Meeting

Prophecy of the Clash

 

The pain was on longer there, her mind felt peaceful like the calm ocean. Elaine slowly opened her eyes and was welcomed by white light. If for some strange reason she hadn’t felt peaceful, she would have panic at the white light thinking about her dream. But for the first time she felt indifferent looking at the white light. Slowly her eyes adjusted to the scene in front of her and found herself in health care room, looking at the cupboard filled with medicines. She stirred on the bed and carefully got up. Not knowing how she ended up in the room, she tried to go back in her memory lane to remember what had happened. Like a lightening, the scenes of the time when she touched the tree appeared. A strange feeling bloomed in her chest and she realized something was no longer the same within her but she couldn’t figure what it was.

The door opened and a man with dark brown grey hair and pale skin wearing a brown jacket entered.  He took time to notice the girl awake with few documents in his hands. The moment he saw her awake, a smile formed on his face.

“Glad to see you awake. Feeling better?” the man asked as he placed the documents on the table.

Elaine wanted to say yes but the words were stuck in . She didn’t know why she wasn’t able to speak to man in front of her, it could be that he suddenly appeared or she felt weak after the incident, so she nodded in reply.

“You must be wondering who I am. I’m Yoochun, the doctor for this university” he said.

Elaine again nodded her head, not trusting her voice.

“What is your name?” Yoochun asked.

Elaine was hesitant. She felt if she tried to say something then her voice won’t come out and it wasn’t like she felt tired or anything, so she decided to speak.

“Elaine Nereza” she said. Elaine felt better when she heard her voice.

To Yoochun, Elaine’s voice flowed like soft melody filled with power. It was a kind of voice he had never heard before, a very strange and unique voice which he started to like.

“How did I end up here?” Elaine asked with curiosity. The place she was in earlier was a deserted area. No one seemed to know it existed and she was the only one who was there. No one could know she fainted and it didn’t seem long since she fainted.

“A boy carried you here and a girl was beside him, claimed to be your friends and left as soon the opening ceremony started. I think the girl’s name was Yuri” he said. He tried remembering the boy’s name but couldn’t. He was never good with remembering names and never actually made an effort to remember after the fruitless efforts he made when he young. “If you want you can rest for some time before attending your classes. You seem to be weak after fainting before the opening ceremony.”

“No, it’s fine. I’ll attend the classes now. Thank you” Elaine said, picked up her bag lying on the ground and left. She thought if she met Yuri and the boy then she would thank them.

 Yoochun observed her till the time she left. Something about her voice and the way she looked, the expressions she gave perked his interest and it was rare for him to have interest in a person unless there was something different that separated them from others. “Elaine…” he said the name that was engraved in his brain.

 Elaine looked at the time and then at her schedule. She missed her first class, Music and now her second class, English has just started. She rushed to her class and entered her class from the back door. No one bothered to look at her including the lecturer, except for a few glance here and there as she settled down on an empty seat next to the window. Through out the class her mind was diverted to the images she had seen. She barely paid attention to the lesson taught. The words …mark in history…break or divide…mysteries…day and night…wrath… kept on playing her head like a broken tape recorder. No matter how many times it went with the soothing voice she heard, she could not make out the meaning of the sentences.

Velgior… The word had made every fiber of her body burn with fire.  It was the first time she heard such a word and at time her heart remembered the word like it was spoken many times before. Slowly she dissolved into her thought in such a depth that the pain in her head felt like the gentle breeze touching her skin.

The loud screeching sound of the chairs being dragged felt like painful scrams which woke Elaine from her trance and was welcome with pain in head which was forgotten. Holding onto her head, she slowly got up her seat without making any sudden movements and went off to her next class. She decided to indulge into the matter during her break where she won’t be interrupted.

Unfortunately, that was not case during her break. Jessica and Alex rushed to her the moment they saw. Elaine’s disappearance during opening ceremony had them worried and could not feel at ease until they saw her. Alex immediately felt something different within Elaine while Jessica was busy worrying about Elaine that she didn’t pay attention to the curious glance she was getting the outsiders.

