Part I

Loving a Stranger

Loving a Stranger


 

Just_a_boy: So when is your birthday?

 

Twinkle_star: It’s on December 21st.

 

Just_a_boy: Really? So it is almost your birthday. ^^

 

Twinkle_star: Keke ^^. Yup! What about yours?

 

Just_a_boy is typing….

 

I waited for his replies excitedly. Wait, why am I getting so excited over some stranger’s birth date? Just as I was about to lost in my thoughts the notification sound alerts me.

 

Just_a_boy: Mine is on March-

 

“Yah, wake up!”

My blanket was pulled away from me harshly, leaving me in wide open while lying on my stomach facing my laptop. Suddenly I felt a familiar weight crushed me from behind due to my lying position. She rests her head against my shoulder and faced me with a concern face.

“Sora-ah, don’t tell me you didn’t sleep the whole night playing your computer?” She asked me while her eyes wide opened in disbelieve, not that it would make any different with her usual stare though.

I rolled around-sitting cross legged on my bed- making her fell down flat on her .

“I’m not a little child, Inna-ah. By the way, what’re you doing in my room so early in the morning?” I asked her back.

“That’s not fair. You totally ignored my question,” she pouted like an over-grown sized child.

“You looked silly pouting like that. Fine, I’ll tell you on our way to college. Now, would you tell me why you’re here this early?” I sighed. For someone older, she surely is less matured.

Inna smiled brightly at the ‘negotiation’. “It’s not early; class will start in 40 minutes. Have you forgotten that our class schedule has changed?” She answered after looking at her wrist watch.

“Really?! Aissh.” I cussed softly as I ran to the bathroom grabbing my towel.

“I’ll be down first!”

I heard Inna shouted as I closed the bathroom’s door.

 I hurriedly pulled off my pyjamas and threw them into the dirty clothes basket. I tied my hair into a messy bun as I stepped into the shower cubicle.  As I turn on the shower faucet, I sighed softly at the first drop of water that hit my skin. Usually I would love to take my time in the shower, but it seems it will not happen today as I don’t want to run late for my class.

I grabbed the shower sponge and poured a generous amount of my kiwi’s scent shower gel. I lathered it all over my body and rinsed it off in a rushed.

After finished showering I quickly chose a pair of black skinny jeans and a plaid shirt. I pulled my hair up in high ponytail and applied a small amount of lip balm on my lips. I never bothered with all the make-up stuff as I never know how to wear them. I finished off with my favourite brown high-cut sneakers and grabbed my sling bag.

I ran downstairs and saw Inna reading some magazines. I hurriedly went to the kitchen and kissed my mother’s cheek before I ran back to the front and dragged Inna to outside.  All those stubborn calories better burn with all these running.

“Here,” I passed Inna her helmet. But she just stood there; looking at me like I’m some kind of alien.

“What now?” I sighed. “We can’t be late. ‘He’ will be in our class today. I know you don’t want to enter late for this class.”

“Of course I don’t. It just, don’t you have something better to wear?” She said sheepishly.

“What’s wrong with my current clothes?!” I asked, offended.

“Sora-ah,” she placed both her hands on my shoulder and looked at me seriously. “You have such a pretty face and hair, even your body,” she eyed me up and down while whistling like a ert old man.

“Yah!” I slapped her away.

She giggled while avoiding my hit. “But your taste in your outfit is a big NO-NO. “ She made a cross with her arms.

“My dear, you’re turning 20 in a few days. Don’t you want to dress more like a lady, and less like a,” she eyeing me again, “boy?” She held my plaid shirt with the end of her forefinger and thumb.

I swatted her hands away and got on my scooter, “Let’s just get to college.”

She got on behind me with a pout.

As we ride away, I mumbled softly, “And I dress just fine.”

 

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

 

“So, what’s with the playing computer all night long?” Inna asked after we have arrived at the parking lots that were prepared for the students. Damn, and when I thought she had forgot about that.

After she saw me fidgeting like a retard she let out a I-know-what-you-did laugh.

“Omo, don’t tell me our innocent Sora finally has a boyfriend? Finally all my worries can be let go,” she wiped her non-existent tears.

“WHAT?! SORA HAS A BOYFRIEND ALREADY?!” A deep voice suddenly shouted.

What the, when did this guy appeared?! I quickly put my hand over his mouth. Aigoo, this dinosaur is really going to get it from me; if only he’s not older.

