HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D

Happy Birthday, Natasha!

"Yo! Dude! Take a picture, it lasts longer!" Natasha's leader, Aeri joked, waving her hands infront of Natasha's face. Natasha was currently looking through the window of SHINee's practice room, staring at the love of her life her friend, Key, dancing.

"Huh?" Natasha looked away from the small rectangular window.

"Geez, Unnie, you're so obvious, I don't know how Key-oppa doesn't realise it," the band's maknae, Hope, complained.

"Yah! I told you to not call me Unnie!" Natasha scolded. True, she was older than Hope but somehow she didn't like it when someone referred to her as 'Unnie' or 'Noona'.

"Unnie~ Unnie~ Unnie~" Hope chanted, sticking out her tongue and running away to their practice room before Natasha could strangle her.

"Kids..." the band's umma, Yuki, shook her head. "C'mon, we have to go to our practice room," she said, signalling the other five members to follow her.


"Keke, arasso, bye oppa~" Natasha chimed, putting down her phone.,

"You really should tell him, you know," Natasha's bandmate, Minjung said after Natasha hung up the phone.

She sighed, "Not gonna happen, Will never happen, don't even think about it," she pouted. "Besides, I've asked him if he likes someone before, and he said yes..."

"And that someone could be you!" Hope exclaimed, not looking up from her video game of Mario Kart with the second oldest in the band, Jemma.

Natasha scoffed. "I wish,"

"I'm pretty sure it's you," the other six members replied.

"Please don't get my hopes up..." Natasha groaned, playing with the hairpin in her hair, a present Key had given her a long time ago.


"Didn't tell her again?" Onew commented as he sat beside Key.

"Huh? Tell her what?" Key played dumb.

"That you loooove her?" Jonghyun smirked.

"I do not loooove her!" Key retorted.

"Oh please, even an idiot can tell that you do. With the looks you give her and what not," Taemin commented.

"Are you trying to say she's an idiot?!" Key scolded, smacking Taemin's head.

"Geez, overprotective much..." Taemin mumbled, which was unfortunately heard by Key, which earned him a jab in the ribs.

Key sighed. "Sure, I want to tell her, but how do I?" he played with a phone charm that Natasha had given him as his birthday present.

"Oh I don't know," Taemin replies sarcastically, "Go up to her and say hey, I love you, will you be my girlfriend?" This earned him another smack on the back of his head. "Ow! Umma! If you keep doing this I'm gonna lose all my brain cells!" The victim complained.

"It's not like you process anything through your brain before you say anything anyways," Key replied nonchalantly, causing the maknae to jut his bottom lip out, huffing.

"You could do something for her birthday... It's just around the corner," Minho wondered out loud.

Key's eyes lit up. "Oh yeah! I can throw her a surprise birthday party! I'm sure she'll like it!" he exclaimed. "But I'll be needing a lot of help.... And especially from her members too.... To distract her..." Key mumbled thoughtfully.

"Meh, they probably know you like her anyways," Minho replied. "Just give them a call and tell them about it."

"I will! Thanks Minho-goon!" with that, Key happily bounced off to plan for the party.


"Yobeosaeyo?" Hope picked up the phone. "Oh! Oppa! Did you want to speak to Natasha? I think her phone's off, so she didn't pick up," Hope assumed that Key was calling for Natasha, since whenever he received a call from him, it would be of him requesting to speak to the visual and asking why she did not pick up her phone.

"Anniyo, I wanted to talk to you actually," Key replied, hoping that Natasha was no where near Hope so that she would not hear his plan.

"Eh? Me? Wae?" Hope asked.

"Uhm... Actually all the members except Natasha," Key answered nervously.

"Wae? Did you two have a fight? She seems fine to me..." Hope wondered out loud.

"A-Anni! I just wanted to plan a surprise party for her and I need your help," Key explained. Hope smiled mischievously.

"Hehe, planning to confess to her?" she asked cheekily.