Elaine always knew that something was wrong with her and she didn’t like others knowing about it and judging her without any right. Even though she knew Jessica and Alex wouldn’t judge her, she still couldn’t voice out what had actually happened because that would only mean that she was accepting the horrible truth, that is, something is wrong with her.

“It was nothing serious. I just felt weak. Might have been caused with me nothing eating dinner last night” Elaine said, words which was neither entirely true nor a lie. She did feel weak and she did miss her dinner but that a regular thing in her life. Waking up after having bloodcurdling dream made her exhausted mentally and the fear of sleeping and seeing it, made her lose her appetite but it was serious and had nothing to do with her skipping her dinner.

Jessica sighed in relief and calmed down.  She couldn’t sit properly in her classes and had let her worry for best friend eat her away. Her heartbeat became steady and she composed herself realizing the small commotion she was making outside the cafeteria.  Alex couldn’t put her finger on what was wrong with Elaine. It doesn’t have to bad… Alex thought about the strangeness and pushed the thought deep in her consciousness after feeling the difficulty to come up with an answer.

“Let’s eat before the time ends” Jessica said and dragged Elaine and Alex into the cafeteria.

 

 The sky became bright red with tints of orange with the setting sun. The classes finally got over and it was time to leave. Elaine met Alex and Jessica outside the gates and walked towards the bus stop.

“Girls! I heard about this new opened café 7 blocks away from our place having the most amazing pastry!” Jessica said excitedly, while waiting for the bus.

Before Jessica said her next sentence, Elaine and Alex already expected the outcome after hearing the word pastry.

“We have to visit it today before going home!” Jessica said in bliss. Anything to do pastry and Jessica is the first to be there.  She loved pastry, especially the ones her late grandmother made. Jessica once quoted ‘Pastry is best solution for everything’. Her knack for sweets was something that Elaine found cute, like a child exploring the wonder of the undiscovered world.

Alex could only sigh. She never liked anything sweet. It just made feel uneasy and only helped in making her feel worse. Alex always preferred bitter over sweet. For Alex sweets was like illusion that made one dream about anything and inch them away from the harsh reality, giving false hope which would break one’s heart but bitterness was a totally different thing, it was constant reminder of what was actually going on and helped her face the truth.

The bus arrived and throughout the bus ride, Jessica imagined the taste of the pastry, the way it would melt it . Her eyes sparkled with excitement she could not contain. The way her bench mate spoke about the shop tempted Jessica to visit the place.  After 15 minutes of fascination, they arrived in front of Moon Light Pastry. They entered the half empty café filled with fresh sweet smell and warmth. Alex cringed at the sweet smelling aroma that captivated Jessica’s heart. They sat next to the wall and looked at the menu. Jessica picked the three variety pastries while Elaine ordered for a chocolate pastry with an ice drink and Alex just ordered for a coffee with no sugar.

Jessica couldn’t wait anymore. She came so close and she couldn’t wait any longer. So when the orders came, Jessica was officially was on cloud 9. The pastries were delicately decorated and were for sure mouth watering. Jessica grabbed the spoon and took a bite of the cake, savoring the taste and that had done it. She literally had rainbows in her background.

“This is so good!” Jessica exclaimed.

Elaine chuckled looking at her friend’s behavior.  Jessica eyes were filled with innocence and delight. Alex on the hand was finding the sweet aroma barely if it wasn’t for the bitter coffee. By the time Elaine completed her cake piece, Jessica had finished and looked more than satisfied.

“I want to have more!” Jessica said.

“No” Alex said with out a pause. “I don’t want to hear you complain about how much weight you gained the next day.”

Jessica wanted more but what Alex said was true. So she pouted with her hands folded. Elaine couldn’t control anymore and laughed looking at Jessica’s childish behavior. Just then the door creaked open and two men entered. They took a seat behind the girls and were silent. Elaine’s back was facing the men so she didn’t know why Jessica was blushing all of a sudden.

