Chapter XV

Super Junior's: Battle of Maknaes

FLASHBACK

Mr. Han (Eunice’s father): Good morning my princess…

Eunice: Good morning papa!!!

Mr. Han: I want you to meet Crystal… She’s the daughter of my business partner.

Eunice: Hi Crystal! My name is Eunice. Nice meeting you.

Crystal: Nice meeting you, too.

Eunice: Crystal, how old are you?

Crystal: I’m 7 years old this year… how about you?

Eunice: I’m 5 years old! Gosh! You’re my jia! ^_^ Can you be my playmate?

Crystal: Of course!

Eunice: From now on, you’ll be my best friend!

Crystal: Best friend?

Eunice: Of course! I love my new best friend papa!

Mr. Han: That’s great…

Eunice: Let’s play jia…

(a few hours later)

Mr. Han: Eunice, Crystal needs to go home now.

Eunice: But, papa.

Mr. Han: Don’t worry Eunice; you can play with her tomorrow.

Eunice: Really? Yippee!!!

Mr. Han: Crystal, I’ll send you home now.

Crystal: Yes… uncle.

(in Mr. Han’s car)

Crystal: Papa, why are you denying me as your daughter?

Mr. Han: It’s hard to explain Crystal. You won’t understand. You’re still young.

Crystal: Papa, even though I’m still young, I do understand what’s happening. Mama is not your real wife right?

Mr. Han: Yes…

Crystal: So it means… I’m an ILLEGITIMATE daughter. (cries)

Mr. Han: I’m sorry Crystal… But don’t worry, I’ll tell them in the future…

Crystal: When?

Mr. Han: In the right time.

Crystal: I’ll wait for it, papa…

Crystal’s POV

But that time didn’t came… Papa met an accident on his way home. His best friend took care of me. Eunice became my best friend. But then, competition rose between us. I want to be better than Eunice. But then, she’s always better than me. She got better grades than me. I can’t help myself compare Eunice with me. She’s a good friend, but I don’t like her. She gets what she likes… When I met Henry, I fell in love with him. But he fell in love with Eunice. That very day, I started to hate her… She even defeated me in a car racing match. Why her? Why not me? Why can’t I be better than her?

Eunice’s POV

Jia is so silent right now. I wonder why… I feel so awkward with her… I don’t know why… I tried to talk with her…

Eunice: Jia, Are you okay?

Crystal: I’m okay.

Eunice: Okay…

Gosh, she does have a problem… But why is she cold to me? It feels so weird… Suddenly, Kyuhyun~oppa is poking me on my arm.

Eunice: Oppa! Stop disturbing me. Can’t you see I’m driving?

Kyuhyun: Why are you so silent?

Eunice: Nothing. Just thinking about somne things…

Kyuhyun: About Henry?

Eunice: No.

Kyuhyun: Stop lying…

Eunice: Believe me oppa. I’ve moved on already.

Kyuhyun: You’re lying.

Eunice: Fine! Stop talking if you won’t believe me.

I was expecting Oppa to keep on talking but he didn’t. Ouch!

Henry’s POV

Crystal told me that she’s here in Korea. Is she serious? Where is she right now? Damn! Since the very day that my mom made an agreement with her father, I didn’t came back to Canada. What made her think that I don’t have a girlfriend?! And what made her decide to force me on marrying Crystal? This is crazy! But this isn’t her fault. I should have fought for Eunice… Yes! That’s right! I need to fight for Eunice! I hope its not yet too late to tell Eunice that I want her back to me… I think I should call Crystal. I need to tell her that I want to break up with her. I don’t care if she’ll threaten Eunice’s life. I’ll protect her ‘til death. (calls Crystal) ring… ring… Damn! Crystal, answer the phone. Why is she not answering? Hi I’m Crystal. I’m busy right now. Just leave your message after the beep. *beep (disconnects the call) Damn! What is she doing right now? Where’s Eunice anyways? Manager~hyung told me that she’ll be here. I need to take a taxi now. As I stood up, I saw Eunice coming.

Eunice: Henry, we’re here.

A smile formed on my face, but it turned to be a shocked expression as I saw Crystal coming. God! Eunice doesn’t know any of this… Damn Henry! Damn Crystal! What a bad timing! You really are an evil.