"Wha... No!" Key replied quickly. A little too quickly in Hope's opinion. "I just wanted to celebrate her birthday!"

"Yeah right..."

"I'm serious!" Key insisted. "Anyways, you guys can help me, right?"

"I'm pretty sure we can..."

"Great! Can I meet the six of you... Like after practice tomorrow? At the rooftop?"

"Keke, sure oppa. Just let me tell the rest of the unnies," with that Hope hung up the phone.

"Who was that on the line just now?" the band's triple threat, Ella, asked.

"It was Key-oppa," Hope said, before continuing quietly. "He wants to throw a surprise party for Natasha... And he wants to meet the all of us, excluding Natasha, obviously, after practice tomorrow at the rooftop," Ella formed an 'o' with .

"So let me guess, you need me to help tell the other members?" Ella asked. Hope nodded her head.

"We also need to think of a reason to go to the rooftop without Natasha and not make it seem to suspicious," Hope added.

"Hm, maybe we could go at different timings?" Yuki, answered as she walked into the room, giving both Ella and Hope a shock.

"Omo! Unnie! Don't do that ever again!" Ella exclaimed, putting a hand over her racing heart, trying to calm it down.

"Mianhe. I just happened to hear it. You're lucky Natasha decided to have a shower five minutes ago, or she'd have heard everything," Yuki apologised.

"It's ohkay. But since three of us know it now, we just have to tell one person about the plan!" Hope replied.

"Ohkay, I'll tell Aeri about it, Yuki can tell Minjung about it and Hope, you can tell Jemma about it~" Ella instructed. "And we have to do this quick. Before Natasha comes out of the shower," Everyone nodded their heads before going off.


"Ah... I'm so tired... I must be getting old..." Aeri complained, sitting down on the floor after practice. "Maybe I'll go back to the dorm for a while..." She mumbled, before making her way out, winking at Jemma, who was supposed to be the second one to leave.

"Hm, me too. Aish, the two oldest members are so old..." Jemma complained, planning to take her leave.

"Keke, you two really are getting old," Natasha commented, still focusing on her dance. "Anyways, I'll see you after this~"

"Yup, annyeong~" Jemma waved to the other girls, making her way out of the practice room.

After a few rounds of dancing, the remaining five girls decided to take a short break.

"I'm hungry..." Hope whined, looking around the room for food.

"There's no food here," Yuki told her. "Do you want me to follow you to the canteen to get something?" Hope nodded eagerly.

"Do any of you want anything?" Yuki asked before they left the room.

"No thanks~" they replied unanimously.


"You're finally here!" Key sighed in relief when Yuki and Hope burst through the doors. "What took you so long?"

"Well, we can't all be leaving at the same time, if not Natasha will be suspicious, so we had to come up with random ways of leaving earlier. Aeri complained about being tired, and Jemma did too. Hope and I decided to go to the canteen to get food since Hope complained about being hungry," Yuki replied, using air quotes around the words 'tired', 'go to the canteen' and 'hungry'.

"Unnie, I really was hungry," Hope added quietly.

"Anyways, where's Minjung and Ella?" Onew asked.

"They should be coming soon. I think they still need to find a way to leave without making it seem so suspicious," Jemma replied.

After about ten minutes or so, Minjung and Ella burst through the door.

"We're here! Sorry it took so long!" Ella panted.

"How did you manage to leave?" Minho inquired.

"Practice ended. But Natasha wanted to stay a little longer, so we left first and viola, we're here~" Minjung explained.

"Practice ended?" Key asked. Minjung nodded her head.

"And Natasha's in the room all alone?" Again, Minjung nodded her head.

"What if anything happens to her?" Key began to panic a little, his motherly instincts kicking in.

"Relax lover boy, Natasha can take care of herself," Jonghyun replied. Key pouted.

