Amour

Amour

 

Soft whimpers roused Minho from his slumber. He stood up, padding silently to its source. Kneeling beside the other bed, he shook the sleeping form.

Taemin’s eyes snapped open, lower lip still trembling from what Minho presumed was a bad dream, “Min – min…” He didn’t get to finish as sobs began to make themselves known, proving all coherent speech impossible.

The taller of the two pulled the sobbing boy into his arms, their bodies moulding easily together. They sat there for what felt like forever, Minho rubbing Taemin’s back and whispering words of comfort while the latter clung to him as if his life depended on it.

The stream of tears slowed, trickling to a halt. A moment of deafening silence followed; Minho was the first to break it, the soft tones ringing into the silence. “Better?”

A nod.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

A brief pause, followed by a shake of the head.

“Okay, well we should probably go to sleep; we have an early schedule.” He was reluctant to leave, but he figured it would be best if Taemin slept it off. He stood up, preparing to make his way back to his own bed, when he felt a tug on his shirt.

“Stay with me?” Taemin rasped, voice hoarse from crying.

A gentle smile spread across the brunette’s features as he slid into bed next to the smaller boy.

Taemin immediately cuddled into him, pressing as close as physically possible. “Minho,” he asked. “Do you love me?”

Minho was surprised by the sudden question. “OF course Taeminnie,” he answered without hesitation, wrapping his arms more securely around the lithe frame. “Why do you ask?”

“In my dream, you said you hated me.” Wide eyes looked up at him. “It scared me because you’re the one who’s always there for me…and if you hate me, then what about everyone else?”  He shook his head as if to clear it from the offending thoughts.

Minho the other boy’s hair, the silvery strands passing through his fingers as if it were glacial water. “I could never hate you,” he promised, pressing his lips to his forehead. “And neither could anyone else.”

He pulled back to admire the ethereal creature in front of him, noticing the way the moonlight shining in through the window caught on a lone tear as it cascaded down his cheek.

Brushing it away, he smiled gently. “Do you think you can go to sleep now?”

Taemin nodded, closing his eyes and laying his head on the other boy’s shoulder. “Minho?”

“Hmm?”

“Thank you…for everything.” His breathing soon evened out as he fell asleep, safe and secure in the knowledge that he was loved.


 

hey :3

I found that writing helps me study for english exams, so you may find a few oneshots/drabbles in the next couple days

hope this was alright

comments are appreciated ^^

thanks for reading<3