I'm Sorry

I'm Sorry

 

You walked out of the door…

That was the hardest argument you and Taemin ever had..it never made it this far.

 

Flashback

“I saw you!!”

“Are you sure it was me that you saw?”

“Yes!! I know what your style, I know your scent…I know your face…I saw you”

“…”

“JUST TELL ME!!”

“IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!” Taemin yelled back as he pushed everything that was on the table.

It scared you and made you back up.

“Don’t you love me anymore?”
“…”

“Say it…I know you don’t anymore. The past couple of days you’ve changed. Your heart changed…”

“Well why do you care?”

“…”

“Just go. I don’t need you here anymore…” he said as he went to the door and opened it.

“I thought we had something…you even said it yourself…that raining day…”

“That doesn’t mean anything!! Just leave already!!”

“NOT UNTIL YOU ADMIT THAT IT WAS YOU WITH THAT GIRL!!”

“FINE!! IT WAS ME! SO WHAT!?”

“…is she better than me?”

“Yes, she is better than you, wayyyyyy better. She’s way more braver than you, more intimate with me, and looks y all the time. So I think you lost by a long shot, so if you don’t mind please leave now.” Taemin said with a serious face.

“She is, isn’t she?”

“YUP. GO.”

You walked towards the door, about to leave.

Though before you left you turned and slapped Taemin straight in the face.

“You were the best boyfriend, and friend I ever had…I don’t even know who you are anymore…”

“You never did know me…” Taemin mumbled under his breath as he looked down.

There was a moment of silence.

“Go.” Taemin said again with a stern voice.

You were about to say something…but decided not to, afraid that you will really break down in front of someone who you have loved for over 10 years.

You left the door and walked to the elevator.

“…Good Bye…” You heard him as he shut the door with a click.

*Present*

You sighed as you headed towards those steel doors.

Ready to leave the place that you thought was safe, secure, and that showered you with love.

Once you stepped in, your tears fell to the ground, and suddenly you noticed what just happened.

No more hugs, no more long nights together, no more surprised kisses, no more sweet mornings…no more Taemin.

You cried and cried…until you reached the bottom floor and ran out the doors.

Never looking back, in worry that you’ll run back and beg for him.

*Taemins POV*

He slid down the door as he watched the last of you go into the elevator.

Why did it end up like this?

Why did he end it on such a bad note they can’t go back and be friends?

Why?

 

He didn’t have to…it was just an excuse…right?

But…But if he didn’t she’d get hurt…again.

He knew he couldn’t support her, be the best that he thought he would be…

He punched the wall and started hitting himself.

Until he was out of breath and couldn’t go on anymore.

“why did you…why did I…fall in love with you?”
He breathed out and went towards his bed.

The bed he shared with you, the bed where there were tears, laughter, special moments, and the ‘first times’.

He covered his eyes with his arm and rested.

He started to cry…

The most since he was a little boy…right now all he wanted was someone to be here with him.

Telling that everything would be okay, everything would get better. And that one person would come back even though he told her to go away, once and for all.

 

*done*

 

You didn’t know what to do so you went wherever, never forgetting that moment. You let him free.

Taemin laid there on the couch, wondering the days when he’ll see a glimpse of your smile anywhere.

 

Could Love really be that cruel? Or is it just the human mind that tricks our Love?

Taemin: I’m Sorry, I let you go…again.

“I’m Sorry, I can’t come back.”