"Fine. But if anything happens to her because she's alone in the practice room and not in the safe haven of her dorm, you are so dead!" He replied, gesturing to the six girls, who rolled their eyes.

"Can we get on with the plan?" Taemin asked, impatient. They had been sitting at the rooftop for more than forty-five minutes and he was getting restless.

"Arasso. So here's the plan..."


For the past few days, everyone has been spending a lot of time on Natasha's surprise party, especially Key. So much to the extent that he had unintentionally given Natasha the cold shoulder. It also happened to be Natasha's birthday today. And nobody has wished her. Everyone was too busy doing last-minute preparations for her party.

"I wonder why everyone seems to be keeping something from me... And they forgot my birthday..."  Natasha wondered aloud in her room.  "Maybe I should call and check on Key! He seems so busy recently...." with that, she picked up her pink Samsung phone and dialed the familiar number that she had memorised eons ago.

"Yobeosaeyo? Natasha? I'm not free now. I'll talk to you later," Key said when he picked up the phone.

"Wait, oppa, what are you busy about?" Natasha asked.

"Nothing important. Call you back later," Key hung up before Natasha could even reply. She huffed. Fine. If he wasn't gonna talk to her, maybe her members will.

"Yobeosaeyo? Hope? Are you free now?" Natasha spoke when the line picked up.

"Mianhe, not now, maybe next time," Hope replied, and hung up too. It was the same with the subsequent members, all telling her that they were busy, but not telling her what they were busy about. Frustrated, Natasha packed her training clothes and made her way to the practice rooms, planning to vent her frustrations.


"Eh? Where's Natasha?" Aeri asked as she entered the dorm. "Wasn't she at home when we left? Manager-oppa didn't tell us anything about her leaving today..."

"Omo, were we too harsh with her? Did we ignore her too much?" Yuki asked. "Maybe it's because we didn't wish her a happy birthday?" They were supposed to get Natasha to SHINee's dorm for the party, but she was no where in sight.

"Molla.. Should we ask Kibum-oppa? He might know where she is..." Ella said, picking up her phone and dialing Key's number.

"Oppa, do you have any idea where Natasha is? She's not in the dorm," Ella said the moment Key picked up.

"Eh? Shouldn't your managers know where she is?" Key replied.

"That's the problem. They don't," Ella replied sadly.

"Wait..." Key started. "We've not been paying much attention to her, have we? Omo! What if she's angry at us?" Key started panicking. "What if the surprise party is not a success?"

"Calm down oppa, where does she usually go when she's upset?" Ella asked.

"Practice room? Rooftop?" Key answered.

"Practice room! That's it! She vents her frustration by practicing!" Hope exclaimed, clapping her hands loudly. Ella happened to have turned the phone on speaker mode.

"Do you want to go find her?" Key asked.

"Sorry, can you? Our managers won't let us leave," Ella replied, signaling Hope to shut up.

"Arasso. I'll go," with that Key hung the phone up.

"Unnie, why did you tell him that we couldn't leave?" Hope asked.

"Don't you see? It's the perfect moment for them! Maybe they can talk to each other and maybe we'll see Natasha walking hand-in-hand with Key!" Ella explained.

"Wah! Never knew you were that cunning," Minjung commented.


The music was on full volume. Natasha was thankful for the sound proof walls. If not, someone would've banged on the door telling her to shut the music off a long time ago. Sweat dripped down her forehead like a waterfall. Yes, she was tired, but she wasn't going to stop.


From the outside, Key could see Natasha dancing in the practice room. But the door was locked. He had tried every method to get her attention, but it seems like the music was too loud. Exasperated, Key gave the door a huge kick, hoping that Natasha would be able to hear him.


A loud noise outside the door snapped Natasha back into reality. What's happening? She thought as she warily made her way to the door. She peered timidly out of the rectangular window, only to find an oh-so-familiar face staring worriedly at her. 'Let me in' he mouthed. She was hesitant, but she knew that Kibum would not give up if she didn't let him in. She slowly unlocked the door and let him in.