The shorter of the two gave a smile and winked towards Jessica since Alex didn’t bother to pay attention. This made Jessica only become redder and giggle like a shy girl while Alex tried to divert her mind, away from the sweetness which was not compatible with her and barely paid attention to her surroundings. The relationship between her and the sweets were like ice and fire.

 

#

 

The attacks were like invisible forces clashing into each other. It was subtle and yet powerful. Every move the mystery person made, Xiaodh could predict it and avoid it with ease. From far it looked like an elegant synchronized dance with every block and attack that was made. For an ordinary person, watching the fierce fight would have mesmerized them but it had no such effect on Tao. 

The whole time Xiaodh was on defense mode and never attacked the latter and this had only made the latter smile and try something new. The latter used his black coat as a distraction to conceal his movements and back flipped to land behind Xiaodh and tried to make him trip by bending down and extending his leg and move his leg in swift movement and deliver the final blow. To the latter’s surprise, Xiaodh read his moves like an open book and figured what he was going to do when the latter moved his hand to use his coat as a distraction.  The moment the latter tried to trip him, Xiaodh jumped, twisting his body in the air, holding the latter’s shoulders as support and held on to it tightly as he threw the latter on the ground. With a loud thud and no time to react, Xiaodh landed on top of him and with power held the latter’s hand which had a sword and moved it close to the latter’s neck and pressed the sharp blade against his skin, threatening to cut.

“Yah! You win! Don’t kill me!” the latter said, admitting his defeat.

“You don’t know how to greet, do you Alcheal?” Xiaodh asked as he released Alcheal’s hand and stood while dusting his clothes.

Alcheal stood and rubbed his neck where the knife was earlier placed. Slowly the corners of Alcheal’s lip raised and he hugged Xiaodh. This was nothing new to Xiaodh. Whenever he came for a visit here, he was always greeted by Alcheal with a fight where Alcheal always lost and most of his hits were direct. This had started a long time ago when both of them were young and Alcheal wanted to show off the fighting skills he had acquired, thinking this made him really strong but everything crashed down when Xiaodh defeated him without breaking a sweat. Since then Alcheal was determined to become stronger than Xiaodh and regain his lost pride.

“Well it’s been a long time since your last visit and you are still stronger than me”   Alcheal said after releasing Xiaodh.

“That is because you never learn your lesson. You will never be stronger than me, not even in your dreams” Xiaodh smirked.

Alcheal’s eyes went wide open and pointed his finger towards Xiaodh, “Yah! You wait and see! I will definitely be stronger than you and defeat you one day!”

“And that one day will never come” Xiaodh teased.

Before Alcheal could comment back Tao interrupted, “If you are done, we have a meeting to attend.”

 With that said Xiaodh and Alcheal followed Tao as he led them through a series of decorated corridors and beautifully carved doors until he stopped in front of a 17ft tall door with swirls of blue and white spread across the carved door. Tao knocked before opening the door. Xiaodh was greeted with bright colours and fresh smell of spring. Xiaodh always liked the smell of spring, making him forget all his worries to some extend. Standing in front of them was a lady with sky blue hair flowing till her waist wearing a white cardigan with a knee length peach colour gown. Her beauty was a rare stone which hid her actual age. The way she stood and moved spoke of elegance and calmness.

“Xiaodh dear! It is so good to see you” she smiled and gently wrapped her hands around the boy, spreading warmth in him.

“Lady Angelus”, Xiaodh smiled.

Angelus released him and wore a frown on her scenic face, “Xiaodh… How many times do I have to tell you to call me Angelus or aunty?”

“That would be many but ‘Lady Angelus’ suits you the most”

Angelus could sigh. She didn’t want Xiaodh to be so formal with her but he was stubborn. She always considered Xiaodh as her family and would have preferred if he wasn’t so formal with her. “Well I hope my son didn’t trouble you a lot.”

Xiaodh looked at Alcheal with a smirk, receiving a glare before answering, “Not at all.”

“What is the meeting about mother?” Alcheal asked.

 

Angelus looked at Tao, conveying her message through her eyes and said, “Tao, could you please leave.”

Tao bowed before going out of the room and closing the door.

