Chapter One-First Encounter

Take and Teach Sensei

May 21, 2008

You finally decided. Chocolate is better than strawberry. You asked the ice cream scooper who was named Steve for a triple fudge chocolate ice cream in a cone with chocolate chip topping. Your best friend, Ailee stares at you.

"What?"you asked.

"Girl, I don't know how you do it. You can eat so much and never gain weight especially when it's chocolate. You said you don't have a sweet tooth but you eat so much chocolate."stated Ailee

"Mom said that she always had cravings for chocolate when she was pregnant with me. Maybe that's why." you shrugged.
After paying for the ice cream, Ailee and you decide to walk to the park to eat the ice cream. Suddenly her phone started ringing.
"Yeobosayo?What's wrong?Huh?Ok, I'll be there soon!"Ailee stated.
"What's wrong? Did something happen?" you asked.
"Sorry Geun-Young , but I have to go. I'll explain later ok." apologized Ailee.
"It's ok. Hurry before you get in trouble for being too slow." you said.
"Thanks! I'll see you tomorrow k!"yelled Ailee as she started running. You watched and waved bye to her till she was fading away in the distance. *Guess I'll  just have to eat my ice cream all by myself.* You went towards the swings as you finished your ice cream. You sighed. *I wished Ailee was here.* You needed to tell her that you were moving to Korea after this school year. You remembered when Ailee and you were deciding what to wear on the first day of school. You guys were starting high school, and now it's almost the end of freshman year. *I wonder what Ailee's going to say or do.* You remembered for your 15th birthday she decided that she was going to cut your hair for not attending a party with her the night before. It turned out pretty bad. Your hair was in knots and cut at a weird angle and uneven bangs. You laugh as you remembered moment. *I'm going to miss her a lot.* After reminiscing about your childhood, you decided to go home to finish packing. As you were walking, you saw a familiar face. *Isnt that Ailee, but it couldn't be her. She went home, didn't she?* You decided to approach her. *It was her.*
"Ailee?"you called. She turned. She was with a bunch of girls.
" Geun-Young, what do you want?"asked Ailee with attitude. She was wearing heavy makeup with really tight clothing that it looked like it was her skin.
"I thought you went home?"you asked.
"Well I didn't. So what do you want?"asked Ailee playing with her pink bubblegum. You hear the girls that was with Ailee giggle. You recognize the girls. They were the girls who bullied and made fun of you and Ailee when you guys were in Kindergarten. *Why would Ailee be with them?*
"Why are you with these girls? I thought you didn't like these girls. Don't you remember how they treated you and how they're still the same now?" You whispered.
"These are my friends and who are you to say that? A little Nobody, someone who has no friends and life."stated Ailee. Your vision becomes blurry. *I cant cry, oh I'm crying* so you run and run not knowing where you are and not paying attention that you bumped into a chest. (OMPF!) You look up to see a handsome Asian baby but manly face who was dressed uniquely. You apologize and started walking off but was grabbed by someone behind you. You look to see who it is. It was the man who you bumped into. *What does he want?* but then saw that his hand had something in it, a handkerchief. You started to cry even more.
"Sorry. Please don't cry. Ahhhh...what should I do?" sighed the man, rubbing his neck. People begin to bump into the both of you. He pulls you towards him on the side. He's still mumbling, and you begin to laugh at his innocence and sincere face. He starts to smile and laugh as well. You look up to him and blush. *He has such a y smile and cute laugh.*
"You laughed!! Wait why?" asked the man, looking confused. You laugh even more. He just smiled. "It doesn't matter at least your smiling and happier now, right? Are you feeling better now?" *Do I feel better?* He then pulled you. *Omo...where is he taking me?*
"Hey! Where are you taking me? You yelled. He looks at you surprised.
"So you can talk!" The man exclaimed in perfect Korean.
"Of course I can! Wait, are you Korean?" You said, surprised.
"Of course I am don't I look Korean." The man exclaimed in a childlike voice.
"You do, but I wasn't to sure. I didn't want to disrespect you in anyway."You replied, bowing. You hear snickering and then an explosion of laughter. You glance up to see him laughing his off. You scowl. He sees your face and stops.
"Sorry, it's just that you're so respectful, and I haven't been around this kind of manner in a longtime. I guess I just really miss home." The man explains in Korean, chuckling and rubbing his neck.
"I understand. If you like, you may come to my house for dinner. I must repay for your kindness to me a stranger, a nobody..." You say thinking of what Ailee had said earlier.
"Ummm I don't know. I don't want to be a bother." The man replied in Korean.
"You wouldn't." You said. *For some reason, I don't want to leave here yet.*
"Ok then. I guess I'll join you." The man answered in Korean.
When you guys got to your house, nobody was home as usual since both of your parents work late. You begin to cook dinner and tell the man to sit down while you cook dinner. 
"Huh! I can't just sit while you cook! I'll be bored! I'll help you, ok!" The man stated in Korean. You laugh.
"Ok then!" You answered. * I wonder why he's speaking Korean to me only now and not in English?* You show him what to do, you both finish dinner by 7. 
"Yum. It looks good! I haven't had homemade Korean food in such a longtime! I'm so happy! Gamsahabnida." The man said in Korean. You look at him with a surprised face.
" No thank you. I'm glad I could do something happy for you since you did something for me." You said, smiling back at him.
"Ok then we're even now! So let's eat!" The man announced. After dinner, the man helped you clean up and left. *Oma...did I just eat dinner with a stranger! I'm so stupid! I didn't even get his name! Even though he was a stranger, I felt so at ease and comfortable with him.* You smile to yourself then slap yourself. *Babo....*