I'm Yours

I'm Yours

Minho laid his head on Taemin's lap and watched as those chocolate colored eyes looked down at him. Minho closed his eyes as he felt cool slim finger begin to trace his features. They traced the lines that were beginning to show on his forehead and around his eyes. He smiled when he felt soft presses of lips follow the lines that were being traced. It was times like this that he didn't mind growing old, because he knew Taemin would always be there. He felt just fine. He listened to Taemin speak, listening close and placing each and every word into his heart. He would treasure every single one for the rest of his life. To him, Taemin's words were like pieces of art.

*

Taemin woke up to find Minho holding his wrists up to his lips and kissing them, lavishing attention on them.

"I hurt you." Taemin smiled and brought his wrists up to inspect them on his own. There were purplish marks on them, which seem to be getting darker.

"I was to rough." Minho sat up, running his hands through his brown hair. Taemin sat up with him and shook his head. He leaned over and kissed Minho on his cheek, then rested his head on Minho's shoulder.

"I liked it. If I hadn't, I would've told you to stop." Taemin pressed his lips against Minho's shoulder. Minho slid his fingers underneath Taemin's chin and tipped his head up so that he would look at him. He pressed their lips together, laying him down again and pressing him into the mattress. He wanted to show him that he wasn't a complete brute.

*

Minho listened as the voice on the other end of the line broke and stuttered out the reason for their call. He nodded, giving and affirmative sound. Taemin stood in front of him, hands clasped in front of his mouth. Taemin watched him, Minho's eyes and motions showing nothing.

"We'll be there. Goodbye." He slowly set the phone down on the receiver. A loud sharp breath was the only warning Taemin had before Minho's face crumpled. He fell to his knees, hands covering his face. Taemin went down with him. He pulled Minho into his arms and held him close. Minho wrapped his arms around his waist, his hold a bit too harsh.

"He's dead, a freaking car accident with a ing drunk driver." Taemin didn't need to know who had passed away. He knew perfectly well it was Minho's best friend. They had known each other since they had been in diapers. He held him even tighter, Minho's sobs wracking both of their bodies. He held him until Minho's cries quieted down. He kissed the top of his head and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Cry, don't hold anything in. I won't think any less of you. You'll always be the soldier in my life." Minho's body began to shake again and he held him until it seemed that Minho had cried himself dry. He pulled him up with him, leading him into their bedroom. He laid him down and covered him. He leaned down and kissed his cheek.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to make you some tea and I will begin to make the preparations for our trip to Seoul." Minho nodded, knowing that he could count on Taemin to take care of everything.

*

Minho watched as Taemin slept, his heart bursting with love. He had been with him through everything, always his pillar of strength. How could someone so young be so strong? He slowly moved Taemin's hair out of his face.

"I know that I may not look like much and that I may not always have the words to tell you how I feel. I know I'm a bit rough around the edges and sometimes I'm a bit too rough. But you'll always be the angel in my life. I'm yours."

 

-J