Twist

Unintended Love

Shi Yoon perched himself up on the railings overlooking the ocean and sighed to himself yet again. He just could not simply help but feel that he was so very alone. Even now, with the too cold ocean breeze stinging his face, he wondered how it would be different if only Se Kyung were here. It’ll be more of a caress, not a gust because she’ll be there to always make things better.

 

“So you’re here alone?” Shin Hye said with a high shriek of laughter, half stumbling to position herself next to Shi Yoon, “Alone? On Valentines’?”

Shi Yoon wanted to snap back at this lady, whoever she was but did not do so because of a few plain reasons. Firstly, she was clearly drunk - she even had a dribble of salvia or leftover beer trickling down from the side of ; how very unsightly. Secondly, she was a lady, and Shi Yoon never quarrelled with ladies - just one of the rules of being a gentleman he supposed; how very funny when the lady beside him was not behaving like a lady at all, but more like a drunkard wild boar. Thirdly, she had no right to mock him for being alone on Valentine’s Day when she clearly was too - thinking about this suddenly made him feel a bit of sympathy for her; but all was lost when she suddenly vomited on him.

He could only stare at the pool of gruesome vomit staining his shirt, some already making its way to his pants, leaving him drenched in her vomit. So there he was, not only being stood up by his date on Valentines’, but being drenched in a stranger’s vomit to keep things remaining splendid. He almost laughed as he took in his pathetic state, but then was again interrupted by snorts of laughter erupting from Shin Hye.

He had enough; how was this lady not sober enough to realise what she had done to him but still have the slyness to laugh at him! She should at the very least apologise! He was just about to turn around and head back home; not before going to the nearest washroom to clean off the mess of course, when suddenly he heard a loud thud – something hitting the solid ground; hard. He looked and saw that the lady had fainted, she was not laughing or vomiting anymore, just lying on the cold hard concrete, with her eyes shut close and even shivering slightly. Just then, Shi Yoon realised that this lady was actually in a more pitiful state then him. And maybe she too was stood up by the one she loved the most on this night.

Though he didn’t know her, he felt that he understood her because perhaps they were similar – both being broken-hearted creatures.

 

“Shi Yoon!” His mother shouted in disbelief when her son stepped inside the house carrying a lady on his back, “Who is this lady?”

“Beats me,” Shi Yoon laughed; which caught him off guard, “She was with me when she fainted, I couldn’t have possibly just left her there right?”

His mother sighed but suddenly remembered, “Weren’t you supposed to be with Se Kyung?”

This wiped Shi Yoon’s smile off his face completely, “She stood me up,” he said warily, “Again.”

 

But just before he were to put Shin Hye down onto the sofa to rest, she roused for a moment and buried her face into his back again; like finding comfort.

Maybe in those last moments of Valentine’s Day, he wasn’t that lonely after all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note:

Hello lovelies! Thanks for reading my fanfic and I hope you all like this new chapter! :-) <3 It'll mean a lot to me if you all were to comment hehehe, and hopefully I'll update soon! Bye!