Chapter 1

White Confessions

 

Sungyeol is one of the light sleepers in Infinite. So when a soft singing voice filled their bedroom, Sungyeol’s eyes shot open and looked for the source of the voice. He saw Myungsoo practicing his lines for their new single this coming Christmas season. The older boy faced Myungsoo with a calm expression, obviously enjoying the sight. Myungsoo works hard to improve his singing skills. He may not be the best singer in their group, but for Sungyeol, his voice is exceptional. Sungyeol lovingly stares as Myungsoo repeat his lines over and over again, trying to nail it.

 

“Well done, Myungsoo.” Sungyeol sat up and clapped at his dongsaeng.

“Oh. Hyung, you’re awake. I didn’t mean to wake you up. Maybe I should practice in another room.” The younger boy organized the scattered music sheets on the table and stood up.

“No no no. It’s fine, I swear.” Sungyeol smiled. “I love your voice by the way. It’s so soothing.”

Myungsoo scratched the back of his head and sat beside Sungyeol. “No, it’s not that good. Sunggyu hyung and Woohyun hyung are better, though.” He looked down, chewing his bottom lip.

“I think not. Yeah, Gyu hyung and Woohyun hyung are good, but you are the best for me Myungsoo.” Sungyeol patted Myungsoo’s shoulder, lifting up his fighting spirit. “Don’t think negatively now, okay? Let’s do our best for the Inspirits.”

Myungsoo sighed, “I guess you’re right hyung. I’ll do my best. For the Inspirits.” Sungyeol nodded and lied down.

“Good night Myungsoo.” Sungyeol smiled at Myungsoo before turning off the lamp.

“Good night hyung.” Myungsoo said, secretly blushing in the dark. “Good night Dongwoo hyung.” He said at the third person in the room, asleep on another bed. As Myungsoo said good night, Dongwoo talked in his sleep, triggering laughters from the two. The two slept sound with smiles on their faces.

 

 

After the music video of their Christmas single had been released, fans have noticed the closeness of the two in their MV. Many of them assumed that the two enjoyed each other’s company and others assumed that they were dating. Little do they know that feelings are developing in the pair’s relationship with each other. Days after the release, Infinite were in their usual routine for the day. Myungsoo is in charge of taking care of Jolie. While playing with her, Jolie ran away from Myungsoo. “Jolie ya, come back!” Myungsoo chased Jolie until they reached the kitchen. Myungsoo turned his attention from Jolie and listened to a singing voice.

 

ajik jaritji ajik jaritji~

 

Myungsoo found Sungyeol singing parts of his line while cleaning the dishes. Myungsoo smiled and sat quietly by the table, staring at Sungyeol. Myungsoo swayed his head while Sungyeol sings their song. Myungsoo found himself humming in sync with Sungyeol’s singing. The older boy notices this and was surprised by the presence of his dongsaeng.

“Ya! Don’t creep on me like that.” The older waves his hands, panicking when he realizes Myungsoo had been there for a while.

“I think hyung sings better.” The younger said, smiling at his hyung. Sungyeol mentally face-palmed.

“Aish. Don’t copy what I said to you back then. Be original, you!” The older waved his hands at Myungsoo, sending soap bubbles across the room. “Ah really.” The older took a rug and cleaned the mess he made. Myungsoo just laughed through it.

“But I’m telling the truth hyung. I like hyung’s voice.”

Sungyeol bumped his head on the table when he heard it while he was cleaning up under the table.

“Owww.”

He winced in pain and rubbed his head. Myungsoo immediately went by his side, looking concerned.

“Are you okay hyung?”

Sungyeol took deep breaths and tried to contain himself from doing anything stupid more in front of Myungsoo. “Yes, yes I’m just fine.” He shoo-ed away Myungsoo but the younger just stayed and stared at his hyung. “Earth to Myungsoo, hello. You can go now. Do you have other things to do?” The older raised a brow at him.

