Tiffany POV

Of Cakes and Kisses

 

It’s senior year and all seniors, including me are counting down the days til graduation and  ticking things off our bucket list. Lately, my nights have been nothing but stressful because I’m  losing my focus on everything. It’s hard when you always have someone constantly on your mind  playing imaginary games with your heart. I blame Khun for this and cry foul over how perfectly 
flawless he is.  
 
He is so close to perfection that I am in awe every time I see him in class. He looks like a Greek  god, hard lean muscles, mischievous brown eyes and perfectly tousled hair –something I would  love to run my fingers through. He’s suave, y and irresistible. I’d always love watching him  play basketball because it is during that time that I see him at his simplest form, enjoying the  thing that he does best. Another thing about him playing basketball, he always takes off his  jersey after every game. I am certainly not the one to complain and please, I don’t really mind the  nice view. It’s funny that he’s so proud of them in a way. His body is well toned, with a faint sixpack and chest muscles not too full to bursting and his arm muscles have a nice cut to them — his body is Wonderland. He boasts an air of cheekiness, a dash of overt courteousness and a kind  of crackly, electric energy inside of him. I didn't get to tell him at that time, but he looked  breathtaking at the seniors’ ball in his sleek suit with his hair pulled back like that. Even if I  could actually tell him all those just for the heck of it, I wouldn’t because A.) I’m not an idiot and B.) I’m really, really shy around guys I like a.k.a. guys like Khun.  You know how we all have a  handful of people who make us feel shy and nervous whenever we’re around them?  He’s one of  those to me. His mere presence is a beautiful distraction that makes me smile uncontrollably  inside. Khun has that essence that captivates you and draws you towards him, even if you think  he's obnoxious and arrogant sometimes. Well, all jocks are. 
 
Surprisingly, even the jerkiest of jocks can be endearing sometimes. Khun is.  You know, I have this thing for guys who still value chivalry even when we’re all living in the 21st century. One thing that makes me swoon over him is that he is a real gentleman. About a month ago, there was this one time when I was wearing high heels for a play in literature class and I had difficulty moving around, especially going up and down the stairs.  While I was going down, all of a sudden, Khun appeared on my left side and held my elbow to help me get off an unusually high step of our building’s stairwell. How’s that for a surprise? I was trembling under his touch. Up close, I could tell how beautiful his eyes were. Oh my God. His eyes… they’re so warm and so friendly that I’d love to get lost inside them. We were frozen for a millisecond in an unwavering gaze and I could feel his eyes smoldering into my own. His stare was piercing and I was speechless. Normally, if it was any other guy who did that to me, I’d smile and say thank you but stupid me didn’t do or say anything right at that magical moment. Between the two of us, I was the one who broke the excruciatingly wonderful gaze and also the one who turned away pretending as if nothing happened. Until today it is still a mystery to me how I reacted that way. Nonetheless, the thought of him acknowledging my existence and truly caring about my well being made me weak in the knees. This further solidified my feelings for him. Even the shortest stare and the slightest touch from him left me dazed and hypnotized, left me with a warm fuzzy feeling for days.  
 
Since that bittersweet encounter, I have always liked to day-dream that Khun is mine—that he’s my very own boyfriend. If I had enough courage, I would really like to talk to him and get to  know him better. But I'm just too shy I guess and what would he possibly see in a girl like me, I mean, I'm just a nerd and he's in the basketball team, the captain and star player, unmistakably  the hottest, the most sought-after guy in school. He has millions of girls trying to sell their souls  to him, every hour of every day. Sometimes I think I may be one of them too.
 
It stresses me that he’s got too much hold on me and that I can’t do anything about it. So here I am, sitting at the corner of the cafeteria, binge eating my way to getting Khun off my mind. Like this is going to help me do that. Oh well, I love this cheesecake by the way.
 
Out of nowhere, the devil appeared in front of me, only he didn’t look like one. He was an angel.  
 
Did he just came out of my head and descended in front of me? For a second, I thought I was going insane. Focus, Tiffany. Focus. 
 
This is too much for me to process. Why is Khun sitting right in front of me?  I tried to move my legs but my whole body won’t budge because it’s now stupefied.  He is looking at me right now with those eyes. Those eyes! What am I supposed to do? What does he want from me? Does he want to talk? I should be running right now. But I can’t. I can’t even move a single muscle. He is here, two feet away from me.  
 
Crap, I still need to finish this cake.