A Man Like Me

A Man Like Me: The Series

 

            Seoul, 25 January 2013

Last schedule for today, shooting the closing of KBS Music Bank, has finished. It means, Yong Hwa and his dongsaengs can all go home and get some rest. Today has been very tiring for him, so going back to their dorm will be a great idea.

But before he goes, there is something important that he needs to do. And he has to do it now.

“Hyung, are you ready?” Min Hyuk asked Yong Hwa who was still packing his stuff inside his backpack. The changing room is almost empty. Jungshin and Jonghyun has gone out first to the parking lot.

“Oh..” Yong Hwa only glanced at Min Hyuk, “Go to the car first. I still have something to do.”

“What is it? Will you be long?” Min Hyuk grabbed his bag, ready to go.

“I won’t be long.”

“But where are you going?”

“Ya! Can’t you just wait in the car? I promise I won’t be long.” Yong Hwa looked annoyed by Min Hyuk’s nagging.

“Arrasseo.. Arrasseo..” Min Hyuk nodded. It’s useless to push Yong Hwa. If he said he won’t be long, then he won’t be long. “I’m going first, Hyung.”

“Ya, Min Hyuk-ah!” Yong Hwa called out his dongsaeng just right after he stepped outside the room, “Don’t tell manager hyung that I’m staying behind for a little bit. Just tell him that I need to go to the toilet or something. Okay?”

“Okay.” Min Hyuk nodded, and then he left.

Now, he is alone. Nobody is around so he can do his mission. Something that he wants to do since the first time they released Re:Blue and promoted the album.

He takes something out of his backpack. It’s their Re:Blue album with a card posted on it. He reads what is written on the card once again before walking out to the changing room not far from his. He needs to deliver it to somebody.

Since his destination is very close, it doesn’t need a long time for him to reach it. He can hear girls talking from inside the room, so he knows that she has not left yet. Then he starts knocking on the door.

The girls talk very loudly so they probably are not able to hear his knocking. So he tries again, one more time. This time, the voices stop and somebody is coming for the door.

It was Taeyeon.

“Oh.. Yong Hwa.. What’s up?” She looked confused, seeing Yong Hwa come to Girls’ Generation changing room without notice.

Hearing Yong Hwa’s name being mentioned by her Unnie, one particular girl, who is still changing, gets more alert. She quickly grabs her jeans and immediately wears it. She glances over at the mirror, checking her reflection. One part of her heart quietly hopes that the guy outside is actually coming to see her, while the other part laughs at her for being so silly.

“Is Seohyun here?” asked Yong Hwa.

“She is.”

“Can I talk to her for a little bit?”

“I’ll get her. Wait here.” Taeyeon smiles, closes the door, and runs inside. She leaves Yong Hwa alone outside. That guy can wait. First, she has to ask Seohyun about what happen.

Hyoyeon, who stands closer to the door, hears the question and gives Seohyun a nudge, “Ya! He’s looking for you. Are you two communicating recently?” It is obvious that Hyoyeon is very excited. As Seohyun’s roommate, she knows Seohyun a little bit better than the other members. And she is the only one who sincerely believes that both Yong Hwa and Seohyun have feelings for each other, even though none of the two admit it.

“What is he doing here, Seohyun-ah? So sudden like this.” Taeyeon urges Seohyun to answer her question.

“Who is that?” Yoona asks her maknae. She just came out of the bathroom so she does not know who is coming.

“It’s Yong Hwa.” Seohyun is still standing silently, so Yuri answers the question.

“Jinjja?! Omo! Ottohke? He’s here looking for Seohyun?” Yoona, too, is very excited.

“Of course! Do you think he’s here looking for you?” Jessica strikes Yoona with her sarcastic comment.

            “Unnie, ottohke?” Seohyun looks at Hyoyeon, asking for help.

She has been in a virtual relationship with Yong Hwa years ago. Since then, they have only talked privately once. It was a few months ago. He told her something which she could not reply. She has not said anything to him since. Their only communications are only limited to promotional activity. Like when she waved at him at today’s Music Bank’s closing.

Hyoyeon pats Seohyun on her shoulder, “It’s okay. Everything is gonna be fine.”

“I don’t know what to say, Unnie.” Seohyun looked like she is about to cry. She has never received a confession before, so when she did a few months ago, she was so confused. She did not know what to say and ended answering him with a ‘thank you’. She knew from Hyoyeon only after, that in the dating world, replying a confession with a ‘thank you’ means rejection.

Back at the door, Yong Hwa is still standing still. He taps his feet on the floor, indicating that he is indeed nervous about coming here. Then he hears footsteps coming to the door. When the door is opened, he finds Seohyun standing before him. She shows up with her bare face, already clean from the heavy make up she has from the performance. Even so, she is still looked pretty. Yong Hwa likes her better this way.

“Ah, Seohyun-ah, annyeong.” Yong Hwa waves his hand nervously. He gives her an awkward smile.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Oppa.” Seohyun replies the smile politely, “Can I help you with something?”

“Ani.. I just want to give you this.”

Seohyun looks at the Re:Blue CD that Yong Hwa gives her. It has a card on it.

 “I’m going first. Everybody is waiting for me in the car.” Says Yong Hwa after Seohyun receives the CD. Then he waves her goodbye, leaving Seohyun with an even more mixed up feeling.

*

 

To: Hyun~

I hope you enjoy our new album, like I enjoy ‘I Got a Boy’ ^^

Please listen to track 4. It’s for you. Sorry for the other day. I understand if you don’t feel the same way.

 

From: Yong~

 

Seohyun reads the card again as she listens to A Man Like Me, the song on track 4 that Yong Hwa wanted her to listen to.

Yong babo! Seohyun thought to herself.

*