The Cheshire's Smirk

The Cheshire's Smirk

 

        Yet sly and mischievous, this cat like person had fallen too hard for someone he can't have. He knows this but he doesn't care. He believes it is impossible to find someone else to love other than that one person. The one he loves is named Luhan.

 

 

       This cat goes by the name of Kai. Otherwise short for Kim Jongin. He loved this wonderful march hare. To Kai, he was the most extraordinary of all the citizens in wonderland. A beauty, a wonder, he would say to you.

 

 

       Every time they saw each other, Kai's clock would tick a little faster than usual. And the ticking would get louder that it makes him cringe and wonder what it is wrong. Sometimes, he thinks he's about to die and that his clock was ticking like a time bomb. Or perhaps it was his mind playing tricks on him.

 

 

        “I love you, Luhan,” he would whisper to the winds and hope that maybe, Luhan will hear his confession. However, he knows it's too good to be true.

 

 

        There are times where he would invite himself to the Mad Hatter's tea parties. Luhan is quite scared of Kai, to be honest. And anyone could see that because he would yell, “The cat is going to eat me!” Kai would shake his head, knowing that he would never do that to Luhan. But perhaps he would do so to the dormouse. Maybe..

 

 

        Sadly, whenever he did attend these parties, he could see the love tension between Sehun, the mad hatter, and Luhan. It disheartened him. His clock would feel heavier than usual and feel out of place. It was as if it would break at any moment.

 

 

        When leaving the parties, his shoulders would sag and he would wear a sad frown. But when facing others, he would put on a smirk. One to fool you that he was doing fine. He wore it often around Luhan but underneath it, one could see that there was a smile. Just a small tug one.

 

 

        This cat loves riddles. Any riddle he can find. He would repeat it over and over again until he found a new one.

 

 

       He once said to Luhan, “What causes a sudden increase, a loss of memory and overall brain function, but is not a drug?”

 

 

        No one knows the answer and the funny thing is, he only said this riddle to Luhan once. Just once and never again. No matter how many times, Luhan asked for him to repeat it and give him the answer to it.

 

 

       Sometimes, you can see Kai sitting on top of a branch of a green tree. He would gaze out and everything surrounding him just wasn't there. If you had a heart, it would be beating like mad because he would look so handsome. His brown hair in a mess that made him look badass. He wore a collar around his neck. Cat ears on top of his head and a nice tail along with it. In a way, he looked cute, handsome and everything at the same time.

 

 

        There were days where you could catch him in coffee shops nibbling on biscuits and stirring cups of coffee, absentmindedly. His gaze would be towards a wall and sometimes, he would have a tiny smile but then drop it when he looks around to see if anyone caught him. He is most likely thinking of Luhan and all the many wonderful things about him.

 

 

       Love is wonderful, isn't it? O, the many things love makes you do and want to do.

 

 

       A beauty, a wonder, is the way I would describe him. I just wish he would love me the same way he loves Luhan.

 

 

       Thank you for reading about the man I love. Perhaps, in the future, he would love me. I guess you would call me a hopeless romantic. One that could be found nibbling on cheese and reading love novels. Maybe, prince charming will sweep me off my feet.

 

 

       Then maybe we will go on dates. And if Kai was my prince charming, then maybe we would go to the aquarium and he would be so interested in the fishes that he will forget about me. But that's okay because maybe then I would be able to his smiles and his eyes widen. There's a chance he would be screaming at them and trying to claw at them too. But that's okay. To me, he is a perfect cat.

 

 

       I love him and if I have to wait for him, then that is okay. Because love is strong, right?