“Dongwoo oppa, please control your volumes! Please.” I begged with an exasperated sigh. We’re going to be the centre of attention if he keeps yelling like that, and I don’t handle that well when people focus on me.

“What about boyfriend?” a deep husky voice suddenly interjected.

“Hoya, Hoya! Listen, listen! Sora here has a boyfriend already!” Dongwoo exclaimed with a wide eyes to ‘Hoya’.

“Really? That’s not good then,” ‘Hoya’ made a disappointed face.

“N-no Howon sunbae. It’s n-not true,” I stuttered. Damn.Why can’t I speak normally with him?! I swore I saw his lips carved into a small smirk at my silliness.

“Please excuse us,” I dragged Inna away with me after giving the two upperclassmen a quick bow.

“So did you guys chat all night long?!” Inna asked eagerly; obviously ignoring all the commotion just now.

I just sighed and decided to tell her the truth since it’s Lee Inna we’re talking here. She ain’t leaving until she got that she want, so it’s no use beating around the bush.

“First of all, I don’t have a boyfriend,” I emphasized on the boyfriend part while glaring at her.

“Secondly, he’s just a stranger I met on the chat room yesterday. I was boring so I just chat with him without noticing that we stay up all night long. There’s nothing going on. End of story,” I spoke with one breath, not really caring whether Inna understand what I said.

“What? What? What?! So no boyfriend?!” She made a horrified face. Tch, such a drama queen.

“You’re so not fun,” she pouted and walked away to Dongwoo.

“Whatever,” I muttered while heading to my locker.

Before leaving I glanced a little towards the two seniors’ direction and gave a small shy smile to Howon. He replied back with a gentle smile, and is that sign of relief that I saw? Who am I kidding, my eyes must be playing trick on me.

And I’m sure I heard ‘So Sora doesn’t have a boyfriend!’ yelling with the unique laugh sound at the end. Aish that Inna!

I swear I’m just getting surrounded by weirder people with each day passing by.

 

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

 

“Ah, I wish Sunggyu sunbaenim will come as our lecturer’s assistant in every lesson,” Inna said while gazed dreamily at the said person. I just put on my headphone like I do before every class starts.

“He’s like the definition of perfection right? Right? Yah Choi Sora, didn’t you heard me?” Inna shook my arm.

 “I heard you alright, just stop shaking me. You’re making me dizzy,” I brushed her off gently. I don’t even know what she saw in that guy, not to be rude but I swore his eyes are practically non-existent!

She just laughed me off and kept shaking me until she suddenly stopped. She then squinted her eyes and looked intensely at somewhere behind us. Inna then spoke in hushed voice, like she’s afraid that someone will hear our conversation.

“Yah, I think that creeper is staring at you again,” she whispered.

“Creeper?Who-“ I asked as I craned my neck around to take a better look.

“-oh,” as I noticed who she was talking about.

“That’s not nice Inna-ah, he has a name you know,” I scolded her lightly.

“But, he keeps staring at you since his first day here,” she sulked.

That’s right, that ‘creeper’ as Inna like to put it or his real name, Kim Myungsoo keeps staring at me since his first day in here. He’s a new kid; he just transferred here about a month ago. But the thing was, he never talked with anybody. When somebody spoke to him, he just stared at them back without any expression on his face. Good thing he has a decent face, so that’s a plus.

Oh, that’s right! I think I remembered seeing him speaking with Sunggyu a few times. His face at that few times was really different than his usual demeanour, he seems almost childlike. Almost cute.

 Omo, what am thinking?! I horrified by my own thought as I shook my head a few times.

Inna just looked at Sora with a raised eyebrow.

 

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

 

“So Sora, are you going to chat with that guy again tonight?” Inna asked me with a suggestive smile.

“No you idiot,” I laughed while pushing her away.

“I don’t even think we’re gonna bump into each other tonight, he probably changed his username."

“Okay then,” Inna gave me a wink before entering her house. I just laughed a little before went back home.

 

 

 

a/n - Sorry if this is not to your liking. I'm not very good with writing happy, cute & fluff stuffs. /sobbing/  Anyway, is this chapter ok? Too boring? Too cliche? This is sort of an intro chapter. This is supposed to be oneshot, but I swear my finger keeps typing by themselves. keke ^^

Do leave your thoughts in the comment box ne!  Oh oh, and a big thanks for subscribing! /give cookies/

Thanks a lot. :D