It's in the Past

My Life Begins with You

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning Nam Soon woke up with the most terrible headache ever. He was wondering how it came about then he remember he and Ha Kyung’s conversation last night. She told him that she liked kissing Heung Soo and that they might be a couple soon. His heart hurt as well but he pushed his feelings aside as soon as he thought about the wonderful young man sleeping the room next to him. Didn’t Heung Soo deserve happiness as well? He was already with Hye Mi; he couldn’t be selfish. It was his own fault he hadn’t made a move with her when he had the chance and now his best friend, more like brother, could get the girl. Nam Soon took some aspirin and got to work.

Ha Kyung woke up with a headache and heart ache as well. She felt terrible. Why did she feel bad about the way she treated Nam Soon last night when it was his fault in the first place.

“You’re going to believe that hag?” Kang Joo’s rung in her head. Maybe she was lying about how Nam Soon really felt about  her but how did she know about the birthday present that never happened? She sighed loudly and told herself to officially forget about Nam Soon and focus on school. She got out bed and got ready for the first day of the rest of her life.

“Good morning lovely,” said Kang Joo

“Good morning,” she just noticed the extra body sitting in the living room, “Omg Ji Hoon you scared me. What are you doing here?” she eyed her roommate who was smiling like a kid in the candy store

“Well you guy’s apartment is on the way to school so I thought I would you two there since we are going to the same place,” he smiled

“Is that the only reason?” Kang Joo nudged her hard, “Ow Kang Joo,” she grabbed her side and glared at her

“What other reason would there be? Look I’m only doing this to be a gentleman, nothing else. We are all friends here anyways,”

 Kang Joo frowned as Ha Kyung felt a little sympathy for her, “He’s just getting to know us all over again. It’s not like we were friends in school. Give it time,” she whispered to her friend who smiled a bit

They left the apartment shortly and started walking to school. They stopped at Bliss to get a quick breakfast which the place was crawling with mostly college students who had the same idea. The boys were busy managing things when Ji Hoon and Kang Joo took a seat the booth while Ha Kyung went to order the drinks. Heung Soo was taking the orders as Nam Soon was making them. Ha Kyung’s chest tightened as she approached the boys.

“Hi Oppa,” she smiled brightly at Heung Soo, Nam Soon turned around when he heard her voice

“What can I get for you?”

“Kang Joo and I will have the banana peach and the mango blueberry shakes. We need our energy for the day,” she tapped the counter happily

“Yes you do. We’ll make those right away,”

“Here is my school schedule Oppa,” she handed him the very detailed paper

“So detailed but then again I should expect nothing but the best from you,” he winked at her

Nam Soon made both shakes in lighting speed and gave them to her. They both made eye contact. Nam Soon looked sad and Ha Kyung looked sad as well. She looked as if she would cry but she held it together.

“Thank you,” she took the drinks

“What? I get no Oppa. I am your Oppa after all,” he tried to make conversation

“Thank you Oppa,” she quickly looked at Heung Soo one more time before she walked away

Ha Kyung wasn’t paying attention to what she was doing a spilled a little of her drink on Kang Joo.

“Earth to Ha Kyung. I do not want to be covered in my breakfast,” she laughed as she got up to get some napkins at the counter. She caught the tail end of Nam Soon and Heung Soo’s conversation.

“But I don’t understand. I thought we were on good terms. Now every time she sees me she looks as if she’s going to cry and be angry,” said Nam Soon

“Well maybe you should ask your girlfriend about that one,” Kang Joo could not keep shut even though Ha Kyung asked her to

“What are you talking about? Look I know you don’t like Hye Mi but you…”

“Hate is more the word and you’re going to change your opinion of your “sweet” girlfriend when you hear what she said to Ha Kyung the other day,”

Heung Soo couldn’t listen in because a pool of customers came in and he had to focus on them. But he made a mental note to talk to Nam Soon after that.

“I can’t right now. We have customers,”

“If you cherish your now nonexistent friendship with Ha Kyung you will listen,”

“Talk fast,”

“Ha Kyung told me not to tell you and she will most likely deny it if you confront her about it but Hye Mi said that you never liked Ha Kyung. She said that you told her that you thought Ha Kyung was boring and you were just using your friendship as means to get what you wanted. She said you told her you never liked Ha Kyung in the romantic sense and that you two sat around and laughed at all her faults. She knows somehow that you two like each other,”

“I don’t like…”

“Don’t freaking lie to me. Just stop alright. It pains me to see you two hide your feelings because of obligations to others. Your girlfriend is a witch with a capital B and she made it her job to wreak whatever thing you guys had left. Now that you know the truth, it is your job to fix it and get your girl,”

“I can’t. It’s better this way,”

“What! Are you high?”

“I can’t confess my feelings to her because Heung Soo likes her,”

“I am well aware of that,”

“You don’t understand. It has taken us forever to mend our relationship. I truly love Heung Soo and I have never seen him act this way towards a woman. It’s weird to watch because he has no idea what he’s doing but I care more about his happiness than mine,”

“So you rather be miserable than be with the girl you truly want?”

“Yes and please don’t tell Ha Kyung. I hope we can mend our friendship slowly but it’s best that she hates me right now. You say she likes me right? Well if she believes Hye Mi’s lie she will soon confide in Heung Soo; that is if she hasn’t already. And she’ll forget about me and be with him. He’s a great guy with a big heart and I know he won’t hurt her,”

“I gotta say my Nam Soon has changed. If that’s what you want. Who am I to stand in your way,” she grabbed some napkins and left Bliss with Ji Hoon and Ha Kyung in tow.

Finally some of the customers had died down and Heung Soo was able to confront Nam Soon.

“What was that all about?”

“Kang Joo was telling me how Hye Mi was treating them,”

“She was being a pain in everyone’s a…”

“Yay,” Heung Soo smiled

“Well you gotta teach your girl how to treat people better,”

“I will and you got to be there for Ha Kyung,”

“What?” he blushed when he mentioned her name

“Like I said before, she’s treating me like a step child so I don’t really know why but if she has someone she can talk to then it will hopefully make things a little better,” Nam Soon knew the reason but he thought Heung Soo shouldn't know

“I will try. So does this mean I get your blessing to pursue her? I mean I know you guys may have had a thing…”

“It’s in the past,” he put on a brave face for his best friend

 

Really short chapter but i wanted to update. It's gonna be a long story so hang in there with me guys=)