"Yah! The music is so loud! You'll damage your ears!" Key scolded the moment he stepped in, covering his ears, making his way over to the stereo and turning the volume knob to the left, until he was satisfied with the volume of the music.

"What are you doing in the practice room at this time? You should be in your dorm," Key resumed his scolding. "You didn't even tell your manager! Everyone was so worried for you!" he continued, not noticing the silent tear drops making contact with the parquet flooring.

"What if something happened to you? What if you never go back? What if- hey, are you ohkay?" He had finally realised that Natasha was crying.

"Y-yah... Don't cry... What's wrong?" Key asked, walking closer to Natasha, who subtly backed away. Key continued stepping forward, until Natasha's back came into contact with the wall.

"Why are you crying?" Key asked again, cupping her face, wiping away the falling tears

"It's... It's nothing.." She tried to steady her voice.

"Don't give me that stupid lie. What's wrong?" Key asked again.

"I said it was nothing!" Natasha insisted.

"And I said don't give me that rubbish! I'm not buying it! Somethig'a bothering you! What is it?" Key asked again, getting more and more irritated.

"Fine! It's you," Natasha said indifferently.

"Me?" Key asked with wide eyes. "What did I do?"

"It's my birthday... And you didn't even wish me... And you've all been ignoring me the past few days... Why?" Even though she tried really hard, her voice still cracked in the end.

"I... I..." Key was at a loss for words. Should he just tell her that they were busy preparing for her party? Or should he conjure something up?

"It's my birthday but it seems that everyone forgot my existence... Even the maknae, who remembers everyone's birthday... She didn't even wish me," Natasha muttered.

"It's not that we forgot! It's because... It's because..." Key tried to explain, but he was still stuck between telling the birthday girl the truth or another story. Natasha looked at him with curious eyes.

"I can't tell you, ohkay?" Key sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

"Why not? What are you guys hiding from me?" A tear trickled down her cheek.

"Look, I... I..." Key really couldn't take it anymore and he really wanted to tell her what he felt.

"I...?"

"I... I... I really like you and I've been ignoring unintentionally because I was busy preparing a surprise birthday party for you with your members and I really didn't want to tell you. I guess I was too caught up in the preparations, I'm sorry and that I'm doing this because I really really like you and I wanted to tell you that during the party but then you got frustrated and you're now in the practice room and it's ohkay if you don't like me the same way, I understand, but even so, I hope we can still be friends and oh gosh I'm rambling!" Key hid his face in his hands.

"Did you really mean that?" Natasha asked quietly.

"Mean what?" Key knew what Natasha meant and he was preparing himself from any form of rejection.

"That... That... You like me?" Natasha asked, her face turning red. She looked up to see a faint blush painted on Kibum's cheeks.

"Uh... Yeah..." Key started out awkwardly. "But I'm completely fine if you don't feel the same! You know, I just really wanted to tell you that and I want to wish you a happy birthday and I want t-" Key was cut short by a pair of slender arms around his waist.

"Thank you... Thank you oppa," Natasha said, "And... And I really like you too..." She avoided eye contact and stared intently at her shoes.

"You... Like... Me... Too...?" Key seemed a little dazed. Natasha timidly nodded. "You do?" Key asked again. "You do!" The new found information finally settled in as Key picked Natasha up, spinning her around.

"Put me down, oppa," Natasha giggled.

After putting her down, Key asked nervously, eyeing the ground. "So... Will you be my girlfriend?"

Natasha giggled again. "I'd love to," she replied, pulling Key into a bone-crushing hug.


so sorry if some parts don't make sense!!! i wrote this during the course of the whole day (really. i wrote it in the morning, then stopped for a while, then continued again a little later, then stopped again and so and and so forth) so some parts might not really be linked together >< and i hope you like it! (: and i don't think i really read through what i was writing or something.. heh ^^;;