“I’ll come straight to the point. Both of you are going to the Homin-em clan which you already knew. So do you know you know your human names?” Angelus gracefully sat down, resting her hands on the arm rest and signaled the other two to take a seat. After sitting Xiaodh spoke, “Mine is Choi Minho.”

“Kim Kibum” the other said.

“So one part is done. You both must be wondering how you are going to come back from Homin-em clan” she said looking at their curious stares. “There is a device called Tesmus. It is really small but has a lot of power which can let a person travel through dimensions. Not many know about this device. Imagine the horror if the wrong kind of people got their hands on this device!”

“The lockets in front are Tesmus.”

 Xiaodh and Alcheal looked at the peculiar shaped locket; a small flat gold circle surrounded by thin vines twisted, illuminating white, violet, grey, red and green; which magically appeared. At the centre of the gold was a small black stone. Xiaodh looked at the small black stone carefully and spreading the feeling of drowning in a bottomless ocean filled with darkness inside him. He instantly looked away to erase the feeling of emptiness.

“How do we use this?” Alcheal asked.

“You touch the stone in the centre and say the words ‘Sempiterna quoque virtus tua, et robur meum, et animam meam transferrem ad corpus’ and then the dimension you want to go.”

“Where did you to find this?” Xiaodh asked indicating Tesmus.

“The black stone in the centre was given by Xihuitl. He said that this stone will help and the entrance words and didn’t say another word about it. Lady Magia and Lord Lycanthrope were the ones who made the rest of the locket and placed the black stone in the centre.”

Alcheal felt something was amiss. He knew his mother didn’t say everything but he didn’t pry more into it knowing that he won’t be successful.

“Once you reach Homin-em clan, go to Moon Light Pastry. There you will meet the rest of your group and Tao will meet you there in time. Till then you can explore the place since it is your first time visiting. Lastly be careful” Angelus smiled softly before signaling them to use the lockets.

Xiaodh and Alcheal stood and placed the locket around their neck and said the words, ending it with ‘Homin-em’. 

Angelus watched them disappear in hazy light. The moment they were no longer in her sight, Angelus removed them mask she was wearing and uneasiness settled over her heart. She could remove the feeling that everything that was going was going against the natural order and it just wasn’t right. She sighed and focused her mind elsewhere.

 

Alcheal and Xiaodh were pushed around with a force as powerful as a tornado.  Blinded, they didn’t know if they were together or separated. Luckily this had lasted less than 30 seconds. Slowly the colours crawled its way and Alcheal and Xiaodh found that they were standing on an empty park feeling tired. Xiaodh was even more tired since he traveled through dimensions twice in a day.

The fresh flowers around them reminded them of Lady Angelus. They looked around at the raw beauty of the park with no soul around.  Walking out of the park, they asked directions and finally entered Moon Light Pastry. The moment Alcheal entered and saw three good-looking girls sitting in the corner of the shop, he sneakily dragged Xiaodh to sit behind the girls.

Alcheal has a habit of seeing how girls flaunt or blush when he is there. It was like a game for him. He never believed in true love or relationships for that matter. So when he saw how the girl in front of him was blushing, he smirked inwardly. Though it bothered him a bit that the girl next her wasn’t paying attention to him but he ignored her and winked at the other girl.

On the other hand, Xiaodh was wondering who the other members in his group were. He was lost so deep in thought that he didn’t notice a presence standing next him. When the presence next to them cleared his throat, Xiaodh and Alcheal stopped what they were doing and looked up in surprise.

“Arcanox!” Alcheal exclaimed in shock.

Arcanox shushed him and said with a cheeky smile, “It’s Taemin!”

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

I took a long time to update so that I could write a very looooooong chapter!! :D

So how was this chapter? If it gets boring please tell me!!!!

Now for the next I have exams so my next update will be in 2weeks :3

By the way, if you guys want to know the meaning behind the weird and funny names then ask me! In my next chapter I'll put the meaning of the words at the end of the chapter :)

I finally mentioned the names of Shinee!!! Hopefully now it will be easy to understand the story *fingers crossed*