Notes

Table For Two

[Narrator's POV]

HaeSoon shook her head as she sat in the small coffee shop. She was a writer that hadn't come up with a new story in a year. She couldn't write a story, half a story, a chapter, or even a page that she was pleased with. Every day she would sit in the same a table, a table for two, and every time would sit in the same chair while leaving the chair across empty.

"Hey, have you eaten anything this whole day?" HaeSoon looked up to see her friend YeJin. Byun YeJin had been HaeSoon's best friend ever since they were little, even though YeJin was two years older.

"I ate a little." HaeSoon quietly lied. YeJin shook her head as she gave an unconvinced sigh.

"BaekHyun told me that you got here a little after he opened the shop at eight. He also said you only ordered coffee." YeJin and BaekHyun had been married for a year and owned the Coffee 4 Us coffee shop in Seoul. HaeSoon innocently shrugged her shoulders as YeJin pinched HaeSoon's arm before walking away. "I'll see if the chef can quickly make something for you."

HaeSoon looked at the small coffee shop wall clock and sighed when she read four o'clock. Time was moving too fast for HaeSoon as she looked at her empty notebook.

"How's the writing going little one?" HaeSoon rolled her eyes as she looked at Wu Fan, aka her other close friend nicknamed Kris.

"I'm only three years younger than you." Kris ruffled HaeSoon's hair as he wrapped his arms around her while she stayed still in her seat.

"You can do it little one." Kris gave a small chuckle as he knew that HaeSoon always froze when it came to skinship with anyone. "I believe in you." He whispered in her ear before letting go of her and going back to work. Kris worked as the business manager at Coffee 4 Us. It seemed like all of HaeSoon's friends worked at the small coffee shop YeJin and BaekHyun owned.

"Eat up!" YeJin winked as she placed a vegetarian sandwhich, chocolate chip cookie, and a medium cup of HaeSoon's usual coffee on HaeSoon's table. "It seems like the chef made it personally for you." HaeSoon stuck her tongue out at YeJin as YeJin laughed while walking back to the cash register to help a customer waiting to order. HaeSoon looked down at the sandwhich to see a small note scribbled and attached to the plate.

If you ever feel like taking a break from being an amazing writer, visit me here in the kitchen.

I'll make you more food if you're still hungry.

I'll be waiting :)

- Zhang Yixing (Lay!)

HaeSoon blushed as she read Yixing's note and quickly put it in her bag to keep. She ripped a paper from her notebook, folded it into a crane then wrote a few words on the wing.

"Kim JoonMyeon!" The waiter excused himself from the table he was serving and walked over to HaeSoon.

"Hey, what's up? Suho at your service Ms. HaeSoon! Wait, let me guess!  A note for Yixing? Our famous Lay?" HaeSoon nodded as she handed the oragami crane to JoonMyeon, the waiter nicknamed Suho. "You owe me again for passing notes to your boyfriend for you." He teased.

"This isn't Junior High! And he's not my boyfriend!" Suho gave a teasing smirk before walking to the kitchen.

"Zhang Yixing Lay, a note from your girlfriend!" Suho teased the chef.

"Shut up, she's not my girlfriend." Yixing tried to hide his red face from the teasing waiter as he grabbed the note.

"Aren't you a little old to be passing notes?" Suho continued to bug the other.

"Go serve tables." Yixing firmly pointed to the kitchen exit.

"Yea, yea, I'm going." Suho laughed before leaving the kitchen. Once Suho left Yixing quickly read the neatly written note on the crane's wing.

I'll be sure to visit before I leave today! You're the best and thanks for making my

favorite sandwhich! I'm sure I won't be hungry, but I'll remember your words

just in case I'm still hungry. Have fun in the kitchen!

- Jung HaeSoon ~ :]

HaeSoon stared at her empty notebook one more time before closing it and eating her sandwhich. She knew she had a long way to go.