Castle on a cloud

The Story Of How I died

"I know a place where no one's lost

 I know a place where no one cries

 Crying at all is not allowed

 Not in my castle on a cloud."- Les Miserables, Castle On A Cloud

*24 years ago*

Young Chaerin and her mother lived together in a small 1 bedroom apartment. It was small, but it was cozy, filled with little bits of love. Tonight, they went through the same ritual they would always do; to sit against the bay window of their apartment and Chaerin's mother would tell her bedtime stories. Chaerin loved it, and she would always anticipate this part of the day as her mother would tell a different story each night.

Tonight, the older woman told an interesting story of a girl who lived on a cloud. This girl had a castle which she built upon a cloud. Children were free to play, and did not need to do housework. It was a place with hundreds of toys, a paradise for children to live. It was a place without sadness, pain and crying. 

As the older woman wrapped up the story, the lucky star decided to fall onto the skies of Seoul. 

"Look Chaerin! Quick grant a wish!" The older woman squealed in excitement as she pointed at the falling star.

"Why Eomma?" The little girl asked curiously.

"That fallen star would grant your wishes if you are sincere about them!" The older woman explained.

Both the pair quickly clasped their hands together and forcefully closed their eyes. Each of them muttered their own prayer to themselves.

After doing so, Chaerin and her mother felt a sudden gush of hope in their lives. It was a peaceful feeling, a feeling the older woman never felt for a very long time. The pair eventually fell asleep on each other peacefully. That was by far the most memorable night , the little girl thought.

*Present*

Today Chaerin is 30 years old. She had almost everything she wanted. A mansion (http://data.whicdn.com/images/50761449/tumblr_mh7d5vm9pm1qgps7xo1_500_large.png) far away from humanity. She lived alone as she had formed a certain kind of barrier that prevents her from forming human relationships. Her heart felt empty. She greatly missed those times where she would spend time with her mother. Although they lived in a shabby 1 bedroom apartment, she felt whole and at ease. 

Chaerin bought a small slice of cake and a candle. She gently placed the little pink candle on the top of the tiny slice of strawberry cake.  She placed her birthday cake on the bay window and sat there to watch the stars ossilate. 

"Happy Birthday to me. Happy birthday to me.." Chaerin sang softly, even the mice couldn't hear what she was singing about. 

As soon as she finished the song, that lucky star of Chaerin's suddenly shone so brightly.

"Woah that star" Chaerin said in awe, as she saw that star sparkle in the night sky.

Suddenly, that star fell onto the earth with a glowy light. She immediately clasped her hands and forcefully closed her eyes.

"Oh Lucky Star, I pray that I would be that girl on the castle of clouds. To be happy . To feel no pain, sadness and lonliness. To be play with the hundreds of children on that cloud...."

That was the same prayer she prayed silently in her heart 24 years ago. As she finished that prayer, a sudden gush of hope refilled her life again. It was something she longed to have for the past 24 years. 

At first she wondered why this feeling came back to her again. Was that the magical power of the star? Whatever that feeling was , she hoped it would stay in her heart forever.

Author's Note:

2nd chapter! Yay! I hope you guys liked the story so far:) Palli Palli support me by subscribing! I love you guys so much *Author nim throws conffetti*

lots of love,

Alicia;)