Prologue

Bloodlines

 

In a dystopian future where your bloodline meant everything.
How you were treated...
What rules you were to abide by...
Your social ranking and who you were to marry ...
Your entire future.
 
   But do you ever wonder how it all happened?
In this society, it's just like any other. People want money and power and are blinded by greed. They have become inhumane monsters that want nothing more than that. When inhumane people that are blinded want something, they will take drastic measures to make it happen. But the harder part is, after they achieve it, how are they supposed to keep it? 
 
   Well, thousands of years ago, all but one of the wealthiest and powerful families came together and decided that it would be extremely beneficial to all of them if they kept the power and wealth all to themselves. And how was this supposed to happen? Intermarrying between these families. So now, thousands of years later, these families are still at the top and dominating. More then ever, actually. They are even known as "nobles" and treated like celebrities by all. They were practically worshipped and had the final say in everything. 
 
   Note how I said ,"All but one of the most wealthy and powerful families?" There was one family that reused to take part in the intermarrying. At the time they were above and beyond even the rest of those families. Their pride did not allow them to interact with "people of lower status." But their pride was what caused their downfall. The other families clearly were not pleased at how they thought of themselves as better then them, so they quickly banded together and ruined the said family. Made sure that they were in debt. That no one wanted anything to do with them. And to this day it still remains this way. They were once at the top, but are now at the bottom. The lowest of the low. They are known to everyone as the "untouchables."
 
Everyone else was just "average" and could only be average, since their lineage simply could not be changed. 
 
"You are only supposed to marry and socialize with people of your own status."
"The "nobles" must be treated like royalty."
"The "average" were to simply to be average. Never be better than "nobles" and to always be better than "untouchables."
"The "untouchables" must be treated like or worse than dirt. Make sure that they know their place and cower in fear."
"Nothing was to change."
 
These were the unspoken laws that everyone followed. Some out of fear, while some actually believed that this was for the best.
 
In a society that is controlled by pride, greed, and fear.
A society that is blinded by want for money, power, and status.
Was it really supposed to turn out this way?
Is it really impossible to change?
 
The answers are soon to be known as someone who defies the unspoken laws of this society emerges. And when that happens, this important question soon emerges.
 
"What runs deeper? Love and loyalty or blood?"