Final

Broken Promise

You woke up with the sound of loud knocks and shouts outside your room. You were still half asleep and didn't want to stand up yet, but you were irritated and couldn't go back to sleep.

 
"Seohae, wake up! It's 7:25 am and you have school!", your annoying big brother shouted but you still didn't stand up and wasn't bothered even if you'll be late. All you care about is for you to have more sleep. Suddenly, the door flew open causing you to open your eyes.
 
"I said wake up or you'll be late for school!", your brother shouted at you. Being the lazy girl you are, you didn't move.
 
"Aish, this girl. I guess I'm gonna call mom now and let her be the one to-"
"Okay, okay! I'm up now, just don't call mom."
He chuckled and ruffled your hair, "Breakfast is ready, little sis."
 
Lee Chihoon. He's your big brother who is annoying and but you still love him anyway. He teases you sometimes but he's more on taking care of you. He's 3 years older than you.
 
You immediately went to the bathroom as you took a glance at the clock, 7:32 am. After taking a bath, you quickly put your uniform on, took your bag and went downstairs to have breakfast.
 
"Good morning sweetie~"
"Good morning mom.", you said as you pecked her on the cheek.
"Quick, have breakfast or you'll be late again."
 
You immediately ate your pancakes and bid your mom goodbye. But before you went out of the house, your brother gave you a paperbag.
 
"What's this?", you asked him while taking a peek inside.
"Give it to Chanyeol later. I can't meet up with him 'cause I'm really busy."
"Uhm..okay? But what's it for?"
Your brother facepalmed. "IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY! Pabo... You're such a bad girlfriend."
You panicked because you didn't have a gift for him. You quickly went out of the house and ran all the way to school. Your school is only blocks away so you didn't have to worry about transportation.
 
Park Chanyeol. He's been your boyfriend for 2 years and your relationship with him is still strong. Whenever you're with him, you always feel special and feel like you two are the last people on earth.
 
While running, you suddenly passed by a store full of stuffed toys and other cute stuff. You immediately went inside to find a gift for Chanyeol. 
 
You've been looking around for almost 3 minutes and still, nothing catches your attention.
 
"What should I give to him? I'm gonna be late!"
 
Suddenly, you saw a Chanyeol look-a-like stuffed toy. Satisfied of what it looks like, you took it and brought it to the cashier to pay for it. After paying, you immediately ran again on your way to school.
 
Finally, you've reached school.
"7:44 am. Ugh, good thing the gates didn't close yet. I only have a minute left until classes start.", you said to yourself while catching your breath. You went inside the school gates and went to your classes.
 
Time passed by so quickly, it's finally lunch time. You texted Chanyeol to meet up with you at the school garden and eat lunch there, and you also said that you will go there first and wait for him.
 
Minutes later, a pair of hands covered your eyes.
"Guess who?", someone said with a deep voice. Who else could this be? Of course it's Chanyeol.
"Stop messing around birthday boy, I've been waiting for you for almost ten minutes.", you pouted.
He took off his hands off of your eyes and said, "I'm sorry jagi~ Something came up.", and gave you a peck on the cheek.
"It's okay. Happy birthday by the way.", you said while you handed him your gift. He gladly took it and opened it. 
"Aigoo~ It looks just like me. Thanks Seohae. You didn't have to."
"You're welcome. Now can we eat now? I'm really hungry."
"No way! You're too fat already."
"What?!? WHY YOU LITTLE-"
Then you started chasing each other and suddenly, both of you fell on the ground. Chanyeol was underneath you while you were on top.
"I love you, Seohae."
"I love you too. Chanyeol-ah, promise me one thing."
"What is it?"
"Please, never leave me."
 
Later that day, you and Chanyeol decided to spend time with each other since it's his birthday.
 
You two were walking along the streets of Seoul and you suddenly passed by an arcade. You tugged on Chanyeol's shirt and pointed at the building. "Chanyeol-ah, let's go to the arcade!"
"Fine. Anything for you~"
 
You both played and played games until you got tired. You even beat Chanyeol on Tekken 5 times.
"I can't believe you beat me! And you're a girl!", Chanyeol said with a pout. You chuckled and said, "Nah, you're just really a loser when it comes to games."
"Hey, I am not a loser.." Suddenly, Chanyeol's stomach growled.
"Uhm. Hungry much, Chanyeol?"
"Well excuse you for eating all my fries at lunch." You giggled, "Sorry. Come on, let's go eat something!"
 
Both of you went outside the arcade hand in hand. Everytime you were with Chanyeol, you felt safe. You always felt that nothing can ever separate you and Chanyeol, and nothing can ever ruin your relationship. 
 
Chanyeol saw some street foods around the corner that both of you can eat so you went near it. You and Chanyeol bought tteokbokki and kimbap. It was already getting dark so while eating, Chanyeol is walking you to your house. 
 
Finally, you've reached your home and while crossing the street, you suddenly dropped your phone along the way. You were already on the other side of the road so Chanyeol said he would get it for you.
 
While he was crossing the street, a drunk man was driving a car towards Chanyeol's direction. Chanyeol didn't see the car so he just walked on and on.
 
"CHANYEOL LOOK OUT!"
The car honked loudly and everything on Chanyeol's vision went black..........
 
Neighbors, ambulances and police cars was all over the neighborhood. You on the other hand was shocked and didn't know what to do. Today is you boyfriend's birthday and he got hit by a car. Tears started to form in your eyes, your mind went totally blank. You just stared at the scene happening infront of you. Then a man approached you and asked, "Excuse me miss, are you a relative of that boy?"
"No but I'm his girlfriend."
"I see. Well you have to come with us to the hospital."
 
Later that night, you were stitting on a bench near the emergency room crying your heart out. You can't believe this is really happening. Suddenly, a group of people ran towards you.
"Seohae dear, are you okay? Where's Chanyeol? What happened?"
It was his mother. You didn't know how to explain to her what happened so you just hugged her and cried. Beside you was your brother. Your brother was patting your back, trying to comfort you. He knew how much you love Chanyeol, and how much he loves you back. Then the door of the emergency room opened.
 
"Doctor, how is he?", Chanyeol's sister asked.
"I am very sorry we did our best but he's gone now."
You started to grow tense and shouted, "No! He can't be! You're lying!"
"I'm very sorry miss but that is the truth."
 
3 months later, you visited Chanyeol's grave. You brought his favorite flowers and placed it beside his picture.
"Hi Chanyeol. It's been 3 months already and I've been missing you a lot." Tears started to form in you eyes as you talked. "I've been through tough times eversince you were gone. No more sending me 'Goodmorning' messages when I wake up. I don't have anyone to eat lunch with at the school garden. No one gives me pecks on the cheeks or lips before classes start. No one says 'I love you' to me anymore. No one brings me home when school ends. My life became really different now." You sniffed and wiped your tears away. "Remember your promise? You said you'd never leave me but you broke it. I can't move on Chanyeol. I can't spend a single day without crying or thinking about you. My heart still belongs to you. But you know what, sometimes I think this is all my fault. If I hadn't dropped my phone along the way, this would've happened, right?" You paused for a moment and sighed. "Chanyeol-ah, what am I going to do now without you? I miss your dorky smile and hyper personality. The way you sing me lullabies and play the guitar to put me to sleep. Where am I gonna find another guy like you again? We were so perfect or each other but now, you're gone. Should I start a new life, Chanyeol? My mom said that I should just forget about you but it's not that easy, right?" You talked and talked until tears won't flow anymore. "Chanyeol, I hope you're in a better place now. Always remember that I love you no matter what, okay? I guess this is goodbye."