to Jonghyun along with his ever present anger.


That statement and display of insecurity about their relationship made him feel like the biggest idiot in the world. He didn’t realize that his stupid games would really affect Key the way that they did, he was thoroughly ashamed of the plan that he put in action.

 

“Kibum, that is completely ridiculous and you know it. I have never – in my whole 25 years of life – seen someone that is as amazing, beautiful, smart and talented as you. There is nothing else that I could ever want and you certainly don’t have to worry about not being enough for me because you are more than enough, you’ve exceeded my expectations.”

 

“Sometimes I find myself wondering how I got so lucky as to have such a perfect person love me as much as I love them.” Jonghyun said, laying on all of his sappy feelings for Key rather thick because he wanted to make sure that Key understood exactly how much he meant to him.

 

“Yeah, that’s all fine and good but don’t think that your little speech will get you out of the dog house that easily.” Key responded, trying to keep his composure and not let himself be affected by Jonghyun’s sweet words.

 

“Oh… really. Then what can I do to make you happy and not mad at me anymore?” Jonghyun asked guiltily.

 

“You have to do whatever I tell you to do all week. That’s the only thing that will make me forgive you.” Key answered stubbornly.

 

“Of course, anything.” Jonghyun said quickly, willing to do anything in his power to change his Bummie’s mind and make him smile again.

 

But what Key said next was not something that the older man would have ever expected.

 

“Tonight though……… you have to let me top.” Key said in his mischievous voice, crossing his arms and smirking at Jonghyun’s startled expression.

 

NO. WAY. IN. HELL!!! I DO NOT BOTTOM!!!” Jonghyun yelled so loudly, Key had to cover his ears. He recoiled at how angry Jonghyun’s voice was at the prospect of Key dominating him.

 

“Alright fine, since you absolutely refuse to do that. Do you have a compromise to suggest because either way… I WILL be on top.”  Key stated, making Jonghyun unable to avoid the topic.

 

Jonghyun took his time thinking of what would satisfy Key while not giving up his manly pride. When he thought of his solution, he smirked when he imagined one of his greatest fantasies coming true.

 

“I want you to ride me, Keybaby.” Jonghyun said with a silly grin plastered on his erted face.

 

Key looked at Jonghyun like he had lost his mind, a deer-caught-in-headlights expression on his face. But when he really thought about it, this was the only option that would make both of them happy.

 

“Well, I think that can be arranged.” He said seductively; walking over to Jonghyun, he pushed him roughly against the wall (catching Jonghyun off guard), and wrapped his thin arms around his boyfriend’s neck.

 

“Really, well, I can’t wait to see what you can do, kitten.” Jonghyun replied looking deep into Key’s striking, brown, feline eyes.

 

Key just smiled that exquisite smile that lit up his whole face, as Jonghyun wrapped his large, muscled arms securely around Key’s tiny waist and kissed him desperately.

 

They kissed passionately all night long...

 

They kissed up against the wall by the kitchen.

 

They kissed when Jonghyun lifted him and positioned Key’s long, y legs around his waist.

 

They kissed as Jonghyun walked them towards their shared bedroom.

 

They kissed as Jonghyun lovingly placed him on the comfortable, plush, king-sized bed.

 

And they kissed as they had hot, steamy beneath their Egyptian cotton sheets… their lips never separating from each other’s. Their mouths molded together in perfect harmony, completely indulging themselves in the others sweet familiar taste.

 

Key felt like their lips were made to fit together, like two pieces of the same puzzle, and they were able to easily move at a steady rhythm. Key became completely intoxicated with the taste of Jonghyun’s talented mouth, and moaned at the mere feel of his lips and tongue all over his sensitive body.

 

During those precious moments with his beloved, Jonghyun was certain that no one would ever be able to take his incredible boyfriend’s place in his heart because Key is his everything.

 

He felt like the luckiest man on the planet but he promised himself to never tell Key that what Key thought was his worst quality, was the one that he loved the most because…

 

Every time you scream at me, I wanna kiss you

Baby, I don't know why it's like that but you're just so damn y…


WHEN YOU’RE MAD

 

 

 


 

 

A/N: Hey people!! I hope you enjoyed this fluffy JongKey oneshot!!! I did this as sort of an apology to anyone who is subscribed to or planned on reading my chaptered JongKey fic, Drive Me Crazy (if you haven’t seen the forward, please check it out). I initially planned to write this oneshot in November but got lazy and now it’s out at the end of January… I know I’m a horrible author. I hope that this story came out to be a little bit funny and y as well as fluffy because I don’t really do y and funny that well, LOL! Anyway, anyone that’s subscribed to my JongKey story, I promise to have the first 2 or 3 chapters out sometime in February (since my university is trying to kill me), so look out for that :D Please tell me what you thought about this oneshot in the comments, I’m not very sure about the conclusion since I kinda rushed it *sheepish smile*.

Excuse any grammar and spelling errors that may be in the text and DO NOT plagiarize my work!! Please comment and subscribe, and let me know what I need to work on in the future when writing a one-shot or chaptered story (Please be kind, I’m still a newbie :D).

 

Thank you so much for reading!!! <3

 

*NOTE: the bold words in the one-shot are slightly modified lyrics - to fit the story - from the inspired song which is located - in full - in the forward. Everyone (possibly) mentioned or talked about that is not a SHINee member is an OC and made up by me. S/A/N means – Story Author’s Note.