Be Mine

Be Mine

 

I pulled on Woohyun’s bowtie to give it the perfect shape, but my hand accidently slipped and flew right to his face. Less than a few seconds passed before I heard a soft groan. I curiously looked up at him; he placed his hand over his nose and rubbed it slowly.

‘’That hurt.’’, he mumbled.

‘’Oh, really?’’, I let out an embarrassed laugh. ‘’I’m sorry.’’

His lips curled into a grin. ‘’I think a kiss would make it bett—‘’

‘’No.’’, I cut him off, continuing to arrange his bowtie. ‘’You’re supposed to kiss the bride, not me.’’, I glared at him.

‘’But you haven’t even seen the bride yet.’’, he pouted.

‘’It’s not my fault that you haven’t presented her to me yet. You just came to me a few days earlier and told me you were getting married. I thought we were best friends, why didn’t you tell me you were seeing someone?’’, I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, obviously not pleased with the sudden news.

Woohyun bit his bottom lip before replying to me, ‘’I wanted to keep it a surprise...’’

I rolled my eyes at him and dusted off his black tux. At the same time, someone came in the room holding a gorgeous wedding dress. Pearls and diamonds enchanted the upper part of the dress, and the bottom looked stunningly beautiful. My jaw dropped as I followed the dress with my eyes, not able to look away.

The man placed the dress on the table and walked away, closing the door behind him.

‘’Do you want to try it on?’’, I hear my best friend say with a slight chuckle.

‘’O-Oh but, I wouldn’t...’’

‘’Don’t worry, the bride’s not here yet, and I don’t think she’d mind.’’, he replied with a shrug.

Woohyun hurried over the table and gave me the dress. My eyes were still locked on it; it was sparkling with flawlessness. He pushed me in a corner and turned his back towards me.

‘’Go on, wear it. I’m not looking.’’

I nodded and took off my clothes, quickly slipping into the dress. I was shaking with excitement since I’ve never felt so beautiful before. ‘’Zip it up for me.’’, I tell him as I tap on his shoulder.

Woohyun turned around, his eyes widened with amazement. ‘’You’re gorgeous..’’

‘’You’re supposed to keep those words for your bride.’’, I say as I roll my eyes with a giggle.

A small smirk appeared on his lips, zipping up my dress. ‘’Yeah, my bride.’’, he said with a slightly sarcastic tone.

He pulled me in front of the big mirror. I let out a gasp – the dress fit me perfectly. A few minutes later, Woohyun stood beside me and wrapped his arm around mine. ‘’Don’t we look cute?’’, he added.

‘’Yah, when’s your bride coming?’’

‘’Not sure, maybe we should go check outside.’’

Pulling me lightly, he opened the door and we walked out of the changing room. We passed through a few hallways before we stopped in front of two big doors.

‘’Maybe she’s waiting there.’’, he said, looking at me.

‘’Are you sure? I don’t think it’s safe to go the—‘’,

Not letting me finish my sentence, he pushed the doors open. People were already sitting on both sides, staring at us with a joyful smile. Woohyun led me to the middle of the room and looked into my eyes. Slowly, he got down on one knee and took out a small black box.

‘’Will you be my bride?’’, he asked with a shy smile.