Myungsoo shook his head, “Nope. Nothing to do.”

Just in time, they heard Sunggyu yelling from his room. “Ya Kim Myungsoo! What is Jolie doing in my bedroom? Get her out!” Myungsoo mentally cursed his hyung for his bad timing and hit himself for forgetting Jolie.

“You should go there now before Gyu hyung dies of heart attack.” Sungyeol chuckled and stood up, going back to cleaning dishes.

Myungsoo ran to WooGyu’s shared room and almost fell on the ground seeing dog poop on the ground. He saw Sunggyu glaring at him, standing on the bed with his arms crossed, Jolie lying on the foot of the bed. “You are cleaning this.” Sunggyu said.

Myungsoo tried to contain his laughter and called for Jolie. “Come Jolie, granpa needs my help and we need you to get cleaned.” Myungsoo laughed and left the room to get tissue.

 

 

Two days before Christmas, Infinite decided to shop for gifts for themselves and for their families and loved ones before they go their separate ways and spend Christmas day with their families. Sungyeol noticed that Myungsoo was strange that day. He was acting very distant to him. All day, Myungsoo would be somewhere else and Sungyeol is stuck with maknae in shopping.

“Hyung! Do you think this would fit me? Hyung! Do you think this looks good? Hyung! Does this make me look fat? Hyung! This smells good.” Everything that maknae said so far, Sungyeol just nodded every time a question is raised by maknae or when Sungjong praises himself.

“Hyung which shirt do you think fits me?” Sungjong asked, holding two shirts on either hand.

“I think this would be better.” Sungyeol pointed at the pink shirt.

“Hmm. But I think this would fit me best.” Sungjong ultimately chooses the yellow shirt, ignoring Sungyeol’s suggestion.

“Ya. You could have chosen it by yourself and didn’t have to ask my suggestion if you’re going to turn it down.” Sungyeol chuckled.

“Sorry hyung.” Maknae pulled an apologetic aegyo.

The older ruffled the maknae’s hair, earning a whine for him. “My hair.” Maknae frowned and fixed his ‘ruined’ do.

 

That night, Sungyeol was packing his things, getting ready for his vacation with his family. While arranging his things to fit inside his bag, Sungyeol received a text. He looked at the phone and saw that it was from Myungsoo. It says that Myungsoo was waiting for him at the park, sitting alone on a bench. “What the hell is wrong with this kid?” Sungyeol immediately got up and grabbed his sweater and scarf. “Hyungs, I’m gonna go out for a while.” He ran outside, straight at the park where Myungsoo waits for him. He saw Myungsoo sitting on the bench and his eyes closed, rubbing his hands to make him feel warm. Sungyeol approached the boy and shook his shoulder.

“Ya. You shouldn’t stay out here. You’ll get sick.” Sungyeol grabbed Myungsoo by the arm and urged the younger boy to stand up.

“I just wanted to give hyung something.” Myungsoo reached for his pocket and brought out a heart necklace, and he noticed a gap in between the heart. Myungsoo pulled apart the two halves of the heart necklace and puts one on Sungyeol. “Hyung. These necklaces are couple necklaces. One half is for you and the other for me. You’re my other half hyung.” Myungsoo bluntly confessed to Sungyeol and manages to grin.

 

Sungyeol was completely speechless from the happiness he felt inside. Without thinking twice, Sungyeol leapt forward to kiss Myungsoo. The younger was a little shocked at his hyung’s sudden action. After a while, he absorbed what was happening and kissed back Sungyeol, under the snowy weather. The older pulled back first and looked at Myungsoo lovingly. Myungsoo looked back, adoring Sungyeol’s rosy cheeks and smiled, “I love you hyung.”

Sungyeol laced his fingers with Myungsoo’s and smiled back, “I love you too Myungsoo.”

 

It’s official, they were a couple now and kept a part of their hearts with them.